• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jump Landing Frames Canceling Block Advantage and 0 Block Advantage on attacks

SonicFox

Fox of the Stars
Reaction score
PSN
SonicFox5000
XBL
SonicFox5000
Unknown Robo Fortune Filia
Soo I was looking into some wonky stuff I caught happening on my stream and as I went in testing, I discovered 2 things:
1.I can cancel your block advantage IMMEDIATELY upon landing with a super.
2. I can interrupt jailing strings from a jump cancel into super.
In the following video I do the following:
1. I mash super via a pushblock guard cancel showing how while grounded I can't interrupt a jailed block string.
2. I literally INTERRUPT you mid string with a super after making your attack 0 on block and canceling it into super.
3. I show you how as soon as I land on the ground I can also mash super through your attack canceling that normally would be a true block string.
@Mike_Z
I kinda sorta broke your game again

Also http://www.twitch.tv/zsonicfox/b/580531243 1:19:20 is what made me start doing testing and things and now I sorta understand whats happening.

Last edited:
Landing ending blockstun is well known. Bella sHP vs air block into command grab on landing?

SONIC PUH LEASE

#HWAH

Son you gotta be more aware of the SKULL SURROUNDINGS.

Being able to perform actions upon landing regardless of blockstun has been a part of the game since day 1

What is a "jailed" blockstring? Is it a true blockstring?

Landing ending blockstun is well known. Bella sHP vs air block into command grab on landing?
thats a grab, all grabs can be jumped since there isn't exactly tick throwing. The only throws that don't work or can't jump are air throws (your in mid airrrr)

Being able to perform actions upon landing regardless of blockstun has been a part of the game since day 1
Yeah I figured, but look closely in the second clip, I'm literally clicking super as soon as I block the First Cr.MK.
that shouldn't happen lol

Yeah I figured, but look closely in the second clip, I'm literally clicking super as soon as I block the First Cr.MK.
that shouldn't happen lol

O, o it does.

Reactions: WarpedEcho

What is a "jailed" blockstring? Is it a true blockstring?
Yeah it is. I show you in the first clip that Im trying to mash super out of the block string and I can't until it gets to the HP.
In the second one, I block the first hit of Cr.MK And jump cancel super and it works because the game reads me as still in mid air even when I was grounded for a second, and you know how fast Fukua/Filia Cr.MK is.
3rd clip shows me canceling the whole block string to begin with. Fukuas L.p L.k Cr.MK H.P is a true blocksttring, but it can be PBGC'ed, however this is COMPLETELY ignoring that.

O, o it does.
Also checkout the stream thingy because I tested this on double too lol. Your Stand L.K --> M.K is a true block string lol. The stream thing shows me accidentally jump cancel superring with Fukua because I was mashing too hard

In third clip, it looks like you land and avoid the c.MK hitbox entirely with DD invincibility. Odd that the block symbol shows up during the second clip though.

Could be wrong but to me this looks like you are just canceling your block stun by landing and going straight into an invincible attack. This was the way to punish Fiber Uppercut back in the day when it was dumb.

I see mashing into super
I see pbgc mashed super
I see landing into mashed super

Am I missing something? Jump start up is cancelable and landing ends blockstun immediately. Each hit in a multihit normal deals its own stun. You landed between hits.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
In third clip, it looks like you land and avoid the c.MK hitbox entirely with DD invincibility. Odd that the block symbol shows up during the second clip though.

Could be wrong but to me this looks like you are just canceling your block stun by landing and going straight into an invincible attack. This was the way to punish Fiber Uppercut back in the day when it was dumb.
Yeah the second clip is what I am more concerned about rather than the 3rd one. The second is showing literally NO block stun, yet I am grounded…
The 3rd one is me demonstrating how a true block string is cancelled by landing frames (Which I already knew lol, just showing it off)

I see mashing into super
I see pbgc mashed super
I see landing into mashed super

Am I missing something? Jump start up is cancelable and landing ends blockstun immediately. Each hit in a multihit normal deals its own stun. You landed between hits.
Look at the second clip and then click the stream link and goto where I said to go for the checkpoint. I am not PBGC, i am just literally supering you out of your multi hitting string without PBGC. Normally I would already be on the ground, but look whats happening there. Its weeeeird

- I checked, the bug is that if you block on the frame right BEFORE you land, you will display as stand-block during the hitstop when in fact it is an air block, and you'll land immediately after that. So it's a purely visual bug, you aren't actually cancelling stand block. It's always land cancelling, which is an intended feature, not a glitch.
You can verify that it is an air block yourself: Do it by holding up-back vs a tall low attack (try Big Band's sweep) and notice that when you get the immediate-movement-with-standing-pose version you do not have to block the attack with Down-Back.
So you didn't break the game, but it's nice that you were so happy about it. :^)

- You can link to timestamps in archives with a "?", please do that http://www.twitch.tv/zsonicfox/b/580531243?t=1h19m20s

- "Jailing" is some weird MK/3D term, I guess? :^P

- I checked, the bug is that if you block on the frame right BEFORE you land, you will display as stand-block during the hitstop when in fact it is an air block, and you'll land immediately after that. So it's a purely visual bug, you aren't actually cancelling stand block. It's always land cancelling, which is an intended feature, not a glitch.
You can verify that it is an air block yourself: Do it by holding up-back vs a tall low attack (try Big Band's sweep) and notice that when you get the immediate-movement-with-standing-pose version you do not have to block the attack with Down-Back.
So you didn't break the game, but it's nice that you were so happy about it. :^)

- You can link to timestamps in archives with a "?", please do that http://www.twitch.tv/zsonicfox/b/580531243?t=1h19m20s

- "Jailing" is some weird MK/3D term, I guess? :^P
Ok thats interesting, but if i try to air block wouldnt i get caught on jump frame startups?
And yeah jailing is a mk term xD

Ok thats interesting, but if i try to air block wouldnt i get caught on jump frame startups?
Huh? You're falling, and being touched the frame before you would land. There's no jump startup in there...
Let's say you'd land on frame 10.
If you are touched on frame 8, you show as air blocking during hitstop, then land and can do anything. You do not have to low-block low hits.
If you are touched on frame 9, you show as standing during hitstop (that's the bug), then land and can do anything. You do not have to low-block low hits.
If you are touched on frame 10, you are standing during hitstop, then standing during blockstun. You have to low-block low hits or else you will get hit.

Reactions: SonicFox
Huh? You're falling, and being touched the frame before you would land. There's no jump startup in there...
Let's say you'd land on frame 10.
If you are touched on frame 8, you show as air blocking during hitstop, then land and can do anything. You do not have to low-block low hits.
If you are touched on frame 9, you show as standing during hitstop (that's the bug), then land and can do anything. You do not have to low-block low hits.
If you are touched on frame 10, you are standing during hitstop, then standing during blockstun. You have to low-block low hits or else you will get hit.
Ah ok makes sense.
Ill be looking for more broken stuff!