• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lenny makes DHC supers unreactable

zeknife

Reaction score
Steam
zeknife
Parasoul Squigly Big Band
I think this is common knowledge so I will refrain from including a video or whatever
This used to be even more dumb and worked with probably every common reversal super, but most common use cases are slightly less ridiculous due to the current beta experiment on reversal supers

Lenny xx 360 (Both Cerebella and Fukua) is still reliable unjumpable though, if it being simply blockable is the intention here

I think it's pretty messed up that Peacock, who allegedly has poor reversal options as an intended weakness, gets access to invincible unreactable reversals that often lead into Massive Damage, even if the beta experiment makes them at least blockable if you aren't doing anything (I do doubt this will make much of a difference here)

I'm pretty sure no other super behaves like this, so it sure seems like an inconsistency, on top of being pretty damn questionable.

Reactions: agent13
You can do the same thing with any super that has hitstop that either doesn't hit or is canceled before it hits. Do Big Band's air super and cancel to showstopper, Squigly's sing super, and many others. You can even do it with Big Band's SSJ point blank if you cancel fast enough. I think it'd be quicker to list the supers it doesn't work with than the ones it does. You can also do Squigly charged sing xx grave digger xx showstopper and be unjumpable the whole way through.

I personally don't see the problem with Peacock blowing two meters for 5k (6k if they fall on the bomb, which doesn't happen if Peacock's back is to the corner).

Last edited:
Then I guess the question is why does lenny have hitstop

So Peacock has the option to do a 2 bar unsafe super and actually hit something ever, rather than just being forced to drop the stick once someone lands a hit on her?

Reactions: Flotilla
Gotta have a professional opinion on this
Forgot to add this important thing in the original post! @Mike_Z

I think it's pretty messed up that Peacock, who allegedly has poor reversal options as an intended weakness, gets access to invincible unreactable reversals that often lead into Massive Damage
Oh, that's a good point, that is a powerful option to have, isn't it. Maybe I should... use this, ever

If you want my opinion you can sorta infer it by the fact that this is still there and a while ago I lowered the damage that Lenny->Showstopper does from Lenny hitting afterward.

I think it's pretty messed up that Peacock, who allegedly has poor reversal options as an intended weakness, gets access to invincible unreactable reversals that often lead into Massive Damage, even if the beta experiment makes them at least blockable if you aren't doing anything (I do doubt this will make much of a difference here)
It'd be pretty easy to make sure Lenny has no hitstop if she has undizzy showing.

I'm pretty sure no other super behaves like this, so it sure seems like an inconsistency, on top of being pretty damn questionable.
As previously mentioned by other people, any other super with hitstop behaves like this, you just have to be faster in most cases. Daisy Pusher, air Gregor, anything. The exceptions are Catheads, Bikes, and Install.

As not previously mentioned by other people:
- Peacock does not get access to invincible unreactable reversals, it's the next character on the team that does. Solo Peacock does not have this, Peacock+Filia/Peacock+Band/etc do not have this...in much the same way that a team without Double second can't make any super safe just by DHCing into Catheads, it's a team specific gimmick.
- It's two bars. DHC into Catheads or Install is two bars. Or in Fukua's case it's FIVE bars, and I pretty much don't have a problem with some janky stuff costing 5 bars.
- It requires getting Peacock out, which might not be a good idea, and getting Cerebella/Fukua in, which might also not be a good idea.
- It actually gives Peacock a scary something when you're in close, if you have a specific team and order and extra resources. A something which can be dodged just by being in the air or avoided by resetting her in the air. It doesn't beat jump + assist, but then again she already doesn't have anything that beats that.
- Lenny's not an amazing super to throw out by itself, being unsafe and not an immediate attack, so if you commit to this you have very little choice but to continue/get Peacock hit/get CE or FU hit/DHC through to a 3rd character if you have one, when you notice during the flash they are going to not get hit.

Pretty much the only argument I can see being mounted against it is that you need to think about jumping a possible command grab when you're ground-resetting a Peacock with two or five bars on two (one, really) very specific teams.

...that's a pretty good definition of "gimmick", actually. :^)

Very well, thanks for clarifying on your reasoning.
You do seem to have thought this through a bit

Very well, thanks for clarifying on your reasoning.
You do seem to have thought this through a bit
I have indeed! Lenny->Showstopper used to do like 8.5k.