• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report MADCATZ To Stream Skullgirls From EVO 2014

Listen guys, we have every right to be upset, but I feel like insulting Madkatz will not help much, even though they've done a shitey job of keeping a concise schedule.

Sigh... welp I'm off to visit your mother MadCatz, Ta.

Also Japan won the Tekken match three matches before America got to like 12, you just kept swapping the names to different sides every other match confusing the crap out of everyone.

good thing I play pad, If I ever change to stick I can assure you all it won't be by Madcatz, I had Homework for classes that I was gonna do after the stream well now I got to rush and do it now. . . ughh

An explanation from Madcatz for this incident would be nice.

I thought MarkMan is a buisness man. I thought someone like himself could organize things. Shouldn't these kind of thing be thought through before giving an answer? I call favoring! #FGCIlluminati

Woah, I take an accidental nap and the SGC goes child-tier. Madcatz is still cool. This is not how we treat people. Thanks for the vid @infected melon

Reactions: VinceX
Please get that banner off the thread. It doesn't do justice after the crap they pulled today.

Someone book me a flight to EVO next year so I can fucking punch out stupid over delays for Skullgirls.
I'll join you, this is completely intolerable.

Reactions: pivottester
Well I'd be in denial if I weren't honestly a little pissed myself ^^;....also that musics kinda bugging the hell outta me.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Someone book me a flight to EVO next year so I can fucking punch out stupid over delays for Skullgirls.
I'm with you on that
alex-shirtrip.gif

I'm all for calling out bullshit but this is just a -tad- disrespectful. Even if it is IS madcatz. That's all I'm saying. Show a bit of grace, just a -little-.

Reactions: Kankato and VinceX
Guys only another hour until we get to watch one match...chill out. No reason to Overreact.

Reactions: VinceX and gllt
Woah, I take an accidental nap and the SGC goes child-tier. Madcatz is still cool. This is not how we treat people. Thanks for the vid @infected melon

I mean,
this is how capitilism works.
If the consumer isn't satisfied with a company or how the company runs its proceedings, it's the consumer's job to stop supporting the company.
And Madcatz just shafted a portion of the consumer-ship, so it makes absolute sense for said consumer-ship to stop supporting them.

And really there's no excuse for this, Tekken's already gotten so much stream time and the fact that a tournament game is going to have its stream limited to top 4 for an EXHIBITION MATCH

is

ridiculous.

I'm all for calling out bullshit but this is just a -tad- disrespectful. Even if it is IS madcatz. That's all I'm saying. Show a bit of grace, just a -little-.
Listen, I can take stream delays, I really can.
But when it's over an hour and a half fucking long for an expedition match that has no business on stream, ESPECIALLY when I have to fucking work around timezones, I get fucking upset.

And I'm totally with that. This is bullshit. But posting to threaten to fly to EVO and punch people is uh.. I'm scared to talk to some of you now.

And I'm totally with that. This is bullshit. But posting to threaten to fly to EVO and punch people is uh.. I'm scared to talk to some of you now.
Don't be scared unless you're a fucking incompetent piece of shit who can't switch to the scheduled program.

Reactions: Denizen and gllt
yeah that is pretty dumb tbh guys...assault is kind of no joke.

I actually had a friend in the tournament and I wanted to watch it...and now I can't cause he got eliminated :/

I think people are upset for the following reasons:

*Over an hour and a half delay for a exhibition match that was pretty much nothing but a hyped casual set.
*Not only that, the game ALREADY had main-stage coverage and pools coverage yesterday.
*Now an official cash prize side tournament is pre-emptied as if it was insignificant.
*2 hours of dubstep filler.

If I had a table I could flip its topside would be making out with the ground.

Welcome to the Internet, dude. =/

Honestly I can handle fact they'll show them at 4 instead...it's just rude to me when something promised isn't delivered more or less if something promised without a quick response and apology and leaving those viewers hanging....well that kinda just seems like a lazy middle finger iono something like that to me....

Reactions: gllt
Dude I was showing plenty of grace when it was announced that Skullgirls got delayed. Slightly annoyed, but still I was like "okay, it'll probably be like 10 minutes or something." Then half an hour passed. Then an hour passed. Then I found out that it was merely an exhibition match that was being streamed. Then it was announced that we were only getting to see the top 4 instead of the expected top 16. Now I'm mad, a lot of us are mad, and we have every reason to be mad.

I just don't want us to get a bad rap for not handling this better, that's all. Because we are better than this. The SGC is amazing.

EDIT: For the record, this doesn't mean kiss anyone's ass. Fuck them. But let's maintain our composure and not go overboard.

Reactions: VinceX
I am never giving MadCatz my money when I buy a stick.

surprise it won't cause lolmadcatz

SG better get it's own hour long expedition matches.

Who would even play that long? I know Sonic Fox has to be exhausted for what he had to go through during Injustice.

BTW, CONGRATS SONICFOX!!!

skullgirls better be a main event for evo 2015 after this

I just think people are overreacting because they are bit angry at the moment which is fairly understandable at this point given who little we got from they originally said they were going to stream and what was streamed in it's place was an overly long exhibition.

Reactions: Lunerstep and gllt
Who would even play that long? I know Sonic Fox has to be exhausted for what he had to go through during Injustice.
I dunno, just have matches.
I just want something a little more then top 4.

I just don't want us to get a bad rap for not handling this better, that's all. Because we are better than this. The SGC is amazing.

EDIT: For the record, this doesn't mean kiss anyone's ass. Fuck them. But let's maintain our composure and not go overboard.
It's a natural reaction to be overwhelmed by anger. I see what you mean but I don't see why you expected better, I mean we're all human here.
Personally the only thing that bugged me was the people who attacked tekken, but thankfully that was few and far between- in fact they were a good 5x as many tekken players shitting on SG than vice versa so if anyone neutral was reading that then the tekken fanbase probably looked really bad.

I mean I personally think that tekken is the madden of fighting games. Same game every year will very little deviation. But hey at least it looks pretty. But that's none of my bidness.