• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Main Menu Navigation Hiccup on Japanese PS3

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
I have a Japanese PS3, but an EU version of Encore. By default, all Japanese consoles use O as 'Accept' and X as 'Cancel.

'O' to Accept and 'X' to Cancel is the default way to navigate every menu in the game, except the root title screen menu. On the title screen menu (Training, Single Player, Extras, etc) I have to use 'X' to select options.

I've tested both my EU and JP Vanilla Skullgirls copies - neither of them have this issue. It seems to be something that has leaked into Encore.

And just because that might be a little confusingly worded, here's a walk through:

1) I start up the game and get to the title screen with Press Any Button. I press any button. Everything is okay.

2) I am now on the main menu. I can select any option, but I have to use the X button. I enter Training.

3) I am now in the Training sub menu. Now to select anything I have to use the O button. To cancel out of the menu I have to use X.

All other menus in the game function like step 3, which is the default setting for every other part of the JP PS3. It's just the main title screen menu that requires the use of X to accept.