• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

I still can't believe that actually worked.
It was the dickstick. Gave him the luck he needed.

Should have gambled with it...

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Shoutouts to almost forgetting my 5th place check in the hotel room after checking out.

I had to give Skarmand his check about 6 or 9 times before he actually put it somewhere safe.

I'm almost positive he left it in the airport.

Reactions: 420xGunShotsx69
Oh yeah! Shoutouts to @Uzu for committing Sudoku after I made top 8 like he said he would. He's probably somewhere in Mexico solving an expert-level Sudoku with a pen and no whiteout, because what else would that mean if not that?

Reactions: Inferno
Shoutouts to @Hopscawtch for putting his shoutouts in a spoiler. Now THAT's a good idea.
I checked out those pirate pants and they only have 1 kind and there's only 2 pairs ;_; Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Also, I was interviewed by a Japanese TV show that talks to foreigeners about why they've come to Japan when I arrived at Narita. I was still wearing my Skullheart shirt. Darn shame it wasn't the EVO one!

Alright, finally am both not asleep or busy and have some time for shoutouts.
@mcpeanuts for reminding me of how hilarious it is that I make it to Evo but haven't been able to make it to GameUnderground. And for covering your hair to confuse me. And for being generally awesome.

@Broken Loose for confusing me by changing your hair. Had no idea who you were until I realized you both had information that no one else knew and knew someone named Malyssa. Also, Pikachu Wall Scroll, thank you very much. Coup was fun, wish I got to play another card game with you. Oh, and tell me how that joke turned out :)

@Hopscawtch for being pretty cool despite me not getting many chances to talk to you. Need to rectify that soon. NEC...?

@nomnomkitty221 for making me feel better about my brother. And for stealing like... how many? Like 8 hugs from me? Hug bandit. I got mugged for my hugs.

@Stuff you were cool despite us not talking much.

@worldjem for looking like you were about to do curls after every match.

@guitalex2007 for showing the world the power of your dick... stick.

@dekillsage for inspiring me to put in work. How long that'll last? Who knows. I'm usually pretty "I don't really care" about that kind of stuff.

@GeneralMunoz What flavor is it? Free? Free? You were fun to hang out with, lol.

@Mike_Z for championing me in the bracket and making the space I would have taken get top 32. And for playing a couple games with me (Oh, and please don't fix that thing I was doing, I like doing it). Just wish I could have gotten a full set without being interrupted with the phone call. Also, don't remember if I told you or not, but my Brother ended up perfectly fine, the hospital just gave him some Tylenol and sent him home.

@render for all your hard work and upbeat attitude throughout. And while I don't really enjoy the mainstream sports, I'm happy your team won. Go Germany (It was Germany, right?)!

@splinterend for being super fun. And you didn't force me into a corner in a dark alley and remove articles of my person so you could maul me with hugs, like certain other females of the Skullgirls Community (<3 nomnomkitty). Also, thank you for your assistance in beating Daigo in Janken Po. And for taking a picture of me... wait, which picture did you take? Can you get that to me somehow? And looking forward to meeting you again some tournament.

@Izzmo you were pretty cool, man. I hope you can make it out next year. And don't do Devil Horns > Showstopper so often, if the opponent reacts to blocking Devil Horns by just neutral jump blocking, you get hard counter-hit punished unless you spend bars with a safe DHC (which I don't remember if your team could do off Showstopper DHC).

@Broseidon Rex Always a pleasure. Thank you for getting top 32. Between living vicariously through your solo bella and seeing bella's in 4 out of top 4, I ended up being satisfied with the tournament (to an extent). And Giant Umbrella was too cool.

@Datagram for being pretty cool. And letting me into that cool room with the cookies and apple juice.

@keninblack You're always such a fun person. Didn't spend much time with you either, but the experience definitely wouldn't have been the same had you not been there.

@WingZero for reminding me again why it's so fun to use Bella with your reactions to crossunder c.mp Kanchou.

There are more people. There are always more people. Shoutouts to everyone who hugged me. Shoutouts to the drunk couple. Shutouts to the guy I didn't want to see not being there for me to see (If I saw you or you saw me, I'm 100% not talking about you). Shoutouts to the man who gave me the Madcatz shirt whose name is lost among the sea of names I learned over the weekend. Shoutouts to the Tekken Community for FT13's.

When you say you're going to go find teammates and then completely disappear for ten minutes when everyone else is ready to go i'm going to start the tournament. My focus wasn't directed towards the eighty sixed booth, and the one time i looked there i saw two girls.

Teams tournament wasn't ran properly because organizing a side tournament at evo when everyone wants to do different things is wonky (thank you @keninblack and @Shin ATproof for being as cool about it as you were). It didn't really end up being all that serious anyway.
I'm guessing that was you? I gave you 3 names. I was there watching you call each match. I couldn't leave that area. My teammate was standing with you for the entire time as well.

It's fine though. I'm not mad, just wish you called our name before DQ or after render talked to you to put us in losers at least. But like you said, it wasn't serious so I understand why you tried to make it good quick and not try as hard to look or call my team. I saw the bracket also, my team wasn't even on it. So I think you accidentally didn't ad us since our 3rd wasn't downstairs yet and we forgot to tell you to ad us anyway. So mistakes on both parts I guess. I apologize

I'm guessing that was you? I gave you 3 names. I was there watching you call each match. I couldn't leave that area. My teammate was standing with you for the entire time as well.

It's fine though. I'm not mad, just wish you called our name before DQ or after render talked to you to put us in losers at least. But like you said, it wasn't serious so I understand why you tried to make it good quick and not try as hard to look or call my team. I saw the bracket also, my team wasn't even on it. So I think you accidentally didn't ad us since our 3rd wasn't downstairs yet and we forgot to tell you to ad us anyway. So mistakes on both parts I guess. I apologize
No problem. See you at SCR (Maybe ._.)

Reactions: No longer exist
Thank you to everyone I managed to get in longer sets with despite the limited setups
@Elda Taluda
@worldjem
@ElkyDori
@KhaosMuffins

I haven't been playing fighting games very long, but thank you to the general Skullgirls community for making this an open and accessible game

Can't emphasize other peoples' sentiment about the community impact of @Hopscawtch enough -- it was good to meet you in person

Hopefully the talk going around of people quitting or jumping exclusively to other games was just burnout and the tournament results left people motivated -- I know I'm going to try to hit even more majors that feature SG next year

Last edited:
Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
@Zidiane she already knew the punchline :-( no surprise to me, @Kitten Safari's family has a penchant for bad jokes.

In other news, we hopped a train the rest of the way and we should be home in 3 or 4 hours! Fuck everything.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Eh, why not...

Shoutouts to @Broken Loose and his random as all hell cursing. Plus being a cool bro.

@Domo for that close ass match. I really wanted that money. :(

@render for all the hard work he's done.

And to @Mike_Z for dissing my Arcade Stick "skills," among other things. :')

Then finally, EVERYONE ELSE THAT DIDN'T GET TO MEET/TALK TO sadly. :( But eh, maybe next year.

PS: Semi-shoutout to @GirlyStyle beating me in USF4 pools. Damn your frame-trapping Rose. D:<

Last edited:
Reactions: No longer exist
@Zidiane she already knew the punchline :-( no surprise to me, @Kitten Safari's family has a penchant for bad jokes.

In other news, we hopped a train the rest of the way and we should be home in 3 or 4 hours! Fuck everything.
Lol. I had told her the joke so that she would already know the answer before hand. Payback for that non-existent Ambassador.

The fuck, YOU STILL AREN'T HOME?!?!?!?!

Semi-shoutout to @GirlyStyle beating me in USF4 pools. Damn your frame-trapping Rose. D:<
My major tournament curse continued with being matched up against SG players in non-SG games. Good to see I'm not the only one.

PS: Semi-shoutout to @GirlyStyle beating me in USF4 pools. Damn your frame-trapping Rose. D:<

My major tournament curse continued with being matched up against SG players in non-SG games. Good to see I'm not the only one.

Girlystyle is at all times a Street Fighter player that just happens to own Skullgirls

Reactions: Kongk4
Girlystyle is at all times a Street Fighter player that just happens to own Skullgirls
DONT GET IT TWISTED

Reactions: Hilary
@keninblack ilu bra, shout out to you being the only non-cali dude that remembers me after EVO
LSP aswell but idk if he has a skull heart account

S T A I R W E L L B O Y S

Trip report: Finally home. Evo was pretty good, although I'm unlucky as hell.

Reactions: Hilary
Shouts outs before I drop out of life due to post-evopression

@Hilary For general bro-ery and lab tech
@GirlyStyle for being the worst dad/best dale gribble
@Domo for tiny glasses and spongy buns
@Skarmand for being the only PNW to make it anywhere in life
@keninblack for tank tops and having this face while playing video games
7GYVpHh.jpg

@Duckator for harrassing domo and not having twinkle star sprites
@WingZero for the free pizza and not punching me
@KhaosMuffins for the shirts (MAKE MORE)
@mcpeanuts for wasps and asking if anyone knew who ChooseGoose was when I was standing right in front of you
@Shorts for letting my legs get cold
@Bedsheets for keeping said legs warm and causing me to fall asleep 80% of the time I got into the hotel room
@Stuff for continually asking me to honk
@.42. for being the 2nd person I recognized at Evo
@Shadowfury333 for Melty Bloodu
@Broken Loose for Avalon and being a dick Mordred
@konkrete for the "I don't even play this game" melty blood matches
@Fizzxwizz and everyone else who said "Are you ChooseGoose? I saw you eat" or any variation of
@Dolfinh glad shit worked out for the better!
@420xGunShotsx69 for being a piece of shit
@Mike_Z for his 88.95$ signature
@LVH/Westgate for milking every dollar possible out of me

Ok so... Quick question... Who was sleeping next to the elevator that last night?

that was Broseidon's friend, from the salty suite

shoutouts to everyone at the suite, btw, and the monday crew.

@ElkyDori Right here making me feel really Sadboys in a good way, I was like one of the only stream monsters to come out and hang huh. Dont worry though, ill post more nasty things in the chat next time (not really) Looking forward to meeting you next time.

I wasn't feeling well for the first half of the trip so I didn't get to try as many food places as I would have liked, but on the way back to the airport on Monday I made a discovery I must share with everyone.

Canes is the fucking truth oh my god.

No longer exhausted from having only 8 hours of sleep from Thursday to Monday and shamed at my short shoutouts so like a solo vs, this is the second down! Had a blast meeting everyone; both new faces and old. Glad I was able to make drinks (and bomb sweets) for everyone that wanted one! Will definitely do it again next year! It'll be bigger and better next time! That's a promise and guarantee!

So...HERE. WE. GO!:

Huge hand for my Earlfriend @render for getting these tournaments done. This was a great tournament year thanks to your efforts. Good shit, homie! Would love to lighten your workload next time dude.

@Mike_Z To many people, you're this awesome godlike creator of this game but to me, you're just like family. Love you and Rachel and it's always great to see you at these events.

Thanks to @Weatherbee and @Nekro_Surge for helping with some of the mixing supplies! So everyone that loved my drinks, please, give these awesome guys some love too! Love you guys!

@WingZero You were a total bro during all of Evo. It was great hanging with you thoughout the tournament. Thanks for being such a good friend and competitor. Thanks little brother! See you soon! We got more work to put in for SG and soon UNIEL!

@Rance You're always a fun guy to hang out with and this Evo was no different! S T A I R W E L L B O Y S!

@Hopscawtch and @nomnomkitty221 You're both super nice and it was so great seeing you two in person. I know we didn't get to hang out much but hopefully we can fix that next time either at an East Coast tournament or the next Evo at the latest!

@Hilary It was a pleasure meeting you dude! Glad we got to talk for a bit and that Val tech looks siiiiiiiick! Can't wait for the link so I can sink my teeth into it. Glad you enjoyed the Flareon! lol I'm pretty happy how that turned out myself! It was also nice meeting @Choose Goose and if you guys do make it out to RebelUP/Salty, we'll definitely get some Guilty Gear in!

@Outlaw_Spike My East Coast Valentine brother from another mother! You totally rock dude! I love the work you put in with Val and it was super cool to meet you in person and share ideas and gripes with our favorite character. Will totally join you next year for a team tournament! See you online dude!

@Some Person First Evo for you? I hope you had a blast dude! I've seen your play grow over the past year and you've come a long, long way. I'm telling everyone right now DON'T SLEEP ON THIS DUDE NEXT YEAR! Our team with Spike was strong and will love to join you two again next year!

@Dolfinh It was great to meet you again since SCR! Thanks for running the team tournament and for holding out as long as you did for me while my Top 8 match in Vampire Savior was going on! We definitely gotta get some games in online AND local. Hope you run another 3v3 at Evo again!

@mcpeanuts Great seeing you since SCR as well homie! I was running around with other tournaments so I'm sad we didn't get to chill and talk more but there's always a next time!

@ElkyDori Nothing but love for you dude! It was great meeting you and commentating during SG matches. Would love to collab again in the future! Although we didn't get that money match in, there will be other times! See ya next Evo and for sure online in other games!

@St. Dorothy Kitty it was great to see you in person again! Glad you were able to make it out to Evo and meet some people in the community. Take care darlin!

@keninblack and @winnie OH MY GOD VIRGINIA! Nothing but love for you bros. It was super great to see y'all again. I hope to be hang out with East Coast in the near future and you are such a chill dude to be around. You definitely made Evo great for me.

@Skarmand Great talking to you and loved hanging out for a bit. Definitely want to get some games in local next time!

@Negus Eyoel Good seeing you. Glad I talk for a little bit and make a few drinks for you and @ThatOneOtherDude . Hope y'all continue to play this game. Would love to get some games in with y'all and have a few drinks next year in the Salty Suite! See you guys soon!

@POS Industries Nice talking with you briefly in person! Loved the work you put in for commentary! Hope to see ya again, dude! Take care!

@worldjem Good seeing ya dude! Nice talking with ya again. See you at next Evo at the latest!

@Domo It was great hanging out with you at Hash House. You're a super fun dude to talk to and I'll be there to cheer you on as you conquer that chicken! Although both of us didn't have time last night, I definitely want to get some local matches in next time.

@guitalex2007 Yo! Great seeing you in person! You're fun to talk to and thanks for that boost with BlackBlack when I ran out of my own before Evo. So much went on during Evo we didn't get some games in but nothing online will fix until the next time we meet! Till next time!

@KhaosMuffins It's always a pleasure to chill and see you dude! You're a super cool guy to talk to and only wish Evo was slightly longer so we could get some games in. Especially with you going Yolo with cat! Again, good seeing you, man and hope to talk/play with ya soon!

@Cellsai Those kit kats bro! OMG! Good talking with you. It was enlightening to briefly chat with someone that has done work in Japan that I want to do and hopefully will soon! Take care dude!

@dekillsage A new king is crowned and for a year and you're at the top of the mountain. You climbed hard to get to where you are now so enjoy the view for now, you deserve it. You're a super nice and humble dude and an't wait to meet up with you again. Although you got a shit ton of money for this tournament. Allow me to purchase a real pizza next time! Laters!

@Broseidon Rex You're a super fun dude to hang with. Thanks for opening your door for people in the SGC to have some fun in. Your Bella play is par excellence and as much as I hate fighting Bella, I would love to go 1 on 1 with you soon with my Val. Take care, brother!

@Lethalmind Excellent chatting with you. For someone as cool as you, I hope we can get some games in soon! Peace!

@Uzumakihero Pleasure to meet you dude! Glad you had fun at Evo! Hope to see you next Evo at the latest! Take care!

@Izzmo Good games, mein freund! Glad you enjoyed the drinks! We had a pretty hilarious set in the Grand Finals of the beta tournament. It was good talking with you and thanks for being a sport letting me get that runback on you! Until next time!

@Mr Peck Dude, good talking with you. Sad we couldn't get any games in but hopefully until the next local we can get some online! Cheers!

@Pikmario Nice meeting you dude! I'm still occasionally chuckle over our matches with no super flash. Instant Fullscreen Checkmates is GREAT lol

@RemiKz No worries about the stick malfunction. We had a decent match in the end. Hopefully it can go better next time! It was good seeing you and hope to see ya at Evo next year!

@Kit Ballard It was nice meeting you! Sadly we only got games in during the 3v3 but hopefully we can fix that with some online matches until next time! Love playing anyone that uses Val and sharing what I know with her. Laters!

@Dawn111 Another person who made it out for their first Evo. You're a trooper for coming out. Now it's time to put in work with that hitbox for next year!

@SHODAN Good seeing you dude! Sounds like you had a blast at Evo and I'm glad. Thanks for making that run for ginger ale! It kept the drinks going for a while longer and a life saver to some players!

If I've forgotten to give any shoutouts to anyone here please, please, PLEASE don't take it personally; it's just hard to remember everything that happened over the weekend and there's just so damn many of you now which is AWESOME!. Skullgirls community keeps growing and each and every last one of you make this community special and make me to be proud to be a member of.

Again, thanks so very much to everyone that made this Evo a good and memorable one for me! Again, love to everyone that showed up to play SG to come and chill this weekend. Without all of us, there is no Skullgirls Community. Can't wait to see all y'all again soon. Hungry for Evo money matches next time too! Your man Shin loves all of you! Until next time! ^___^

Last edited:
@Money ggs.... at least you were the only one to play with me....

@dekillsage congrats i guess... you did super well i wish i could be as good as you one day, you're an inspiration in such a stupid world....

Reactions: ShadeMoneh and b0nk
No longer exhausted from having only 8 hours of sleep from Thursday to Monday and shamed at my short shoutouts so like a solo vs, this is the second down! Had a blast meeting everyone; both new faces and old. Glad I was able to make drinks (and bomb sweets) for everyone that wanted one! Will definitely do it again next year! It'll be bigger and better next time! That's a promise and guarantee!

So...HERE. WE. GO!:

Huge hand for my Earlfriend @render for getting these tournaments done. This was a great tournament year thanks to your efforts. Good shit, homie! Would love to lighten your workload next time dude.

@Mike_Z To many people, you're this awesome godlike creator of this game but to me, you're just like family. Love you and Rachel and it's always great to see you at these events.

Thanks to @Weatherbee and @Nekro_Surge for helping with some of the mixing supplies! So everyone that loved my drinks, please, give these awesome guys some love too! Love you guys!

@WingZero You were a total bro during all of Evo. It was great hanging with you thoughout the tournament. Thanks for being such a good friend and competitor. Thanks little brother! See you soon! We got more work to put in for SG and soon UNIEL!

@Rance You're always a fun guy to hang out with and this Evo was no different! S T A I R W E L L B O Y S!

@Hopscawtch and @nomnomkitty221 You're both super nice and it was so great seeing you two in person. I know we didn't get to hang out much but hopefully we can fix that next time either at an East Coast tournament or the next Evo at the latest!

@Hilary It was a pleasure meeting you dude! Glad we got to talk for a bit and that Val tech looks siiiiiiiick! Can't wait for the link so I can sink my teeth into it. Glad you enjoyed the Flareon! lol I'm pretty happy how that turned out myself! It was also nice meeting @Choose Goose and if you guys do make it out to RebelUP/Salty, we'll definitely get some Guilty Gear in!

@Outlaw_Spike My East Coast Valentine brother from another mother! You totally rock dude! I love the work you put in with Val and it was super cool to meet you in person and share ideas and gripes with our favorite character. Will totally join you next year for a team tournament! See you online dude!

@Some Person First Evo for you? I hope you had a blast dude! I've seen your play grow over the past year and you've come a long, long way. I'm telling everyone right now DON'T SLEEP ON THIS DUDE NEXT YEAR! Our team with Spike was strong and will love to join you two again next year!

@Dolfinh It was great to meet you again since SCR! Thanks for running the team tournament and for holding out as long as you did for me while my Top 8 match in Vampire Savior was going on! We definitely gotta get some games in online AND local. Hope you run another 3v3 at Evo again!

@mcpeanuts Great seeing you since SCR as well homie! I was running around with other tournaments so I'm sad we didn't get to chill and talk more but there's always a next time!

@ElkyDori Nothing but love for you dude! It was great meeting you and commentating during SG matches. Would love to collab again in the future! Although we didn't get that money match in, there will be other times! See ya next Evo and for sure online in other games!

@St. Dorothy Kitty it was great to see you in person again! Glad you were able to make it out to Evo and meet some people in the community. Take care darlin!

@keninblack and @winnie OH MY GOD VIRGINIA! Nothing but love for you bros. It was super great to see y'all again. I hope to be hang out with East Coast in the near future and you are such a chill dude to be around. You definitely made Evo great for me.

@Skarmand Great talking to you and loved hanging out for a bit. Definitely want to get some games in local next time!

@Negus Eyoel Good seeing you. Glad I talk for a little bit and make a few drinks for you and @ThatOneOtherDude . Hope y'all continue to play this game. Would love to get some games in with y'all and have a few drinks next year in the Salty Suite! See you guys soon!

@POS Industries Nice talking with you briefly in person! Loved the work you put in for commentary! Hope to see ya again, dude! Take care!

@worldjem Good seeing ya dude! Nice talking with ya again. See you at next Evo at the latest!

@Domo It was great hanging out with you at Hash House. You're a super fun dude to talk to and I'll be there to cheer you on as you conquer that chicken! Although both of us didn't have time last night, I definitely want to get some local matches in next time.

@guitalex2007 Yo! Great seeing you in person! You're fun to talk to and thanks for that boost with BlackBlack when I ran out of my own before Evo. So much went on during Evo we didn't get some games in but nothing online will fix until the next time we meet! Till next time!

@KhaosMuffins It's always a pleasure to chill and see you dude! You're a super cool guy to talk to and only wish Evo was slightly longer so we could get some games in. Especially with you going Yolo with cat! Again, good seeing you, man and hope to talk/play with ya soon!

@Cellsai Those kit kats bro! OMG! Good talking with you. It was enlightening to briefly chat with someone that has done work in Japan that I want to do and hopefully will soon! Take care dude!

@dekillsage A new king is crowned and for a year and you're at the top of the mountain. You climbed hard to get to where you are now so enjoy the view for now, you deserve it. You're a super nice and humble dude and an't wait to meet up with you again. Although you got a shit ton of money for this tournament. Allow me to purchase a real pizza next time! Laters!

@Broseidon Rex You're a super fun dude to hang with. Thanks for opening your door for people in the SGC to have some fun in. Your Bella play is par excellence and as much as I hate fighting Bella, I would love to go 1 on 1 with you soon with my Val. Take care, brother!

@Lethalmind Excellent chatting with you. For someone as cool as you, I hope we can get some games in soon! Peace!

@Uzumakihero Pleasure to meet you dude! Glad you had fun at Evo! Hope to see you next Evo at the latest! Take care!

@Izzmo Good games, mein freund! Glad you enjoyed the drinks! We had a pretty hilarious set in the Grand Finals of the beta tournament. It was good talking with you and thanks for being a sport letting me get that runback on you! Until next time!

@Mr Peck Dude, good talking with you. Sad we couldn't get any games in but hopefully until the next local we can get some online! Cheers!

@Pikmario Nice meeting you dude! I'm still occasionally chuckle over our matches with no super flash. Instant Fullscreen Checkmates is GREAT lol

@RemiKz No worries about the stick malfunction. We had a decent match in the end. Hopefully it can go better next time! It was good seeing you and hope to see ya at Evo next year!

@Kit Ballard It was nice meeting you! Sadly we only got games in during the 3v3 but hopefully we can fix that with some online matches until next time! Love playing anyone that uses Val and sharing what I know with her. Laters!

@Dawn111 Another person who made it out for their first Evo. You're a trooper for coming out. Now it's time to put in work with that hitbox for next year!

@SHODAN Good seeing you dude! Sounds like you had a blast at Evo and I'm glad. Thanks for making that run for ginger ale! It kept the drinks going for a while longer and a life saver to some players!

If I've forgotten to give any shoutouts to anyone here please, please, PLEASE don't take it personally; it's just hard to remember everything that happened over the weekend and there's just so damn many of you now which is AWESOME!. Skullgirls community keeps growing and each and every last one of you make this community special and make me to be proud to be a member of.

Again, thanks so very much to everyone that made this Evo a good and memorable one for me! Again, love to everyone that showed up to play SG to come and chill this weekend. Without all of us, there is no Skullgirls Community. Can't wait to see all y'all again soon. Hungry for Evo money matches next time too! Your man Shin loves all of you! Until next time! ^___^
Sucks we got dropped x.x oh well though I guess.. Feel free to hit me up on steam. I'll prob wait to honestly play online till I replace this power supply. I think it's the cause of my weird lag lately.

Man, I had to breakout the word processor to write this.

My roommate @clawmaster for jumping through hoops on not adding one, but two extra days to the existing hotel reservation.

My cool roommate @KhaosMuffins for showing me Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition HD (I still don't know how to play that game).

My other cool roommate @Zidiane for helping me raid the cookies and juice in Resorts Club room (via @Datagram)

@Erreip199 AKA Pierre. Best person to hang out with at EVO. Also, for being the person who informally set up SG players dinner meetups WITHOUT A PHONE. YO, THE NO PHONE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Next year, I will hand you a phone.

My Slapfest bros @pash1k and @Datagram (and Datagram's friend Mike). Finally got to meet and hang out with my online training partners. Also, FUCK FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURES.

@Pikmario Promise me that we will never have another long set while only standing up and playing on a old laptop :) Also, for straight up bodying me in every random game we played from Kirby: Triple Deluxe to Samurai Gunn.
Also...
Dcmb4GZ.jpg

@ElkyDori Really cool to finally meet you. Hopefully, I'm considered an honorary MD boy since I still use my MD license for everything.

@Broseidon Rex for setting up the community salty suite and a very memorable Friday breakfast. Too much puns. Also, for showing how to get it done in Metal Slug 3.

@Stuff for being really cool and providing classic Stuff moments such as spilling water every time he drank some. RIP 50th Anniversary Benihana Cake.

Thursday night noodles place dinner with @worldjem, @Elda Taluda, @Merlock, @Cellsai, and some of the previously mentioned SG players.

@POS Industries for being a great guy. One day I will figure out what I want in that POS voicemail.

The rest of the people in my pools, notably cuteboy @Domo and @cloudKing211.

The mysterious mustache man I faced in top 32, and who ended up being the not-so-mysterious @RemiKz. I knew I recognized that playstyle from somewhere.

@keninblack for his warm introduction. Yo, you have the best hug in the business.

@Hopscawtch We said hi to each other very briefly. If it weren't for your streams, I would have never gotten into this community.

@dekillsage I watch you stream all the time, and when you won EVO, it hit me straight in the feels ;_; Also, if it weren't for Dekillschool, I probably would not made it out of pools.

@Negus Eyoel Another person I watch stream all the time. It was definitely nice to meet you in person. Also, for being part of the late night Fortuna dinner squad (chicken wraps and a cupcake? lol).

@Duckator for our failed Ikaruga hard co-op run. Maybe next year.

@Broken Loose While we didn't have enough time to hang out on Monday night, I'm sure we will get to hang out more in the future.

Everyone who participated in not one, but TWO SG community Nidhogg tournaments. Off of the top my head who I remember participating: @Shnarfl, @Outlaw_Spike, Tourney #1 Winner @DJAzure, and Tourney #2 Winner @Pikmario. @DJAzure vs. @Pikmario Nidhogg match needs to happen next year. Special shoutouts to whoever I played Samurai Gunn and Towerfall with.

@SHODAN for our extremely tired discussion while being near the lab zero salty suite door.

@BrandX+ for going out of his way to say hi to @pash1k and I.

@AtroxChobatsu, @akindhobo, and the rest of the pizza squad. Estimated Pizza ordering time: 4 Hours. I'm sure we will speedrun it next year (probably not).

The Smash panel that @Datagram interrupted by yelling "SKULLGIRLS!"

Whoever found out Superbook Deli had cheap, decent food. Glad I found out on the last day.

The Resorts Club for letting me mooch off of @pash1k and @Datagram. Not only were there free cookies and juice, but free wine, cheese, and booze!

And, of course, the entire SG community for not only giving me a memorable EVO experience, but giving me my first offline FGC community event experience.

Ok so... Quick question... Who was sleeping next to the elevator that last night?

That was Space Danny.

Okay, so shout outs:

So, I'm gonna miss tons of people but...

@Some Person : It was great to finally meet you and hang out in the RL. It was a long time coming and can't wait to do it again, assuming you can put up with my constant talk of beer and sports, and me randomly breaking out into classic rock songs.
@POS Industries : OMG dude, the person behind the coolest voice in SG is an even cooler person. Really want to hang out again. With that much talent, there's no doubt you will be discovered.
@Cellsai and @Maji: Great rooming with you guys and wish we had more time to hang.
@Mr Peck and @Izzmo: Holy shit you guys are awesome for making it out to Evo and I regret not getting to spend more time with you. The time we did spend was awesome. Hope you can make it out to the next Evo, too.
@Inferno @Hilary @mcpeanuts: All about the booze run.
@Shin ATproof: My solo Val brother. Great to finally meet you and a great honor to be on the same team. Wish we could have gotten that MM in. Next time for sure.
@Zidiane: Great to see you again, wish you could have made the tournament. Hold down that solo life.
@Lethalmind: Was so cool to meet and hang out with you. If you're really down to listen to me talk about what beer you should try, oh man, I'm all in. Just hit me up!
@PrettiestMedic: Wish we could have hung out a bit more, but great to see you again. Didn't even have to borrow your stick this time!
@WingZero: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Just man. Great to meet you. Really want to get up to your level so you don't body me free every time.
@dekillsage: Congratz on the win. You're a cool dude and really deserve it.
@cloudKing211: Congratz on being mistaken for @dekillsage the entire weekend. Can't wait to play more sets with you.
@SonicFox5000: Really cool to meet you again. Great job on all the wins. How the hell are you only 16? Holy shit man. And man, being that cool after what happened during the tournament says a lot about your character. Can't wait to see what you're going to do next and be cheering you on as you do.
@guitalex2007: Dickstick. Now I can finally say I've used it. Thank you for that.
@render: Fantastic fucking job running the tournament. Easily the best I've ever seen. Rolling with the punches and keeping top 16 on track could not have been easy, but you handled it perfectly. Just awesome.
@Mike_Z: Thank you for putting up with us.
@Hopscawtch: So great to see you again. Really want to hang with you more as you're such a cool dude. And if you wanted to wear the beer hat, you should have just told me! I had no idea and feel terrible for not letting you now!
@Dolfinh: Thanks for running the side-tourney. So glad it actually happened.

And some shout-outs to X A N A D U B O Y S

@keninblack: You are exactly what this community needs. So much positive energy and hype. Please stay in the community. Can't wait to hang again.
@winnie: Dude, you have so much talent and skill. Don't let any tough loss get to you. Really want to see you keep playing. You are so damn good at this game it'd be a shame to see you leave it. The tech you develop and the ability to execute it is just scary to see.
@Space_Danny: Fucking awesome job getting out of pools. And sleeping by the elevator. How have we not hung out more? Can't wait to hang again.
@Broseidon Rex: So fucking awesome to see you in top 32. Holding it down for all the solos. Solo5Lyfe. Congratz on that and keeping the dream alive.
@ElkyDori: Hanging with you and @Broseidon Rex really helped make the trip as awesome as it was. Best plane trip of my life. Those 5+ hours flew (ha.) right by. Really glad you were able to get on the mic and do some Evo commentary. And don't worry about not being able to enjoy the beer at Brewer's Art, it's mostly about hanging with friends and having a good time.

To whomever I forgot, I'm so sorry!

Oh so no shoutout to me, Spike? I see how it is.

Anyways, I recall seeing a streaming setup by Guard Break, was it? Their Twitch doesn't have an archive of the event, so I can only assume they recorded it. Anyone know when that's going up? I want to see my ass get destroyed with POS commentary.