• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

for some reason he reminds me of the english voice of the Human Torch from that french Fantastic 4 cartoon.

It would be the type of character that Yuri Low would voice.

Also hello Murakumo Unit.

Deadpool on fire and Gundam Lady confirmed

So Cinder releases today and with that is his theme which Mick Gordon put up on his YouTube.
11159524_829128260474815_7073848894408076925_n.jpg

Reactions: KaboomKid
Db8THIB.png

Looks like they took some inspiration from another game :P

Long story short, there was an announcement that there'd be a community drive: People can buy Shadow Jago's costume in a bundle, and the total of $100k getting reached meant pot bonuses for KI tourney and Shadow Jago would be de-cloned and made his own character

Well, the goal was reached in 3 days, so there's a $50k pot bonus for KI at EVO AND non-clone Shadow Jago is confirmed at some point!
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...00000-goal-just-72-hours-shadow-jago-his-way/

<I know it's Event Hubs, but just roll with it>

eh... kinda... yeah. They don't do damage on contact and you have to remote detonate them to do damage other wise they'll go away. And if you get hit they disappear. but yeah they work real good at making the opponent scared when these things are out and sticking on the opponent because at midscreen they are great zoning and mini lock down.

also since you can do detonation in the air you can cross up the opponent with the flame balls if you want to be extra tricky.

Man, I was surprised that their 100,000 goal was met so fast. If only SG could have such luck (Everyone buy tons of SG for everyone)

We kind of already did have that kind of luck. We raised 150k in under 24 hours to finish an unfinished character so if anything we had better luck. Best part is we didn't have a cap either.

Stick to people, or ground, not air. But i think the idea is similar.

ARIA_cncpt.jpg

ARIA

The final character of S2, the enigmatic CEO of Utlratech, ARIA finally makes her appearance!

Story snippet:

ARIA began life as a simulation of… life. Utilizing radically new processing technologies and other technological insight gleaned from a government incident in 1947, the Ultrafine Atomic Technologies Company (founded in 1948) performed research into the simulation of life and human frailty within a computational matrix. The core program ARIA was born of the desire to uplift the human race; to end disease, famine, poverty and push humanity out of what was seen as the primordial muck and mire it wallowed in. This work took on greater and greater meaning for its founder, industrialist Ryat Adams, as his wife was dying of a degenerative disease and he desperately sought a cure for her condition.

Over time, Ryat and the UATC continued to refine and enhance its ARIA humanity simulation program, assigning it more and more complex simulations of the human condition as its capabilities continued to grow and more tech from the government source was understood and exploited. Years passed, and when Ryat finally died, his will included instructions to continually allow ARIA to run her programming as she searched for the solutions to human frailties.

…what happened from here? Story mode for the S2 cast arrives in June!

All the info about Aria: http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/textual-stream-5815-aria-concept-mechanics-and-more/

that's literally a Machina from Xenoblade

wait, if ultra tech had a super AI that is by all terms alive. Then why are they bothering with making Fulgore, Cinder, and Riptor? Also PORTAL much Aria? I mean really. come on. All she needs now is a taunt line asking where the cake is.

What they have in common.

a company made back in the early 1940's with highly advanced science/ research check

a super computer made to help humanity and science check

a dying woman's mind was implanted into the Ai making it go crazy over a period of time making her want to kill everyone around her. (let's admit it the Ryat guy shoves his dying wife in there it's too obvious.) Checkaroni

Last edited:
Her gameplay style reminds me somewhat of what Adam's concept is, except you can switch between each "soldier" on the fly, and each one has unique traits and specials. I think somebody at IG is taking notice of your ideas Mike.

eh... on paper this seems to be an interesting character and how she can be very risk/reward and having to switch between her different modes. but... eh... it might come off as... messy in game.

Sounds more like she's got Mahvel's assist-based mechanics crammed into a single character space.

Sounds to me like a playable boss done well.

what has me really worried is the health thing really. The assists yeah sound like a crammed item on her. But the health might be a tricky thing because no were in the announcement did they state that her health was any different just that each section of her was broken up into threes. so she has the same health as the rest of the cast. And since you only have to smack each drone down once to end the match, Aria's fight is far more up hill. Punishing the assists will damage them so throwing them out is high risk and has the possibility of getting into a double combo were Aria point and her assist drone get caught in a combo resulting in a semi possible death of two drone forms of her. Also now that i think about it this iron galaxy's way of making a character have the MKX three different "variants" all in the character at once. That's why I feel a little uneasy about this. Like a sandwich that has too much stuff inside of it and it could spill out if you hold it just a tad too hard.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Soooo, Hisako's and Cinder's retro costumes have been revealed, and they look...well, they look metal as fuck <pop as fuck, in Hisako's case>

Spoilered for size
RetroCinder.png
BoneRetroCinder.png
PremiumRetroCinder.png

HisakoBayliss1.png

HisakoBayliss2.png

PopRetroHisako.png
MetalRetroHisako.png
AnimalRetroHisako.png

In other news, ARIA will be shown in-game for the first time at Combo Breaker, because of course they'd wait for C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

Reactions: North888
In case you missed it, here's the ARIA demo at Combo Breaker

Aaand some player matches with her

alrighty let's see how this bot is going play.
okay she looks alright...
her stage look nice too

she has amazing kicks and her drone specials are good, like blade mode's dp is going to be kinda the main thing that most players will play with in close pokes.
her booster dash special is kinda like beo's wulf tackle so corner combos is going to be a major thing there.
bass is keep away is good but sorta unsafe sorta like robo fortune's lasors best when used from afar.
ah you can't juggle the assists. that will make her last a tad longer in battles. But you can still hit both the drone and the main body at the same time which is still good.

and then i found out why she had transformer colours, her instinct fuses all of her drones onto her and she gets a mini projectile tracker drone. So in instinct she has all of her specials from her drones and all of their enders. and her instinct when she is in bass form with no other drones is going to be extremely good. having less drones in instinct gives out another mini tracker drone up to 3 so if she is in bass with the projectiles + the mini drones she will be able to do some heavy duty keep away.

That life bar is reaaally cluttered thouuugh.

Aria gameplay is literaly a Skullgirls 3vs1 match set up!
Think about it:

0) You have 3 characters (drons). You can call assist. Assist can be caught. If assist dead, you have 2 characters (drons).
1) You have 3 different characters (forms). Each fighter has unique gameplay (Aria gets new moves/playstyle depending of dron in use).
2) Solo fighter si stronger then duo or trio (Aria hp is splitted between drons, so each her variation has 3 times less hp then opponent).
3) Your main char do not recover hp. You need to tag out if you want to heal (drons share same mechanics).
4) You can DHC into next character (Aria can switch forms during combo-ender hit).

Aria is a Skullgirls island in Killer Instinct. She is so cool. Look at her hips and walking! Freaking Dominatrix robot chick. I wonna touch her so bad..

Do you know how soon KI will be ported to PC? What do you think about UltraTech CEO?

Well all those examples of how Aria is Skull Girls can be told to any other team fighter game, like MvC2. Not really a direct comparison. Also PC port? heh not any time soon.

Well all those examples of how Aria is Skull Girls can be told to any other team fighter game, like MvC2. Not really a direct comparison. Also PC port? heh not any time soon.
Why not? KI is not MvC game. It has strict 1vs1 action.
In 2014 there was a rumor/official statement that KI can receive a PC version.