• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mashing inputs causes sound delay

hellohello123123

Yo, I got some sorta bug here, well not necessarily a bug just something thats probably caused by GGPO.

So basically, when you're playing online, be it lobby or versus, if youre playing against a person that has the right ping (dont know the exact range) you can tell by the sound delay that and when they are mashing. This means you can basically tell with some people whether your burst bait will work or not.

Since none of the people I asked about this knew about it, I didnt bother searching for an already existing thread, so I apologize if there is such a thread and mods can delete this post.

Here's a video demonstration showcasing what I am talking about, listen to the hitsounds during the combos. First combo is without mashing, second is with mashing. (You'll probably want to turn up the volume)

I dont know whether this is something that is fixable or even needs fixing, since none of the people I asked knew about it. Makes for some easy baits though :^)

Special thanks to SpaceCadetteKeon!

Back