• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

King of Fighters - General

you fuckin' putzes, they're in an aquarium. so the proper situation would be:

"Ay, Gang-Il, what's up?"
"Not much, just checkin' out these bitchin Manta Rays"

Sylvie is weird but shes fun as hell to play.

Anyone know wth is up with Nelson? He feels like a slower version of the other boxers we've had so far. With a command grab, pretty ass dash, and specials that seem to only hit when in the opponent's face...I can't get behind him at all. Feels like he shoulda had Shun's air dash at least.

He needs shen woo to teach him how to be a reliable puncher

CoNxa1pVYAAqjAa.jpg:large

CoQJBF3UMAAI3St.jpg:large

CoSaDNfUIAAIvd2.jpg:large

CoV8dtKUsAAcN7z.jpg:large

CoYTWMMVMAAyBBp.jpg:large

CoamrpnVUAApFdN.jpg:large

Coc11rxUsAAyidw.jpg:orig

CoiIfAXVMAErFFT.jpg:large

CovGpZ1UsAEXK6w.jpg:large

CoxeTHPVUAQBGx2.jpg:large

Co0IooWUAAAGdAb.jpg:large

Co21fipVIAAiWWB.jpg:large

Co5WxPzUMAA1Cnj.jpg:large

Team Psycho Solider team trailer

Last edited:
GET MAD HYPE BOYS!
CLARK AND LEONA LOOK SO GOOD! I NEED TO PLAY THEM NOW!

Ralf ripped a page from Tager's book, but that HSDM is looking cool!

I am so fuckin' sick of being treated like an idiot over not liking Ash Crimson.
I'm sorry I don't like a character whose basic story placement is a fuckin' mess, that I'm constantly told he's the hero of his saga yet doesn't do anything all that heroic. like, look at any game or other form of media where Ash Crimson is involved. He's basically just an antagonist. Hell, in KoF Another Day, he starts a fire in New South Town, and in KoF13, the hero team of that game is filled with people who want to kick his ass. Like, I'm sorry I don't like being told why a character is so cool and likable but a huge jerk, when Kyo and K' are much better protagonists. as far as I'm concerned, Elisabeth is the hero character of KoF 11 and 13. I'm so sick of people wanting him back when he's so terrible, solely because the people who like him are loud and obnoxious. Fuck Ash Crimson.

the person who should have been the hero during that saga should have benn either Elisabeth, or Adelheid.

because Adelheid is criminally underused, it's so unfair.

Adel would be useful if he got bitchslapped by Rugal... He's too mild

Adel would be useful if he got bitchslapped by Rugal... He's too mild
How dare you? Adel is amazing. He's super honorable and respectful to his opponents. He loved his sister and immediately calls Heidern when he sees something is up. He's the coolest character under-utilized. He was in concept hell since 98 and it sucks that we might not see him again.

How dare you? Adel is amazing. He's super honorable and respectful to his opponents. He loved his sister and immediately calls Heidern when he sees something is up. He's the coolest character under-utilized. He was in concept hell since 98 and it sucks that we might not see him again.
Exactly:

TOO honorable
TOO respectful
TOO Siscon
TOO Eager to call the man that could've killed his father instead of trying to solve anything with his own hands.

The kid needs some backbone

Exactly:

TOO honorable
TOO respectful
TOO Siscon
TOO Eager to call the man that could've killed his father instead of trying to solve anything with his own hands.

The kid needs some backbone
oh no, a character who is not like their father but retains their fighting style? and they ally themselves with the guy who killed their father? what a shitty character!
rock_howard_by_kamiomutsu-d71rcxr.jpg
his entire character is meant to be an honorable Rugal. he only wishes to continue the tradition of combat for KoF (like Antonov is doing! imagine that). he respects Heidern because Heidern's men BEAT him. it's what seperates him from Rugal. Rugal loved the violence and was doing it all for Orochi. Adel doesn't have the obsessions of his father and chooses honorable combat for the motivation of The King of Fighters tournament. hell, in HIS ending in KoF11, his sister is talking shit about the comtestants and Adel is like "NO! they all fought their hardest. that is more than enough to earn my respect. I shall not have you sully their efforts with petty insults"

I love Adelheid because he is too honorable. he goes so far you can't help but respect a guy like that. and again, he loses to Heidern's team, the group of badasses who get shit done. also, Heidern was also a victim of Rugal, so the feelings are mutual.

AND TO TOP THIS OFF, Heidern didn't partake in killing Rugal. Kyo's team did.

Last edited:
Still overly polite and with lack of a personal motivation. Most fighter are "honorable" and still have some spirit, motivation and independence on them. Adel would need much more screen time and a personal objective to shine (also, rock has more personality, and entered the fray with a better family issue to sort in Garou)

Rock's a victim of the patriarchy I tells ya

I'm not shitting on Rock Howard. I shit on him because I think he's overrated but I personally don't think he's bad at all. I just like Adel more because in this game series of people constantly talking smack to one another, and at a time when our only protagonist after Kyo and K' was a fucking prick, Adel was more than welcome in my eyes. He's a cool character who is like and yet unlike his father, I like that. I like him for the potential he has and yet I feel he's so criminally underused. Like,KoF13 would have been a perfect time for him to try and start some shit. Forcing every combatant to drop out because he's actively beating them and putting a stop to the tournament. But nope. Ash Crimson story and all. Like, I love the scene in the story where he's talking to his sister about why she's doing the tournament and you can actively see him losing his shot. He doesn't know what's going on and he knows something is up with his sister. I really hope this new KoF era can let his potential shine more. And keep the Move set alive because genocide cutter is sick.

And before you go telling me that Rock needs to be playable more, Rock has been playable in 4 fuckin' games. Adelheid has only been playable in 2. And no, KoF13 doesn't count because he's just in cut scenes.

Last edited:
The theory his fighting style revolves around covering his fists in gunpowder and punching so fast the friction with the air ignites it suddenly sounds more credible. Look at the state of these gloves!

its better than Woolie's theory of Ralph punching you with grenades.
especially since it's super wrong because the Ikari team's grenade in KoF13 are fake.
check the pre-fight dialogue of Kyo vs Clark.

Last edited:
Ralf is a stand user

or it's a video game and you shouldn't question it

Team Trailer: Team Another World

• Nakoruru: Technically, this isn’t the Samurai Showdown heroine’s first The King of Fighters tournament. She appeared in the Game Boy version of The King of Fighters ‘95, and had a non-playable cameo in The King of Fighters 2000. She is a Maiden of Light that uses the Dancing Sword Arts of the Shikanna-Kamui fighting style and has a pet hawk, Mamahanha, that helps her in battle.

• Mui Mui: Mui Mui hails from the Dragon Gal Pachinko games. She uses kung fu to help Nakoruru and Love Heart chase down an otherworldly being who will be headed to the tournament.

• Love Heart: Love Heart is a Sky Love Pachinko series pirate captain who regularly fights against the Skull Pirates, first to avenge her father’s death and later to protect the world from villainous powers. She’s a sword fighter who’s lending her abilities to aid her team.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/1...oruru-mui-mui-love-heart/#dM2Qrx8J6rLeoAAp.99

Last edited:
Game has broken street date in Peru. Alex Jebailey says the online feels great.

NYC and Mexico also got the game early and any early video might be removed by SNK, Atlus and Deep Silver.

A Friendly reminder from Yasuyuki Oda and Atlus USA...

We have received notices from concerned fans,
that certain distributors / retail have been
breaking our 8/23 street date in North and Latin America.

For the sake of all our SNK / KOF fans,
for those who have been able to purchase copies beforehand,
please think of others before leaking spoilers regarding KOF XIV
before 8/23. Thank you for your kind consideration and support of SNK.

Burn to Fight!

I guess it's super hard to read "DO NOT SELL BEFORE STREET DATE" on KOFXIV shipments. If u got an early copy, plz don't spoil it for others.

Team stories are now up!
https://t.co/4kbxhc9j0x

Last edited:
Dang I didn't expect them to recast Terry
at least Goose is still Kong

Cp5xbsMVIAE8cNa.jpg:large
I can respect a woman who enters a tournament with a sword she bought from Party City.

Team Women Fighters
ALSO
Team K'
SNK, you're spoiling us!