• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

Eh Aquapazza's on the same day as Skullgirls if I'm reading that right. I may enter depending on when Skullgirls ends and how upset I am about how it went.

I'm kinda hoping there is something Street Fighter Alpha 2 related....(I can dream)

Reactions: Dime
Will be doing that tonight. Hopefully all's well.
#SadBoys

Apparently, according to the woman on the phone, it'll be a $200 fee to change times, and then I have to pay the difference in price, which for some reason isn't less than $400. Which is bullshit, that's more than I paid for the whole to and fro trip. The only option left is maybe see if it's possible to only use the return ticket, but buy another departing ticket. I found one coming out of Boston for like $200 with tax, so if I am allowed to use that to get there and my original ticket to get back, I'll be able to just take a train up to Boston and should be relatively fine.

Aquapazza
Aquapazza
Aquapazza

Last edited:
The only option left is maybe see if it's possible to only use the return ticket, but buy another departing ticket. I found one coming out of Boston for like $200 with tax, so if I am allowed to use that to get there and my original ticket to get back, I'll be able to just take a train up to Boston and should be relatively fine.

Pretty sure you can't do this. If you don't show up for any leg of your flight, they will cancel the rest of it.

PM me. This isn't really a discussion for here.

#SadBoys

Apparently, according to the woman on the phone, it'll be a $200 fee to change times, and then I have to pay the difference in price, which for some reason isn't less than $400. Which is bullshit, that's more than I paid for the whole to and fro trip. The only option left is maybe see if it's possible to only use the return ticket, but buy another departing ticket. I found one coming out of Boston for like $200 with tax, so if I am allowed to use that to get there and my original ticket to get back, I'll be able to just take a train up to Boston and should be relatively fine.

Aquapazza
See what the cost difference is to change the round trip ticket into a one way flight back and purchasing another one way to Vegas. I've had to do that before and it's usually less than dealing with their bull.

See what the cost difference is to change the round trip ticket into a one way flight back and purchasing another one way to Vegas. I've had to do that before and it's usually less than dealing with their bull.
That was my next idea. I'll see how I can arrange that today.

OK guys I have a bit of dilemma, the hotel for the convention just sold out and all, and I just got paid to book it, is there anyone out there who can help me out? I am bringing my friend and I will happily split the cost of the room, or something...anything!!. Please message me if you can help.

OK guys I have a bit of dilemma, the hotel for the convention just sold out and all, and I just got paid to book it, is there anyone out there who can help me out? I am bringing my friend and I will happily split the cost of the room, or something...anything!!. Please message me if you can help.
Just making sure... The LVH was sold last week and changed its name.

I still find it hilarious that this is the 2nd time it's been sold (It used to originally be called the Hilton).

#SendZidianeToEvoAGAIN?!?!

My plane should be coming in before 4 PM. I'm just hoping both my pools are around or after that time, because I already put my parents through too much trying to get me there and there's little to no chance of changing that flight.

MY POWER LEVEL IS SO HIGH RIGHT NOW. I AM COMING FOR ALL OF YOU.

Question for @render and Mike,
Is it good for us to tweet at them asking for them to stream Skullgirls or talk about how much we want to see the top 8 streamed or is that just annoying?
I don't know how that marketing stuff works.

I guess that's only if they aren't 100% certain if they will stream Skullgirls too.

No point in bugging them, really. I don't think they need convincing. It's just a matter of working us into their schedule and adjusting our tournament schedule accordingly. Barring anything ridiculous - WHICH HAS BEEN KNOWN TO HAPPEN - SG finals will be streamed at EVO courtesy of Madcatz. :D

What we SHOULD do is shower love and praise on Markman and Madcatz if/when they DO put us on their stream.

Last edited:
This turn out is looking better and better with every passing moment.
Hoping that mahvelous trend continues into EVO 2015, when I'll probably be there.
Grrrrr8 job to the folk involved in getting the MadCatz stream, I'm quite eager for that exposure in a week... just a moment's time away.
(Forced references, woo)

impressive feet
divekick__markman_wallpaper_by_drstuff-d6wuhlz.png

Impressive enough to emit lightning

Before rummaging through 550+ posts, can anyone tell me any confirmation on SG pool times and finals? I will be working my booth so I need to plan for coverage so I can leave and come back at certain times.

Before rummaging through 550+ posts, can anyone do it for me?
Fixed for truth.

Also, there are no times yet.

Edit. That is unless @render knows more deets now.

Last edited:
WHEN THERE ARE MORE DEETS THEY WILL BE IN THE FIRST POST.

@MegamanDS - I keep the first post updated for a reason, dawg.

*scrambles to check to make sure it's up to date...*

can u get in the tournament on the 12th?

Pre registration ends 7th but you can get in at evo for $5 more

Last edited:

akindhobo is correct that you can do on-site registration for $15, but I should note that July 12th is Saturday, and the SG tourney pools are on Friday, July 11th. So no, you can't sign up on the 12th.

akindhobo is correct that you can do on-site registration for $15, but I should note that July 12th is Saturday, and the SG tourney pools are on Friday, July 11th. So no, you can't sign up on the 12th.
Well deep dates are hard