• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

Ken Lobb hates Gargos and Eydol both. If either makes it expect them to not be as gimmicky and overpowered as they were.
Oh he didnt like gargos either? I thought he only hated eyedol. I assumed they were focusing on gargos as the big baddie since hes mentioned all throughout the game lol

Also i wasnt expecting him to be overpowered, just redesigned to look awesome than generic gargoyle

It's not like Gargos isn't gonna be playable
Eyedol is the only character whose return is actually kinda up in the air

It's not like Gargos isn't gonna be playable
Eyedol is the only character whose return is actually kinda up in the air

Eyedol kinda sucked honestly

With how much they change characters here I don't think whether they sucked or not before is much of a factor.

As someone who learned about Killer Instinct around a year before they announced the newest one I REALLY disliked most of the designs in the game, and I'm astonished just how well they managed to salvage them. :P

With how much they change characters here I don't think whether they sucked or not before is much of a factor.

As someone who learned about Killer Instinct around a year before they announced the newest one I REALLY disliked most of the designs in the game, and I'm astonished just how well they managed to salvage them. :P
i'm kinda in the same boat, but i learned about ki some months ago only.

So i have no expectations of the new cast, i just want to get the game and play orchid.

Knew about KI for a while, never quite liked it, the redesigns are good though, but I still don't ever see myself playing KI
The megacombos, how it's online-centered, as well as how smart you need to be for the Combo Breakers is too much for an impatient loser like me.

I like the original in an almost pure nostalgic fashion. It was always popular at the arcades, and at my local arcade (RIP) "Cuh-Cuh-Cuh-Combo Breaker" was literally the first thing you'd hear when you walked in.

So does anyone own Killer instinct? I've been playing it and I'm having a blast with it. I'm hoping to get some training partners so I can stop doing ranked match XP

I think there are a lot of people here waiting for the PC version.

I think there are a lot of people here waiting for the PC version.
Of course, whatever you buy now carries over to the PC version so if there's a sale it'd be worth jumping on.

Reactions: No longer exist
I am loving Hisako. She is my main XP

Her wrath meter stuff and her combos are really fun. Just gotta get used to not having a good walk speed

I am loving Hisako. She is my main XP

Her wrath meter stuff and her combos are really fun. Just gotta get used to not having a good walk speed

While i don't have KI yet, i must say, i understand this feeling, i play makoto in SF, and from what i know, Hisako has way more tools than makoto to deal with the slow walk speed

While i don't have KI yet, i must say, i understand this feeling, i play makoto in SF, and from what i know, Hisako has way more tools than makoto to deal with the slow walk speed

Yeah she really does. Her s.mp and c.mp have extremely good range to poke with. Her air on ryo zan is a really good pressure tool especially if you TK it. Her dash is incredibly fast and low profiles most high attacks.

The main issues with her is that ground on ryo zan is really her only good opener and getting knocked down is the worst thing that can happen to her.

KI (season one) is now free for gold members, I just started to try it out.

So how does one beat the tutorial #16? The wall bounce stuff has no demonstration and my attempts at combos just keep dropping.

I'd like to at least get by the damn tutorial before actually learning the game.

As a PC gamer, I'm busy consuming all KI news with anticipation... of which there has been a disgustingly small amount.

As a PC gamer, I'm busy consuming all KI news with anticipation... of which there has been a disgustingly small amount.
I'm not even planning on ever playing KI even when it comes to PC But I'm unnerved by the lack of news.
Even Maxmillian isn't weaving his webs of theories and thoughts.
What's going on man?
I hardly believe this will be out by March, and even if it is, it'll only have Rash and Kim Who the fuck cares.

wait can't you only play KI on Pc with Windows 10?

that keeps sticking in my brain for some reason. unless it's untrue. then damn you brain for making me think incorrect stuff!

Yeah, you literally can't play it (Or Gigantic) unless you got Windows 10.
Not too bad but why? What year is it? When was the last time you needed a specific OS to play a game?
I mean I hold nothing against Windows 10 but that's so weird.

Yeah, you literally can't play it (Or Gigantic) unless you got Windows 10.
Not too bad but why? What year is it? When was the last time you needed a specific OS to play a game?
I mean I hold nothing against Windows 10 but that's so weird.
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT NOISE.

I am not changing my os from 7 to 10.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT NOISE.

I am not changing my os from 7 to 10.
Don't worry, you're not alone.
I don't plan to upgrade to Windows 10 either.
I'm willing to compromise with Microsoft though
No questions asked, when I get a laptop later this year THAT can have Windows 10 and I'm sure Microsoft will leave me alone.

Don't worry, you're not alone.
I don't plan to upgrade to Windows 10 either.
I'm willing to compromise with Microsoft though
No questions asked, when I get a laptop later this year THAT can have Windows 10 and I'm sure Microsoft will leave me alone.
uhg i have a windows 8 laptop that i modded to be just like windows 7. but wouldn't you know it? it updated to 8.1 in my sleep and now my PS3 controller drivers don't work so I GUESS I HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 7 and loose the 10 point touch screen feature. uhg...

uhg i have a windows 8 laptop that i modded to be just like windows 7. but wouldn't you know it? it updated to 8.1 in my sleep and now my PS3 controller drivers don't work so I GUESS I HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 7 and loose the 10 point touch screen feature. uhg...
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter I'm sorry for your loss.
But yeah, doing no upgrading, so I feel you. I usually never upgrade anyway,

Yeah it's win10 only. I am mostly a linux user outside of gaming, so having to upgrade didn't bother me too badly. I do think MS is making a big Win10 push what with it being free to upgrade for the first year. I have a feeling that support is going to drop off very, very quickly and an OS without support is an OS begging to be hacked.

I don't wanna get off topic about WIndows 10 tbh.
It's alright but yeah, push is weird and I don't quite want it on THIS computer.

But, getting back on topic, we haven't had much news for weeks, we don't even have Kim Woo's model yet.
Maybe they're gettnig the rest of the guest characters?

Haha, sadly the Win10 conversation is the most love this thread has seen in a while :P

But you're right, back on topic! I love the KI character design. Hisako is sick!

You might want to look into a Windows 10 on a virtual box type setup at least if you don't want to upgrade directly. Gonna take a hit on your performance depending on your rig.

Reactions: Jutsei
Regarding KI news, apparently we are supposed to be getting news this month.

Reactions: Aden
after working through the tutorial a bit more, i figured out certain lessons are impossible with the new "combo helper" setting on.

so i got to tutorial #32 and summarily quit once I saw a bunch of combos that i can't figure out how to do at all.

ugh. tutorials shouldn't be difficult. that's what challenge modes are for.

I hope they make Tusk not a blatant Conan the Barbarian rip-off this time.
this time, make him more blatant.

Reactions: Spencer
this time, make him more blatant.

Seconded. In fact, if they just change his name to Conan... I'd be fine with it.

Reading the cmoments on that SRK article, what's wrong/broken about TJ, or why do people hate him?

Also is Rash getting a stage? Rash should get a stage.

Reading the cmoments on that SRK article, what's wrong/broken about TJ, or why do people hate him?

Also is Rash getting a stage? Rash should get a stage.
Got me, I don't pay attention to comments sections most of the time. The ratio of rational talk to irrational is never worth the time.

I said it months ago.
I'll fucking say it again
Rash's stage needs to be the Turbo Tunnels.
With a Stage Ultra involving the balls or something.
Terror Tube Duckies or bust.

Reactions: Jutsei