• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

lockout assist time

craziewun

Reaction score
PSN
craziewun
Ms. Fortune Squigly Eliza
I kno imma get flamed since ppl love their assist but I think the game would be better if they were locked out for 2-3 seconds. I kno this game is assist heavy but hitting an assist n the lockout time being short is not a real punishment and usually will get the assist back especially on a 3 mam team. I dunno jus my opinion about that itll make less mash assist n people will use assist a little better. Pretty sure everyone is going to disagree if this even gets read. I have an opinion on pushblock but I dont really think its possible since pushblocking a multihit and actually have them move away from you instead of constant pressure n pushblock is worthless for attacks such as valentines mp tho it would jus lead mash pbgc supers so it really wouldnt solve anything but switching who has the advantage. So I dunno bout that but the assist time I think might work well.

I kno imma get flamed since ppl love their assist but I think the game would be better if they were locked out for 2-3 seconds. I kno this game is assist heavy but hitting an assist n the lockout time being short is not a real punishment and usually will get the assist back especially on a 3 mam team. I dunno jus my opinion about that itll make less mash assist n people will use assist a little better. Pretty sure everyone is going to disagree if this even gets read. I have an opinion on pushblock but I dont really think its possible since pushblocking a multihit and actually have them move away from you instead of constant pressure n pushblock is worthless for attacks such as valentines mp tho it would jus lead mash pbgc supers so it really wouldnt solve anything but switching who has the advantage. So I dunno bout that but the assist time I think might work well.
I suggested this forever ago, Mike was nice enough to put it in.

It's in.

Unless troll then 10/10 the grammar got me.

I personally believe that invincible frames for assists is pretty ridiculous. It takes away a lot from the game and just ends up being a battle of assists in A LOT of matches. I mean honestly, why would you choose anything else besides (for example) Napalm Pillar for Parasoul? Maybe the lock out time would be a good idea as it makes people think before throwing out an assist. As for push blocking, I understand not pushing the person for multi-hits as that would defeat the purpose of having a lock down assist. Push blocking fails a lot of the time (especially vs Painwheels) because of lag I believe. Forget about pbgc reliantly during online play. Most of the time you just fail and end up getting punished for attempting it.

It is? Really on pc or on all consoles. Cuz it really feels too quick especially when fighting pressure types or zoners not saying the window isnt there it just isnt for all characters since they move at different speeds and thanks for noticing grammar that really was the focus of this post.. hold on let me change the title

y'all just need to play more

high level play doesn't really have an assist battle it's still a game of wits (for the most part)

as for assists coming in and out assist cooldown varies on how long an assist comes or goes like big band for example takes much longer to leave than filia does startup recovery and all that also go into account

Last edited:
i think you need to hit the assist first (?)

yeah just hit the assist with anything and they get locked for a few seconds.
snap the point out and they get locked out as well
you can also snap the assist and they get locked out for even longerrr(I think lol)

What the fuck am I reading lol.

Try and organize your thoughts in Microsoft Word or something before you pour them out here.
Use the 'Enter' key too, to space out lines and different ideas.

Okay anyways,
If your problem is the lockout assist time you have to hit the assist first or else they get to call it right away.
You can hit it with anything though it can be 2LK or 5LP.

Things you can do to punish people 'Spamming' assists:
  • Do double snap combos on them until they try and contest you.
  • Counter call with your own assist for massive counter hit damage. (LnLH is great)
  • Throw them, the assist attack will pass through you.
  • Hit them high or where they are not blocking so their assist doesn't activate.
  • Do double snaps if you catch both of them in the corner.
Counter calling with your own assist is a really easy and important punish for people with bad assist calls.
Just trying calling LnL H vs Peacock + Brass H team, it shreds like 20% of Big Bands health on counter hit.
It's great.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
Now snapbacks r good n all but when assists have full invincibility n still beat out snap backs or even when assists like cerecopter or hornetbomber still win then what. Yea I kno prolly gonna say bait it or something right but there really isnt a bait when you fight characters like peacock who shoot endless while sending out assists n since snapbacks dont have full immunity but moves like updo does whats your advice. Not every character is built to get passed certains characters like the top tier ones

assists still have recovery that you can hit them in

assists still have recovery that you can hit them in
I think that assists are fully invulnerable during their taunts in Marvel 3, which may be where the confusion is coming from? It sounds like craziewun believes that assists need to be hit during the move that they're performing.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Now snapbacks r good n all but when assists have full invincibility n still beat out snap backs

Yea I kno prolly gonna say bait it or something right but there really isnt a bait

but moves like updo does whats your advice.
Assists, even invincible ones. Have 3F vulnerable start up.

Also if Peacock is shooting shit don't snap back just counter call.
Did you read anything I posted earlier?!

"no but like the assist is too spam and invincible kill destroy."

Only invincible until the first active frame too.

As soon as you see an assist just dp, it's because around that point they leave a gap open