• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

It's just frustrating trying to talk in any non-Skullgirls game thread on these forums, since any actual gameplay discussion is drowned out by people talking about what their favorite fatality is or w/e.

It's Reptile's, thanks for asking!

MvC2 is one of the best fighting games ever made and it has the worst fighting game stages EVER. Where do you wanna play, desolate desert or goofy ass clown head? Other versus games have great stages but when the most prolific game in the series has a stage simply titled "river" it doesn't matter nearly as much as you think it does.

If this is gonna be casual non-gameplay chat, we should talk about music, because it's about time we went back to smooth jazz I think

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Peck
Allegedly, the guy who leaked MVCI before PSE in the first place says the next character to be revealed will be "Villainous", and he also said, "Props to the Animation Team"
What character is villainous and would be hard to animate?
First immediate thought is a Darkstalkers character, specifically Lord Raptor and Pyron (due to the fire)
But Pyron is kinda a jobber, althought I could see him fitting into the story
Robbie Rotten.

It's 100% Robbie Rotten.

Robbie Rotten is a Sega villain, you jabroni

Sigma Ultron With PPAP as a theme song

I looked up the HvH Cards since apparently that be another hint, the only characters on here that might remotely be hard to animate are Lord Raptor, Anakaris, and Dr. Wily (Because robots)

Wasn't he leak confirmed fake by maximillian?

His name is Ryce on Neogaf. Eventhubs reported this villain-related leak yesterday and apparently he got in trouble for it.

Good to know Eventhubs can fuck things up for people without trying
It took you this long to find this up?

They've been fucking up the FGC unintentionally for years.

could be worse
you could be the guy who thought
tumblr_inline_ojac1tpaE31svg1vl_540.png

was clever
Just wanted to point out that this was the same guy who made Captain America a nazi.

We don't like that guy.

Reactions: DukeMagus
desolate desert

Nothing wrong with that. And the Clocktower stage is rad.

I like a lot of the stages in concept, it's just the mishmash of different sprite resolutions and 3d that stops it from being complete. It's charming in its own patched together way, however (much like the engine itself).

Just wanted to point out that this was the same guy who made Captain America a nazi.

We don't like that guy.
Hasn't the Nazi Cap arc been pretty good, though?

We don't like that guy.
Obviously he just wanted to make people understand the idea of safe spaces by making images that cause you actual physical pain if you look at them

the funny thing is that Nick Spencer has a tendency to also rip the piss out of right-wingers as well

so after the bombshells I'm assuming he's just some dumbo libertarian weenie

Or a troll spreading manure using one of the most expensive and beloved nerd franchises.

Some people just get the great power and forget the rest of the spidey's mantra

Give me Shuma or give me unending torment at the appendages of an outer god.

Reactions: Jutsei
Dr. Strange's movie was fairly big, so both Shuma and Dormammu seem like they got a good chance, right?

Amingo confirmed yet?
amingo-guitar.gif

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
I unironically want Amingo back so bad

Reactions: Ruin
it'll be revealed that X will be replaced by the most Nintendo exclusive Mega Man around: .EXE

Hey man .exe is cool....

Rip my childhood Q_Q

Hey man .exe is cool....

Rip my childhood Q_Q
I've already said I want this guy on the roster. Zero's had enough time in the sun.
Hub would be awesome too, of course... I just have a harder time imagining exactly what they'd decide to pull from all the options he has. I think that SuperVulcan is a required super for him, though.

Bass.Exe is also an unironic choice of mine.
He has to have this attack.
13-EarlyBirdBass022.png

And it has to be a max-level super, otherwise they won't give it the authentic level of power.

It has to look better, too. This pose sucks.

honestly, on the marvel side of things, I'd like to see Laura-Wolverine and Old Man Logan over X-23 and normal Wolverine

once they get around to adding Mutants and such

If nothing else, they would make excellent alt costumes

another thing: while most of you are probably burnt out on Capcom's costume practices lately, I personally would love if they gave us more than just the one set of costumes

There's no Battle Network game in the near future, i doubt a NetNavi will appear. Same with Volnutt (pity).

I think they'll go overkill with the DLCs and add Star Wars characters. It's all under Disney's roof anyway. If they get greedy with cross promotion, a char to hype the incredibles 2 (ugh) could happen too

Chrono X is amazing. I'm with ya there.

Lord, it's been two months since we got news on MVCI, I'm starving for new information.

Anyway, people sorta joked about "Welcome to the Family, Son" guy from RE7 being in the game, but Jesus, I kinda wouldn't mind him (Jack Baker) if he was DLC later, from the 1-3 hours of RE7 I've seen (Before I tapped out before I got too spoiled), he is so charming and scary, think he'd be a very fun addition
Our very own @Goodbye18000 even made a mock theme for him

Lord, it's been two months since we got news on MVCI, I'm starving for new information.

Anyway, people sorta joked about "Welcome to the Family, Son" guy from RE7 being in the game, but Jesus, I kinda wouldn't mind him (Jack Baker) if he was DLC later, from the 1-3 hours of RE7 I've seen (Before I tapped out before I got too spoiled), he is so charming and scary, think he'd be a very fun addition
Our very own @Goodbye18000 even made a mock theme for him

The only RE7 character I would like is his girlfriend/wife (?) I havent seen almost anything about the game (so no spoilers pls) but I know something about creepy zappa like posession with her and I want that as playable, possessed characters are so cool.

Also not gonna lie I still want monster form Alex Wesker from RE Revelations 2 cuz that would be so creepy and cool, the perfect replacement for a mix of modok, nemesis, etc
creepy, big, technological, and awesome.

Reactions: Jutsei
If we're talking RE Representation, I know RE7 is very unlikely to be in the base game, especially since it JUST came out, but as DLC it might stand a chance, but who knows?
I think the most likely representation we're getting is RE 5-6 (Chris, Leon, maybe Jake? ), or RE 2/RE 4 (Leon, Ada, Mr. X/William Birkin), with RE 2 being far more likely due to REmake 2 being in development

But some characters from Revelations 2 are also possible, good suggestion

Reactions: Era
If we're talking RE Representation, I know RE7 is very unlikely to be in the base game, especially since it JUST came out, but as DLC it might stand a chance, but who knows?
I think the most likely representation we're getting is RE 5-6 (Chris, Leon, maybe Jake? ), or RE 2/RE 4 (Leon, Ada, Mr. X/William Birkin), with RE 2 being far more likely due to REmake 2 being in development

But some characters from Revelations 2 are also possible, good suggestion
I would love a Claire who plays sorta like chris with some variation and then Moira as her striker >u<

but I know something about creepy zappa like posession
I think the go to would actually be Evil Dead. Especially since the game clearly apes Evil Dead REALLY hard. Texas Chainsaw too.

Reactions: Era and Jutsei