• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

King of Fighters - General

about as mature as making a max font size rant in an unrelated thread about an issue that won't affect this game at all
a max font size that I put in a spoiler that nobody had to open, said rant being that I had to explain myself, not over the issue of the changes.

you call us babies, but the only baby I see here is the guy getting mad over a difference of opinion on whether or not art books should be altered or not.

Is Mian wearing glasses in part of her concept art? Cute.

That seems to be part of her casual outfit
wonder if we'll get to see it in their arcade ending or something.

the article does bring up a conundrum.

the collectors edition says it's a 144 page artbook, but the one shown on Siliconera says it's a 120 page artbook.

like, are there gonna be two art books or was that a mistake?

Maybe they're just bad at numbers. I mean, the series went from the 99th insalment to number 0. Now we're 14? Someone must be bad with numbers somewhere :P

in an unrelated thread
Not that I agree with him, but I assumed it was because Atlus USA was publishing this.

Not that I agree with him, but I assumed it was because Atlus USA was publishing this.
nah, it was more of just the fact that I know some people really don't care about changes in games regardless of what they are for localization, but as someone who does care about the context, changing art books is, IMO, going too far.

Bravely Second and TMS's art book changes were unnecessary IMO(and I don't want to go into why art books should just be translated and nothing else) but I guess what do I know since I'm a huge baby who can explain why I don't like it and that apparently gets people upset and begin name calling like how adults should act? fuck me, I guess.

Interesting tidbit. The art from these pages perfectly matches the art from this particular leak.

maxresdefault.jpg

Certainly wouldn't be the first time a KoF14 leak was correct, though.

I'm just just curious why these aren't promotional art. They look better than the renders they've got, that's for sure

b7958045b1564892bb837c87cf7a9be0.png

Quarter circle forward.... four times.

I like KOF a bunch but these commands are so ridiculous. Like I'm not even good at the qcb+hcf motions. I'm glad pretzel motions are dead.

236 times 4 was also in kof 13

Doesn't change the fact that it's the most obnoxious motion I've seen in a modern fighter.

dude you have like 8 fuckin years to input Saika during Ya Otome

it's ez

Cmpl1puUcAAefqy.jpg:large

Cmr_ZK4UkAEuAhI.jpg:large

Kula: "I'm angry! I will freeze you!"

Last edited:
is that the spanish translation or what Kula actually says in that scene in the story mode?
it kinda makes it hard to tell since she is in Mexico and talking to a Mexican.

Costumes...Has KoF in any of their games done costumes for their character as DLC?

Nope. Since, up until now, all the games have been sprite-based.

I hope we get classic costumes for characters like Iori and Leona.

I mean, Kyo has his classic.

And in KoF 13, some characters got alternate sprites/head swaps.

I want Angel to super me now even more.

ooooh that's a spicy Ramon
loving his new look

The star of this trailer is actually that stage theme

Team Mexico is probably gonna be one of the few times I'll play canon team.

Besides K Team.

The star of this trailer is actually that stage theme
I just wanna inject this fuckin OST into my veins, man

it can't come soon enough

I need that new Esaka in me now.
the hype, it's so hot.
in fact, I dare say it's
BURNING ON THE INSIDE!

• King of Dinosaurs – The tyrannosaur-man is known as the King of Dinosaurs and he’s ready to lead Team Mexico to fame and glory. To be honest, not much is known about the mysterious KOD, but we do know he’s a professional wrestler with a mysterious past, who’s fighting in the tournament for a personal matter. Seriously though, when you’re dressed like a dinosaur, is backstory really all that important? All you need to know is that he's literally a giant man in a dinosaur costume who bites, claws, and tosses his opponents around like a rag doll

I was facepalming at Angel stuffing the opponent's face in between her breasts and nuzzling it as part of her cinematic super. Both for the fact she did it and that you know some players will be uploading screenshots of her doing it to either herself or the other female characters.

You say that but

King of Dinosaurs is here to save the day

I was facepalming at Angel stuffing the opponent's face in between her breasts and nuzzling it as part of her cinematic super. Both for the fact she did it and that you know some players will be uploading screenshots of her doing it to either herself or the other female characters.
there's nothing in this comment I can find for anyone to be getting upset over.

It was a "you gotta be kidding me" facepalm to be honest.

i more dislike her Climax DM due to it being just a bunch of snapcuts of her attacking

i've never really been a fan of attacks like that, tbh
just seems lazy more than anything

The game looks fun as heck but,
I wounder if there are going to be any game altering changes to the fighting since it's moving from 2-D to 3-D (Say like making the physics less like Street Fighter and more like Tekken)