• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Konami/Console Updates you will want to read

I registered after I read the article on SRK, then read all six pages of this thread. I do not agree at all with the tactics Konami employed in regards to Skullgirls, but it seems Mike Z and the crew at Lab Zero are working around the bullshit that's been set in front of them. As an Indiegogo supporter (and also someone who has bought the game on PSN), I wish Lab Zero the best possible outcome from all this nonsense.

Reactions: SkullMan and Dime
I know the situation applies to more than just Ravidrath, but here's a pic I found a long time ago that's very fitting now:

ravidrathbs2.jpg

the thing we need to remember is that like many companies, Konami has many branches that take care of various things. You can't blame the company as a whole for something like this. For all we know, the guys behind this business decision are just a very small portion of the work force.

This bares repeating for short sighted people such as myself that just want to see the world (or konami in this case) burn.

You are completely right that we can't blame all of konami for this... It indeed can be an isolated inhouse incident.

Forgive me if I change my personal feelings from "konami can burn" to "those mofos messing with my sg can burn"

... I have issues with holding grudges.

Still, tell me: if this happens, it is because someone to enough power to represent the company and make decisions using its name right?
How can you show this kind of people they're doing it wrong if you haven't their names, only the name of the company, and they acted using the name of such company? Storm konami's HQ, torture some managers to get the name of the idiot who did it and then kill him? find a hacker to steal the infor from their servers and then pay some bitcoins for a hit? kinda overboard and too expensive. Let them think they did the right thing and repeat the same stupidity over and over and over? doesn't look like a solution.

The only way a consumer can show a company if they're doing it right or wrong is with their wallets. it's dumb and it'll have some innocents caught in the crossfire, but is there ANY other solution?

let's stop it before it go too offtopic. seriously

The solution isn't anything as creative as torture... Unfortunately.

Obvious though it is, the other solution of using your wallet doesn't really do anything either unless it's a mass effort... Ten people not buying a product won't do much.

However... As always the squeakiest wheel gets the oil. The "solution" is to write/email konami and let them know how you feel (in an adult way... No 4 letter words) that you think that whoever handled this situation in their company, handled it unprofessionally and that you as a consumer no longer want to buy their products if their business continues to support this type behavior either through negligence, or through actual support.

Telling people how you feel always goes farther than simply being mad.

It's just that being mad generally feels better :)

I gave up on SG 360 almost immediately after I bought it. With this news, seems like it'll get worse before it gets better. If a free update comes out for people who purchased it, I'll stay and see if the console (360) community picks up. If it doesn't I'll stick to SSF4. Either way,I wish you the best Mike.

I gave up on SG 360 almost immediately after I bought it. With this news, seems like it'll get worse before it gets better. If a free update comes out for people who purchased it, I'll stay and see if the console (360) community picks up. If it doesn't I'll stick to SSF4. Either way,I wish you the best Mike.

The balance updates are free, and Squigly will be free for the first three months after she comes out. There's no "if", only "when".

This seems more of a blessing in disguise, albeit a pain in the ass to cram the patch together in such little time. Lab Zero reminds me of Jeff Goldblums speech in Jurassic Park. View that scene and replace the word "life" with "Lab Zero"

Reactions: Viro Veteruscy
this isnt the worst thing that could happen, and isnt the worst i thought, thanks god you guys still own the game
just let you know, we are behind you and we will keeping support the best team/game
broken english FTW

To everyone saying not to take out your anger on konami as a whole, i say why not? Labzero as a whole had to suffer due to the bs between Autumn and Konami. and are still suffering due to konami's recent scumbaggery, are they not? i say turn about is fair play. cancel the preorders for MGS5, Lords of Shadow 2 and lay off everyone at konami. Two wrongs dont make a right, but two negatives make a positive.

To everyone saying not to take out your anger on konami as a whole, i say why not? Labzero as a whole had to suffer due to the bs between Autumn and Konami. and are still suffering due to konami's recent scumbaggery, are they not? i say turn about is fair play. cancel the preorders for MGS5, Lords of Shadow 2 and lay off everyone at konami. Two wrongs dont make a right, but two negatives make a positive.

Kinda ironic that your name is bezerk fury lol. Yeah what konami did with def jam rapstar was completely retarded, but it will only make us look worse than them if we attack them.

As long as the console versions are safe for the time Eliza is done I'm ok.

But LabZero really has bad luck with publishers, I fell sorry for them.

yes. lets make EVERYONE suffer for what a small team did. if one must suffer, everyone must suffer. let's not be reasonable adults and instead be Social Justice Warriors. if they arent for us, they want their name to be driven into the ground and demonized! Why send a well thought and reasonable letter explaining the situation when we can make their stocks plummet because of something they could have rectified! such wonderful logic this is!
1366252438094.gif

Reactions: No longer exist
When you've got Sano tellin' you to be a reasonable adult...

Reactions: Denizen
So now that the most recent version for steam is finalized, are we in the clear, is that it? You just have to send it in to Microsoft/Sony to check, right?
*applause* YEAH GOOD JOB GUYS YOU STOMPED THEM BUGS! ...and Konami...

the thing we need to remember is that like many companies, Konami has many branches that take care of various things. You can't blame the company as a whole for something like this. For all we know, the guys behind this business decision are just a very small portion of the work force.
Ahhh yes! This so hard! I play this logic card any time someone claims they're going to boycott something. Then I get a keyboard full of ad hominem BS and they stop reading anything I have to say. If you "boycott" a large company (ugh even the word itself looks and sounds pretentious), you hurt the little guys that had nothing to do with the decision that is not in your favor, and the big wigs that did just laugh at your petty attempt, if they notice at all.

EDIT: How does my spell check not know "ad hominem" but suggests "Eminem" as a correction!?

Question: I was really hoping to purchase Skullgirls sometime around the holidays for the PSN. Would it be better to go ahead and buy it now before it gets taken down, or is it going to be back up sometime soon?

Question: I was really hoping to purchase Skullgirls sometime around the holidays for the PSN. Would it be better to go ahead and buy it now before it gets taken down, or is it going to be back up sometime soon?
I would say buy it now, especially since Sony said we shouldnt have to buy it twice, but, I dont know how legal stuff goes, so I dont know. hopefully mike can be on sometime and answer himself. he knows more than anybody.

Ahhh yes! This so hard! I play this logic card any time someone claims they're going to boycott something. Then I get a keyboard full of ad hominem BS and they stop reading anything I have to say. If you "boycott" a large company (ugh even the word itself looks and sounds pretentious), you hurt the little guys that had nothing to do with the decision that is not in your favor, and the big wigs that did just laugh at your petty attempt, if they notice at all.

EDIT: How does my spell check not know "ad hominem" but suggests "Eminem" as a correction!?
I just see that mentality as "oh no, my apple tree produced a rotten apple... CHOP DOWN THE WHOLE FUCKIN' TREE!" and therefore, very close-minded and stupid.

I think he would argue that the whole tree has been dropping rotten apples for some time, so it's best to remove it before it infects others in the orchard.

EDIT: Not agreeing or disagreeing with the sentiment, though.

I think he would argue that the whole tree has been dropping rotten apples for some time, so it's best to remove it before it infects others in the orchard.

EDIT: Not agreeing or disagreeing with the sentiment, though.
yeah but we're not talking about majesco on this thread!
jim-carrey-laugh-o.gif

Personally, I would say that if you aren't in a huge hurry to get it, save the money for now and grab it once the new version appears, which would be by January at the latest. While I'm sure Sony can sort it out so that people who have bought the game now can get the new version for free, buying the current version with Konami's name attached to it means that a portion of the sales still goes to Konami, and given what's transpired I'm not sure that's such a hot idea.

Also just to be clear I'm not saying anything for or against a general boycott of Konami, but in this particular case, if they really want to nuke the PSN listing of Skullgirls and not receive any more benefits of its sales then, well, I guess we should let them.

Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
The ground below it is dying.

Nintendo's case is that it mutated and transformed into a watermelon tree. While most enjoy them when they are ready to go, some people keep missing and putting their mouth into the dirt around the tree.

These analogies are getting pretty terrible, guys.

Reactions: PureYeti
Nintendo's case is that it mutated and transformed into a watermelon tree. While most enjoy them when they are ready to go, some people keep missing and putting their mouth into the dirt around the tree.
Wat.

Wat.
You know... some people just refuse to like Nintendo or anything they do, and keep whining that something isn't in one of their games.

lets just get back to talkin' about the patch.... please?

Pretty sure it depends on if they were able to do the other stuff they needed to do (Get the new Communication ID, re-setup leaderboards and trophies and fix the IP whitelisting issue with Autumn). If they were able to do the other stuff they needed to do, then they might've submitted already.

i hope! im a console player and havent had decent practice with my painwheel or bella in months

hey I got a Beta update, does that mean the issue is over with?

hey I got a Beta update, does that mean the issue is over with?

The beta always gonna get updates first because they need to be tested, uh.

Btw now Skullgirls its gonna be called SG Encore, yay!