• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

low FPS on steam version

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiNGi

I've been playing Skullgirls for few weeks now on PC, and recently I realized the game isn't exactly supposed to run 30-40fps. I tried to fix this by lowering the settings (2d backgrounds, full screen, disabling aero from windows etc.) but at best I'm still getting 40fps in netplay and offline matches. Yesterday after new steam build update the game somehow started to run with full 60fps with maxed settings for the whole day, until I rebooted the pc (for some reason my keyboard multimedia buttons weren't functioning until reboot, no idea if it's related). After that the frame rate went back to choppy 30-40fps. I'm playing the game on a machine that should easily run Skullgirls (intel dualcore 2.9ghz processor, 4gb ddr2 ram, HD5770 gpu, windows 7 ultimate), but something is hindering the frame rate. For record I reinstalled windows today, updated all drivers and killed all unnecessary processes with no effect to the frame rate. If anyone has some kind of idea what could cause this, I would gladly hear it.

This turned out to be a hardware failure... GPU performance had dropped because of overheating. More dust cleaning and keeping track of temps from now on.

This turned out to be a hardware failure... GPU performance had dropped because of overheating. More dust cleaning and keeping track of temps from now on.
Might as well check the thermal paste on the GPU. If it's more than a couple of years old, you might need to replace the paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back