• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

King of Fighters - General

ahh, everybody's favorite really weird main character grappler is back.

I love the original Hero/Japan team.

CiN584iXEAEK8Qp.jpg:large

CiF0fgTU4AEDPcX.jpg:large

CiJHSTKVEAEvmCO.jpg:large

So bright!

CiLXl0oU4AIgLrE.jpg:large

ChvL5eIU4AAuGOR.jpg:large

ChxwCCgUkAAmAXb.jpg:large

They got Mamahaha perfectly

Ch-47EnVAAEB8Qk.jpg:large

CiBD5ZwVIAEJaUi.jpg:large

CiD-Hu0UkAAj6QT.jpg:large

CiTbkAMUoAAe9D2.jpg:large

ovYqUQi.gif

Possible European release date.

Combo Breaker will have the latest demo at May 27- 29
http://combobreaker.org/

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
Y'know, I've come to realize I really dislike the South America team, but I absolutely adore the Mexico team.

BIBA MEHICO!

Last edited:
I really wanna see more of the game so badly. Like, I need to see more of my boy K'.

And also more of everyone on team Mexico.

mrw someone says they don't like South America
jdLl2B0.jpg

Y'know I think I cried tears of joy when I saw the screenshots, weird model of Mai aside. As long as it's still the KoF I've come to love, I'd play it.

Also mfw I found out the game is PS4 exclusive. (I could be wrong here, but all sources I looked at said so)

tumblr_m70s62NkeQ1rqe99yo1_500.jpg

mrw someone says they don't like South America
jdLl2B0.jpg

I mean, kind of a late response but, okay.
I mean, a team of Sean and Laura from Street Fighter teaming up with Kofi Kingston doing some Naruto theme for the New Day is cool.
I just like a team consisting of:
a cool grappler who has good taste in women and is also based on Tiger Mask,
a cool grappler named Tizoc going through a crazy dinosaur phase,
and a cool lady who is stronger than both Tizoc AND Maxima, and also does the people's elbow.

Last edited:
i mean you got me there on Ramon
compared to him, the lady we've seen Bandeiras admire is pretty garbage

well, he doesn't really admire her.
more like he geeks out over.

Ramon actually gives Vanessa gifts and stuff.
which she turns down because she's gotta think about her kids.

Team Saxophone trailer, with a new stage. Mature looks great.

more like, "team Iori and the 2/3rds of the Shen Wu Love Triad"

I still love Iori's new look. and now that Ash has been rightfully erased from existence, Iori has his flames back.
hooray.

also, real talk, I love Mature's
sliiiiide to the left
sliiiiide to the right!

its actually a throwback to a stage in KoF95, which was the first KoF game Iori was in.

man who the heck is Shen. I don't know any KoF characters like that :y

you shouldn't pair your OCs with established characters, man, it's tacky :y

she really likes the smell of her new moisturizer, man

man who the heck is Shen. I don't know any KoF characters like that :y

you shouldn't pair your OCs with established characters, man, it's tacky :y
you say that but KoF13 has Shen Wu in a love triangle with Vice and Mature.

one of them he's like:
Spike+spiegel+man+has+taste_891699_5214756.jpg

and the other likes him because he can kick her ass.

also, only Ash got erased.
not Shen or Duo Lon

Last edited:
no [REDACTED] means no involvement for either of them in the tournaments, mang
you can't say Elisabeth brought them either since she only entered to deal with [REDACTED]

as far as we know, the only characters that 2003 introduced were Tizoc, Malin, and Gatou

no [REDACTED] means no involvement for either of them in the tournaments, mang
you can't say Elisabeth brought them either since she only entered to deal with [REDACTED]

as far as we know, the only characters that 2003 introduced were Tizoc, Malin, and Gatou
I'm gonna have to argue against that since it has actually happened in canon, while other redacted characters have just been removed outright.

it's unlike K9999, who is actively redacted and outright replaced with Nameless.

plus, you bring forth a paradox because in order to be erased from KoF existence, he had to do it himself. if he's redacted, then that means he never erased himself from existence in order to be redacted. there's a difference between getting killed off harder than anyone else and the creators pretending they never existed.

so, regardless of how much you dislike Falcoon, Shen Wu does exist. and Shen Wu is one of the few things I like from that era.

Uh should I be this confused?

Also that outfit on Mature is adorable.

I'm not sayin' Shen wouldn't exist, I'm saying that he wouldn't have been involved in KoF, since his actual impetus for joining no longer exists.

Not to mention, [REDACTED] did totally paradox himself by erasing his ancestor from history. No ancestor, no him.
So, Shen would totes still exist, but he wouldn't actually know anyone that he didn't know before the events of 2003, like Chin.
Ergo, the dumb stuff with Vice and Mature got totes retconned too

I'm not sayin' Shen wouldn't exist, I'm saying that he wouldn't have been involved in KoF, since his actual impetus for joining no longer exists.

Not to mention, [REDACTED] did totally paradox himself by erasing his ancestor from history. No ancestor, no him.
So, Shen would totes still exist, but he wouldn't actually know anyone that he didn't know before the events of 2003, like Chin.
Ergo, the dumb stuff with Vice and Mature got totes retconned too
yes, but the canon ending of KoF 13 clearly shows that even though Ash ceased to exist, the effects were still there, hence Shen and Duo Lon sticking around at the stadium. they clearly made a promise to be there, they just can't remember why.

they removed the cause but not the effect. which I kinda like better than completely altering history, because then we don't have to either have reality fall apart or new continuity and it's more like gaps were filled as soon as they were made.

also, the Shen Wu love triad is basically just pre-battle dialogue, and until we know what the canon tourney tree was, we can neither confirm nor deny that they fought each other in the tournament. I just thought Shen Wu and the Yagami ladies was a nice little touch and endnote for the character in case he didn't come back.

which I hope he does, since Shen is literlly just a man who punches really hard, his super is punching really hard, and his neo max is just raising his fist to the sky. that's pretty much rivaling K' giving you the thumbs down for massive damage.

I still want team Elizabeth back even if only in a dream match. I liked Shen and Elizabeth quite a bit, especially since I heavily disliked the Ryo of 13 since they cut a bunch of his moves.

So my friend showed me a gameplay trailer that I believe was posted here awhile ago (hence why I'm not reposting it). In the trailer it shows the roster with a separate line on the botton for ???. And next to it are three blank slots. Wonder who's gonna be dlc. They got tons to choose from. As much as I love em I'm not holding my breath for any of my missing mains from 2002.

They said there's no plans for DLC. The bottom of the CSS is for Random, Team Random, Antonov, and the Final Boss

Still, some classic team dlc would be nice.

I think we can all agree that American Sports team and team Elisabeth would be sweet.

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lets just replace Brian Battler with Vanessa. Then we can super sports team.

Just slap a big beefy shoulder pad on Vanessa

you know what? forget everything. just give me a team of Shen Wu, Heavy D, and Vanessa. call it team We Want to Punch You

Last edited:
I still want team Elizabeth back even if only in a dream match. I liked Shen and Elizabeth quite a bit, especially since I heavily disliked the Ryo of 13 since they cut a bunch of his moves.

So my friend showed me a gameplay trailer that I believe was posted here awhile ago (hence why I'm not reposting it). In the trailer it shows the roster with a separate line on the botton for ???. And next to it are three blank slots. Wonder who's gonna be dlc. They got tons to choose from. As much as I love em I'm not holding my breath for any of my missing mains from 2002.

Your in luck if it's real.

New stages for KOFXIV and KOFXIIIUM (Unbreakable Match) for PS4

Take it like a grain of salt until a an OK from SNK.

https://twitter.com/SnDDev2

CjGh6OnVEAAxnz3.jpg:large

K's CDM!

Nice effects.
DOA3 character models and clunky-as-heck animation.
Has nothing to do with gameplay though! :^P

Has nothing to do with gameplay though! :^P
Are you planning on trying it at CB?

Are you planning on trying it at CB?
Oh, I forgot that was a thing!
I'd like to see if Clark has armor grab still, and they brought back Angel which is pretty exciting for me, but I'm not sure how I feel about it generally. I'll give it a whirl if I have time.

Reactions: gluemchen