• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

We had ~170 pre-reg last year. By the start of the tourney, we had >200
I recall the total numbers being 191.

FWIW there's still the pools image from last year uploaded here. Not sure if that accounts for onsite registrants, though.

I hope so, I really wanna see the EU vs USA matches.
All those two EU players

FWIW there's still the pools image from last year uploaded here. Not sure if that accounts for onsite registrants, though.
On that topic, will we ever get the full results? We got this pools picture and obviously the Top8, but aside from that I don't think we ever got the matches in between? Would be cool etc.

On that topic, will we ever get the full results? We got this pools picture and obviously the Top8, but aside from that I don't think we ever got the matches in between? Would be cool etc.
That image was just something I put together from the few results we were getting via IRC and twitter when it turned out that there was no stream for the pools stage. I don't think I ever got the actual results either.

I haz a depressed that my EVO viewing experience will be SG-less...oh well..thats wnat I get for being poor and unable to get to NV. ...im making the EVO pilgrimage next yr by any means.buhlee Dat

You're waiting until now to do room plans..?
You should go check the Evo Room sharing thread.
Because he JUST ditched me. If it was like, last month I wouldn't of waited...

Because he JUST ditched me. If it was like, last month I wouldn't of waited...
Oh, you said your ride cut out on you my bad, did he cancel his room plans too?

Oh, you said your ride cut out on you my bad, did he cancel his room plans too?
Good possibility. I'm too mad at him atm to really find out...

Won't help if I don't GET there, hmm? That's the first bloody thing that needs to happen.

I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive.

Ask around and see if anyone has extra space. Pretty sure Stuff and a few others are still looking themselves.

Whelp, if the Skullgirls side tourney happens at Noon on Friday and I have to choose between playing my USFIV bracket and my Skullgirls bracket, I'm playing Skullgirls.

Well you're running out of time so you'd better post in the room sharing thread.
I don't think I'll ever get tired of this.

Whelp, if the Skullgirls side tourney happens at Noon on Friday and I have to choose between playing my USFIV bracket and my Skullgirls bracket, I'm playing Skullgirls.
Talk to @render about making sure you're in a more conveniently-timed pool. He was kind enough to do it for me last year when I was in the exact same situation, I'm certain he can help you out, too.

Reactions: erkicman
So wait has it been confirmed what days SG will be?

I do hope it's Saturday so I can have fun the first evo day and prepare.

Cool, there's no conflict between Skullgirls and Arcana Heart 3. AH3 is on Saturday.

I just found a way to go, transportation, and hotel room, but looks like I can not participate since registration for Basic Pass has closed. Well, if maybe I'll hit up a pre-event. We'll see what happens.

Back in 2012 I was in the exact same situation and render was super chill and held some of my matches so I could play AE. And I'm sure this time it'll be even easier to handle that, just give him a heads up and you should be fine. Have a great EVO man!

Reactions: erkicman
I just found a way to go, transportation, and hotel room, but looks like I can not participate since registration for Basic Pass has closed. Well, if maybe I'll hit up a pre-event. We'll see what happens.
Pretty sure you can still get a spectator pass at the door

If not, you can always try to borrow someone else's pass

As far as I know general pools are Friday and finishing up is Saturday? But don't quote me on that.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh shoot. Why did I think the tournament started Saturday.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh shoot. Why did I think the tournament started Saturday.
Wait this means all the SG fun stuff can happen on SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!

Pretty sure you can still get a spectator pass at the door

If not, you can always try to borrow someone else's pass

@tilopud_rye From my experience, getting a spectator's pass after registration is closed is very, very difficult. Still try for it, but before opening day. When I had to get a spectator pass at the door last year, I had to do it because someone stole my badge on day 2 and I had to beg to not be kicked off the premises (they ended up rebadging me with a downgraded badge because I was sincere, and I WAS sincere, thank God). Once the event starts, getting a new badge almost doesn't happen at all. Borrowing someone else's badge is definitely an option though.

Edit: looks like they changed policies from last year. You're sure to get passes at the door this year!

"If Evo doesn’t sell out of passes online, they will be made available in person. The last few years we have sold out online, so I wouldn’t delay if I were you! If the 3 day passes sell out online, we will sell day passes at the event for $10 for each day. These will not sell out. Day passes will not be available for Sunday." - EVO website

Last edited:
Wait this means all the SG fun stuff can happen on SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!
That fun isn't the tournament pools, so I'm gonna be kinda bummed. I don't get there till 9PM Friday. Unless maybe I can change my flight time to get there earlier.

That fun isn't the tournament pools, so I'm gonna be kinda bummed. I don't get there till 9PM Friday. Unless maybe I can change my flight time to get there earlier.
The fun refers to the salty suite shenanigans AND I SWEAR TO GOD @Zidiane IF YOU DO A FUGAZI MATCH WITH A STICK RATHER THAN A PAD WHEN I BET ON YOU AND LOSE, I WILL IMMEDIATELY THROW YOU OUT.

CALL THE AIRLINE RIGHT NOW. That's usually a pretty easy thing for them to change.

CALL THE AIRLINE RIGHT NOW. That's usually a pretty easy thing for them to change.
Will be doing that tonight. Hopefully all's well.

Man one more week and one more day to go.

I still don't believe I'm going and probably won't until I get on the plane.

Reactions: Viro Veteruscy
The fun refers to the salty suite shenanigans AND I SWEAR TO GOD @Zidiane IF YOU DO A FUGAZI MATCH WITH A STICK RATHER THAN A PAD WHEN I BET ON YOU AND LOSE, I WILL IMMEDIATELY THROW YOU OUT.

Oh man, the salty suite. I hope I can stay there longer this time. I really hated having to leave shortly after I arrived on saturday last year because I started feeling like I'd throw up at any moment...