• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kill la Kill *WARNING SPOILERS EDITION*

Somehow, I'm not surprised at all.

I'm waiting for a mix between Blumenkranz and Stroheim's theme.
It would be the best thing.

what times are the new episodes released?

It's already out on Crunchyroll.

This episode...

This show just...ceases to amaze me...I mean what the fuck Trigger lol

Honestly, the only scene I found uncomfortable, was when Ragyou was touching Satsuki trying to "purify her". I tried to get it out of my mind that it was something dirty, I assumed it was a massage to make her body feel better...then she went between the legs and that went out the window lol.

Also...clothes are aliens...like...holy shit I did not see this coming. What the fuck

Well things just got... weird.

also
did this episode just imply that Ragyou is like 200 years old?

This show just...ceases to amaze me...I mean what the fuck Trigger lol

Honestly, the only scene I found uncomfortable, was when Ragyou was touching Satsuki trying to "purify her". I tried to get it out of my mind that it was something dirty, I assumed it was a massage to make her body feel better...then she went between the legs and that went out the window lol.

Also...clothes are aliens...like...holy shit I did not see this coming. What the fuck
We're going to space! again >_>

Reactions: No longer exist
So the original life fiber is a parasitic life form that came from space and sped up humanity's evolution so it could feed off them? Anyone else getting Lavos vibes from this?

We're going to space! again >_>
I'm not saying it was ancient aliens . . . but it was ancient aliens.

Trigger knows how to do a recap episode

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
Trigger knows how to do a recap episode
i did like the whole "were you worried that the whole episode would be a recap?" thing at the start

And with the new reveals the show is now firmly in JRPG territory now. So are life fibers more Lavos or Jenova?

rainbow hair is really creepy

The whole shower scene reminded me of this scene from mother 3:

Oh and the new ED is like, the best thing ever. New OP is meh.

Oh and the new ED is like, the best thing ever. New OP is meh.
I hope the new ending means we'll be getting fightin' mako back.

why do i get the feeling my badtouch post might become true

please don't become true

i want ryuko and satsuki to be sexual tension frenemies until the end

why do i get the feeling my badtouch post might become true

please don't become true

i want ryuko and satsuki to be sexual tension frenemies until the end

I was thinking back on that post when I watched that scene go down. I will agree that I'd rather it doesn't become true because it would feel like a real cop out.

I just caught up with the 16th episode. I was hyped for the show at first and I remember rating it 9/10 on myanimelist after watching just 4 or 5 episodes, but now I am feeling disappointed. I didn't really like the Plot Twist about the Life Fibers. I will still continue watching the series to see how it ends and to also see more of the Elite Four, whom I like a lot.

Ok ok, so I guess everyone grasped the whole creationism vs evolution thing that was going on but I was thinking about that glorious bath section and it seems awfully like a baptism if you exclude some of the touchy feely jam that was going on. Idk if I'd go as far as to say this is evidence that they plan to pull the good ol' "but she's adopted" card with Satsuki to condone Ragyo's slightly-closer-than-family affection; it's more likely that it's more like a rite of passage, or that Ragyo didn't fully accept Satsuki as her daughter/heir until after she had proven herself with the conquest.

I dunno if there's any deeper significance than that but it was pretty cool that they'd bother adding depth through imagery and subtext which is really something you don't see much in anime today.

Well it's clear the bath scene means a lot of different things to different people. I hope they give some backstory on Ragyo as a mother when Satsuki was still a child to help clear some things up. I imagine she was tougher than Satsuki is now considering Satsuki was a tyrant since childhood.

I haven't been following this series but there's one thing about it that keeps tingling my curiosity: does the Honnouji connection ever go beyond the name reference?

My knowledge from the series is mostly from gifs and comments I happen to glance but I can say Gamagoori is my favorite character given he's basically the combination between Basara's Hideyoshi and Persona's Shadow Kanji.

Also, because they freak me out a lot:
tumblr_n0amzbLiTB1qb7nn9o1_1280.jpg

Carry on. m(_ _)m

EDIT: dunno if you ladies and gentlemen are familiar with it by now or not, but here's a interesting (if old) article about symbolism in the show: http://art-eater.com/2013/11/kill-la-kill-the-fashion-of-fascism/
(I know the site from the Dragon's Crown articles.)

Last edited:
Reactions: CapnWTF
We're not quite far enough in to know if they'll complete the reference yet. If it does go through with it in some way (and I think there's a good likelihood that it will) then I can see them taking advantage of the unfound remains thing.

Reactions: Balder
i always thought of it as Satsuki just being a secret nerd
"I'll name the school Honnoji so I can be a real Honno-G like the OG Nobunaga"

For the entire time the reveals were happening during that last episode, all I could think of was Eva.
Especially in regards to Senketsu being created from the original Life Fiber to fight against other "children" of the Life Fiber, almost exactly like the Eva units.
Moreover, the huge hall of Kamui reminded me a little too uncomfortably of the Rei tank in Eva.
EDIT: Also, every scene where Ragyo gropes Satsuki reminded me of that scene between Gendo and Rei in EoE. You know, the one where his hand is SWALLOWED into her breast. I'm glad to see that Satsuki is at least a little hesitant to submit to her mother's demands, though.
I can definitely see the Chrono Trigger angle, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
Ragyo is 20? but how Is Satsuki in highschool?

Pretty good episode
They have explained everything a bit too early maybe, but I suppose now it's just all about destroying COVERS and that's the end of the show.

Best recap episode I've ever seen, the new opening is alright, I like the original better, as well as the first ending more.

Aliens, incest, and everyone getting naked, things are a far cry from the start of the series.

Nui popping up as the pilot was amusing, she's a master of disguise, after this episode I can kind of see the theory of her being a Life Fiber doll, though that wouldn't explain why she didn't fix her eye.

I don't however think this episode means they're heading into space ala Gurren Lagann just because the life fibers turned out to aliens, all battles will take place on Earth is my prediction.

Didn't notice this before
EwzyKpa.jpg

I suppose this means the sister theory is false.
Ehhh, Satsuki has a similar one in the OP. I'm guessing it's just symbolism

One thing I did notice in the new opening is that Junketsu has like 18 eyes...anybody else see that?
And maybe the reason Nui hasn't repaired her eye is because it was taken by a weapon DESIGNED to steal life fibers? Maybe she can't grow it back.