• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

I'll take Tax with my duke

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
Just wanna make a shoutout to @Cellsai for the bandana. That's one hella cool bandana. Every photo of the SGevo there is you can spot Cell in the crowd thanks to it. Like Waldo in sleepwalk mode

Reactions: No longer exist
Bruh @keninblack help me out here and tell this fool he don't know shit about cuteness

Oh, did I strike a nerve?

I'm a 24 year old that looks like I'm 15. I'm hella cute. The ridiculous babyface I have helps lol.

DJ I can't advise continuing this particular subject of discussion, I don't feel it will end well
qroVKfH.gif

Reactions: Kongk4
Evo was the bomb. Happy to meet some of you internet people, and to see some old faces again, although I didn't hang out as much as I should have, Pai Gow got a hold of me Saturday night. I should not money match drunk. Maybe even sober, but you got lucky Negus. You got lucky. I also never want to play tournament matches through an LGP, but I won't blame my losses on it. Sorry (not sorry) for popping off at you Guitalex.

@render is a g, and deserves great fortune in this life and the next. This year's tournament was ran so well I forgot I was at Evo (hue hue). Wish we kept the projection screen up for our top 14 > 4 though. Oh well.

YEAH THATS FINE NOBODY SHOUT ME OUT I DIDNT WANT IT
I DIDNT HAVE FUN SO DONT SHOUT IT OUT
ID RATHER EAT THIS YOGURT IN MY ROOM WAKING UP TO NO SHOUT OUTS THAN TO EAT THIS YOGURT IN MY ROOM WAKING UP TO SOME SHOUTOUTS

SHOUTOUTS TO @420xGunShotsx69 FOR BEING HELLA CHILL, GOOD TO SEE YOU OUT THERE, ITS A SHAME YOU FORGOT HOW TO MAP BUTTONS DURING BUTTON SELECT AND DIDNT HAVE ASSISTS FOR YOUR FIRST GAME. PLAY MORE THAN 6 HOURS OF THE GAME NEXT TIME!

Oh, did I strike a nerve?

I'm a 24 year old that looks like I'm 15. I'm hella cute. The ridiculous babyface I have helps lol.

Let me just say this, you look your age.

Also shoutouts to Jordan who shouted himself out and being the obviously better goose brother

and thanks for honking @Choose Goose I wish you honked louder though :c

Reactions: RAT__BABY
Also shoutouts to Jordan who shouted himself out and the obviously better goose brother
#1 they are called the "goose brothers" therafor Goose is the better brother
also have YOU SEEN GOOSE'S STICK? OH? YOU HAVE? OK GLAD WE SETTLED THIS.

Reactions: Stuff and mcpeanuts
edit: spoilered because holy shit.

Lab-Zero
@Mike_Z thank you for making this game, and more to the point, maintaining it. You are the best.

@render thank you for running this tournament and all of the work that you do for the game. You are infinitely cooler than I could have expected.

PNW
@Choose Goose P N W B O Y S, I will never have a better travelling partner, training partner, or nerd-dodging accomplice. This tourney was rough on us, but I got your back if you're ready to go in harder on the practice grind or travel to more tourneys. I think it's a given that I got you any time you need gin to survive these things.

@420xGunShotsx69 No PNW experience is complete without a real piece of shit to gangster up your AA photo submissions, drink, smoke, and joke it up 6-9 hours of the day. You are always welcome crash with us anywhere we go, foreign or domestic.

@GirlyStyle I'm not sure if we're the best parents or the worst parents, but I could not ask for a better life partner. You have my word that we will make Seattle things happen so the PNW boys can all get together like we should, and take some of the organizational pressures off of you. I checked my bags, and I'm pretty sure you still have the shorts. If not, I will send them with the promised hat.

@Skarmand If I did anything right this weekend, it was hug you a million times. I've measured a lot of my Skullgirls ability by comparing my growth/performance to you, but always remember that even if I fall behind or am outclassed, I will never stop cheering for you or being proud of you. You are the shining jewel of the PNW, and I am more than excited to watch the growth from 'Skarmand the Killer' to 'Skarmand the Champion' take place. Just be ready to shoot me, because I'm coming for you too. <3

@Domo You are the chillest dude ever, and I am so happy/proud that you went as deep as you did in the bracket. You need a place to crash at in Redmond, mi casa es su casa. You need a training buddy in chicken and waffles, P4, or SG, you come see me and we'll throw down until our fingers bleed.

@CorpseFeast I am so sorry that you couldn't be here for all of this. There will be PNW events and we'll do it right with all parties present and accounted for.

O H M Y G O D V I R G I N I A
+
Xanadudes
@winnie You are every bit the monster people describe. It may seem weird to be happy about getting bopped so badly by you, but I really am. Ken's told a lot of stories about your development as a player and the way things happened for you, and it's always been a very real inspiration on my own skullgirls grind. I will work very hard to become the Winnie of my generation of SG players.

@keninblack My entire Evo2014 experience was defined by our shared rampage. I am so incredibly happy that you are a part of this community, and no matter what happens, I will always be the first person in the line of admirers to let you know how wonderful you are. I don't give a fuck when or where we meet up, I trust you to deliver me to fun and joy 100%. Too glad to have found someone that refuses to turn shit down no matter what hour of the night it is or how many cops raid the place.

@ElkyDori It was so fucking good to finally meet you. We've been Painbros forever, and I promise that I'll be returning to the fold real, real, real soon. You need some Carol tech or matchup advice, you come see me.

@Outlaw_Spike I think it's fucking hilarious that you of all people would not take the Solo option when given the choice on disposable cups. Much love and respect, I can't wait to yuk it up with you again at some east coast tourneys soon. I will taste-test an entire array of beers should you recommend them.

@Broseidon Rex Mannnnn thank you thank you thank you for bringing the hype, masks, suite, and that fabulous solobella to the tournament. Without you, this would have been a whole hell of a lot less amazing.

New Your
@dekillsage You are still my favorite SG player. It may not show in my results, but I listen to your advice and try to study your matches/play so much. You understand this game so well and work so hard at it compared to everyone else, there's never been any doubt in my mind that you were going to take the trophy this year, and I will be fucking surprised if you don't take it again next year.

@Lethalmind Much love and respect. I did my homework on you as soon as they'd announced pools, and was already sweating our match before I'd ever even left Seattle. Dekillsage is my favorite player ever, but it should be an understood idea at this point that all of New Your is out to shoot people. It should also be a given that all of you are super chill dudes. Can't wait to run it back at some east coast majors this year and next. <3

@GeneralMunoz Maaaaaaaaannnnnnn you are infinitely cooler than I could have expected. I look forward to yukin' it up with you in the future for sure.

@cloudKing211 It was good to meet you, swear I ain't mad about losing online lol. We need to play more, and it was cool kickin' it with you when the time came to bet on Melty/SFA2 money matches.

Illinoize
@konkrete I am so happy that you did well, and I felt that popoff 100%. We've played a good number of games online, and those are always the first at the top of the list to study/review. You've been one of my favorites for a long, long, long time and it's awesome to just watch you go and get deep in these majors.

@Duckator The game isn't the same, but you're never going to be out of the picture. Next major we're at, I will buy you a burger and a burrito and let you get the runback you deserve.

South
@KhaosMuffins You are every bit the chill dude I imagined, and I hope the waning passions for the game are a temporary thing. You easily had the hypest match of the whole weekend. It's a shame I didn't get to kick it with you more, but the east coast will be seeing a lot more of me soon, so hopefully we'll make up for it. <3

@Broken Loose I AM SO SORRY TO HAVE FUCKED UP YOUR CARD GAME. I am actually the worst. You are 10000x more handsome than i could have imagined. You need an in for the handsomelad list, i got you.

@PrettiestMedic It was cool to meet you. If I hadn't been riding the Keninblack rollercoaster so hard, I definitely would've loved to kick it with the CEO champ more than I did. We run into each other a fair bit online, and we'll make it happen offline soon enough.

Northeast
@mcpeanuts You are as hilarious in person as you are everywhere else. I am always inspired by how much love the Game Underground guys have for the game. You are always making things happen despite the game's circumstances. I can't think of someone that deserves to revel in the joys of video games more than you. While Girlystyle may never see you again, I promise that you'll see quite a bit more of me this year. Much love. <3

@Icky McPeanuts explained a fair bit about your circumstances regarding the game, and I feel it, but I expect you to be front and center when we get our drink on at the next nerd party. I can guarantee you a good time no matter what video games are doing to you.

@Pikmario It was great to meet you. I study a lot of Filias, and yours never fails to be horrifying.

Midwest
@Hopscawtch Mannnnnnn I heard a lot of "Hilary has the best hugs" and I have to say that those people have clearly never hugged a Hopscorch. It was so fucking great to meet you and share a swerve, and I hope that in the future there's more where that came from.

@nomnomkitty221 It was great to meet you. Hops is easily the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

@Elda Taluda Congratulations on getting super deep in the tourney. You are a desperately needed inspiration to a whole generation of painwheels, and you deserve every bit of your successes. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I hope you continue to have fun and do well with the game.

???Cal
@ThatOneOtherDude I am so sorry to hear that you're dropping the game. I've watched a lot of your matches at the recommendations of Sev and Peanuts, and have always had a lot of respect for you as a player. Good luck in whatever games you choose to pursue!

@Negus Eyoel I'm glad you went as deep in the bracket as you did. I know SG isn't at the top of your list at the moment, but I hope there's still some fight in you yet. You were and are one of the smartest and most definitive painwheel and double players out there, and the one I've always looked to for how to play a PW or Double matchup. I can't thank you enough for just flat out being fucking good and illustrating how to not be a scrub.

@severine You are still my favorite cuteboy, and I will always adore you. I am sad that things didn't work out well for you and we didn't get to hang out much, but I am still elated with the fun we did have. I will make things happen for NWM and more Vancouver trips, and you are always welcome!

SoCal
@Shin ATproof Yo that flareon though! It was cool meeting you, and I will hit you up with the Val tech soon. Goose and I have been talking about making a pilgrimage to Salty/Rebel one of these days, and I'm more than confident I'll meet some cool cats if you're any indication. I will be getting back into Guilty Gear soon, and Mike keeps telling me you're the man to see. <3

@WingZero You paid for @GirlyStyle's way into the ST room, but you don't have to like it. Train hard and get the runback!

@When's Skullgirls It was great to meet you! I hope to see a whole hell of a lot more of you. Like I told Shin, rolling through SoCal is on the agenda, and we'll make it happen offline soon enough!

@Nekro_Surge Mannnnnnnnn you are chill as fuck, and I hope this weekend took your mind off all the unfortunate things leading up to it. I can't wait to roll through your parts and kick it with you again.

Last edited:
Shit people getting fukkin complex with their shoutouts

feeling KINDA PRESSED

also I WAS ONLY SHOUTING OUT PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE SO SHOUTOUTS TO @Hilary FOR BEING THE MOST DISGUSTINGLY NICE PERSON I HAVE EVER MET AND FOR OWNING SUCH CUTE DUCKS
also also ALSO FUCK I FORGOT A LOT OF REALLY COOL PEOPLE I AM SORRY FUCK SHIT FUCK

Okay. Here we go.

I am only shouting out a couple of people, but please know that literally EVERY. SINGLE. ONE OF YOU DESERVE ENDLESS RECOGNITION. I equally adore everyone, and I could not be happier knowing this community. You all accept me as someone that you can come to, to not just play SG, but to laugh with, and talk to, and relax with. That means more than you will ever know. So please don't be discouraged if your name is not on this list. I really wanted to give everyone time but I would be typing this up for literally days if I did that.

@Izzmo From the bottom of my heart I am so sorry, I left the elevator to say bye to Duck than come back and say bye to you, but my tired stupid ass did not realize how dumb that was of me. I'm really sorry that I couldn't say goodbye, I feel really bad about it. Come next year so I won't fuck up again, you're a very nice guy to have around and it was an honor to get to know you and play your dope ass team.

@render Thank you, you ran the tournament exceptionally well considering the setups and resources you had at your disposal. Just like every year, no one could've done it better and thank you so much. You're positivity and patience is perfect for TOing, and I hope we continue to meet up because you're a bro!

Xanadu: I don't think I have ever been more proud about anything related to fighting games in my entire life, after all the prep and countless hours we put into the game together I am so happy that we were able to come out and put Xanadu, and the DC/MD/VA all over the upper half of the bracket. If you didn't make it out of pools, you got 3rd in your pool. We've come a long way from Me, Winnie, and Broseidon just taking turns playing by ourselves at Xanadu. With that I am forever grateful.

@winnie I love you man, you made Virginia proud, sorry that I couldn't play my part. Were going to take over Smash though. See you in a couple days when you're done with hibernating ;P

@mcpeanuts You played very well, this was our 3rd EVO together and I am always blessed that I am able to see you. Thank you for setting up the room for me and Winnie so we could come on our own. Can't wait to see you at more events.

@SonicFox5000 You will ALWAYS have me in your corner for any game and don't you dare forget that. I knew you had that Injustice crown as soon as you told me you had it. You're the best Neatherealms player, an amazing Skullgirls player, and I can't wait to be by your side as you dominate your games. Just please support me too if I ever make any noise in Smash ;)

@Elda Taluda You've grown SO much as a player over such a small amount of time and I am so happy for your progress. Don't regret anything, you played as best you could and you made the Midwest proud. I hope whatever you pursue brings you as must success as SG has. Best Painwheel, best Fortune, best person. <3

@Swiftfox-Dash I knew since playing online with you that you were going to wreck this bracket. Its always awesome seeing you because you always have an awesome smile on your face, and you roll through with your own personal posse and I have nothing but respect for that. I hope you had a great vacation with your friends, and I wish you the best of luck.

@dekillsage I knew you had it, as soon as I got on your corner and you gave me that nod I knew what was going to happen. Ever since NEC you've just had the drive to put in the work and it shows, you have new tools and tech every time I see you. Seeing you take the crown brought me nothing but tears of joy and I'm so glad I helped contribute that fire that gave you this win. "Fuck New York" <3

@GeneralMunoz I saw you commentating the recorded matches, so glad you were able to do what you wanted to do. You're the hype man I one day wish I could be, not just for New York, or the East Coast, but for the people. Please don't ever stop attending events, I don't care what game you play, but we all need you.

@Lethalmind You're STILL one of my favorite players to watch since that Winter Brawl we met. You always come up with amazing tech, your kindness also knows no bounds and I'm very happy for the time we always share.

@Broken Loose (and Malyssa <3) Words cannot describe how happy you two make me, you guys never stop showing me positivity and good energy and I am forever grateful for meeting you two. The wit you both share together is awe-inspiring and I hope one day to visit you folks in Florida. :) THAT DISNEY WORLD TRIP NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!

@Hopscawtch Okay you may disagree but you showing up was REALLY important. You were streaming when nobody was and you brought such a breath of fresh air to the game that it really needed. You gave us all a place to meet each other and talk til the sun came up. You bring nothing but happiness, and seeing you at events brings me nothing but joy. I hope you keep attending events, tournament player or spectator, because we all appreciate you so much. Love you Dad <3

@nomnomkitty221 MAMA! Seeing you always makes my dad, after a slow, 5 hour long plane ride and a lot of driving in dry heat. Seeing you as soon as I walked in the door to play SG made it all worth it. You always look out for me and keep my stupid ass in check, and I respect the fuck out of it. I WILL VISIT YOU GUYS I PROMISE <3 I'll bring Winnie too!!

@Nekro_Surge EVO would be nothing without your great attitude, the way you carry yourself and many more things. Love you to death dude, I'm glad you could make it, and I hope to see you next year.

@Rance As always, you're the best. Get me the contacts of all the homies you introduced me to bro! Always a pleasure meeting up with you, and I hope we have many more interactions together. You just fucking rock dude.

@Shin ATproof Having conversations with you is just always a good time. You're so thoughtful, your mix game is HELLA PROPER, and you always deliver a smile to my face. See you around bro <3

@Some Person It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, you'll conquer your nerves in time I promise. You're a very kind person and it was just so awesome hanging with you!!

@severine I hope all is well, I'm so happy you were still able to go and you never stop making these EVO trips worth it. I love you to bits and I really really REALLY hope I get to see you soon.

@Duckator Seeing you always lets me know that I'm at a Skullgirls event. You're awesome one liners and the way you carry yourself never fails to make me feel all fuzzy inside. Nothing but love for you dude. Keep in touch.

@konkrete Always a pleasure, I always feel like I get like mental "cool points" hanging out with you because you're fucking awesome! Here's to many more tournaments together!

@Negus Eyoel Had a blast getting hype as fuck and side betting with you. You keep things interesting and we need that, nothing but love!

@ThatOneOtherDude GG's in Smash my dude, LETS LEVEL UP AND KILL IT NEXT YEAR IN SMASH 4.

@Hilary Going into EVO I knew meeting you was going to be a gift, and I was right. You were nothing but positive and wise the whole event and it was an absolute honor meeting you. I hope we can stay in touch and keep making awesome memories. Thank you for everything <3

@Domo Literally everything I've ever wanted in a person is you. I knew we were going to get along super well and like HOLY FUCK YOU'RE PERFECT <3 I don't know what else to say but just UGH <3

@Choose Goose Already shouted out your brother but O DONT WORRY YOU GET ONE TOO BAE. You're awesomely cool and swell and meeting you was dope. Thanks for putting up with me, but man, you're great. <3

@Skarmand 10. SECOND. HUG BOYS. Haha was awesome meeting you dude. You're super sweet and EASILY the C U T E B O Y champ. See ya soon I hope!!

@GirlyStyle I HATE HOW WE AREN'T ROOM-MATES BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER. You are the perfect pea to my carrot, the anal to my dildo, and some other thing. Your energy is fucking awesome and amazing and I hope one day I can be half as good of a father as you.

Everyone:

We killed this EVO, we once again showed everybody that our community means business, and we bring hype. It was an absolute pleasure to see you all, if it was seeing you again, meeting you for the first time, etc. We are really an amazing community and I really need you all to understand and know that. A lot of people are taking "breaks" and being more "casual" with the game. Regardless of what happens, I don't care what games you play at the venue, or what games you quit, as long as by the time the venue you closes. We meet up in the hotel rooms like one community again. Promise me that, we don't need SG around. Put fucking Twinkle Star Sprites and make that the one setup in the room I don't care but I NEED you people in my life the same way as it always is.

You all will never know how much this game means to me and how much joy you all give me, and I am forever grateful that you guys put up with me <3

Thank you so much for this weekend.

I was that mustache guy in case people didn't know. Entered as Ramon instead of RemiKz.

Really wish I could have gone to the salty suites. A combination of not knowing when/where it was and not wanting to have the guy housing me pick me up and have to drive that late kind of prevented it though.

@render : I'm not sure how you still had a voice after all the yelling and didn't even look tired. Props for running the event
@Mr Peck : Definitely going to want that runback when I'm playing better.
@WingZero : Really cool meeting you in person. Going to get you back for bodying me last day.
@KhaosMuffins : Regret not getting to play you. Really cool guy in person.
@Shin ATproof : Bummer about your stick crapping out when we played. Definitely willing to play again sometime.
@MegamanDS : Pretty cool guy in person. Going to want a runback with you someday.
@severine : Wish you didn't bail, wanted to play you again.
@dekillsage : Big congrats again dude, you really deserved it. Cool guy and hope to meet up with you again.
@the guy with the 360 stick and solo squigly : I'm sorry but I completely forgot your name. You were a super cool guy.
@the guy with his little brother : Your brother made me feel like such a villain when I won : ( Cool guy though.

Shout-outs to pretty much everyone I talked to and everyone else for making the event so much fun.

Barely not breaking into top 16 has me super motivated to up my game now. See you guys next year.

Reactions: Lethalmind
@RemiKz

WAIT YOU WENT!?! I FEEL LIKE SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN SAY HI AND NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I THINK AND FEEL AWFUL :(

Im sorry! :(

Reactions: Mr Peck
I'm not one to make long speeches. I love the lot of you and can't wait for next year. BUT @GirlyStyle I wanna runback with you next year. Until then I'll hold that L. :)

@RemiKz

WAIT YOU WENT!?! I FEEL LIKE SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN SAY HI AND NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I THINK AND FEEL AWFUL :(

Im sorry! :(
You think you should feel bad? I've known him for since around when Smash bros Brawl came out. Apparently he came to me and said hi and I couldn't make out his name so just shook his hand and was on my way, never to talk to him again. Oops

Reactions: keninblack
Peace and love to everyone I've met (and sorry for partially forgotting you x.x). I wished I honestly had more time to hang out with everyone, specially with the trip from Centeral to Pacific time zones. Next year for sure I'll take Thurs -> tues off of work as vacation so i can actually hang out. And I'll prob have a Ps-stick this time (another reason I kind of stayed out of the group).

Alot of fun and look forward to next year. I'm already wanting to fix what I did wrong on my first match (as the second I just couldn't get out of the corner and I lost where my char was a few times x.x)

Sorry (not sorry) for popping off at you Guitalex.
It would've made me feel better if you actually won EVO. #Kappa

But like I said last time, we're on the rise. I might see you in top 4 next time. And since it'll be top 4, a pop off is expected and encouraged lol

Because I'm not sure if the LGP was setup before this match started (?):

Gonna shoutout a shit ton of people when I get a minute.

Last edited: