• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since Evo is squeezing the cash out of its attendees extra hard this year, it looks like Combo Breaker would be the better value for me during a year where money is tight.

I'll see if it's in the cards.

Looks like CB might be bringing the live cereal and keychains experience to top 8 after all!

Reactions: ElkyDori
Looks like CB might be bringing the live cereal and keychains experience to top 8 after all!

Does this mean you and Elky are gonna be commentating? Because that's not a bad thing at all.

Okay, in for SG and SSB4 (because why not, I have it). Hopefully there will be friendlies for GGXrd and P4AU (and BBCP and MBAACC), but I can't practice them so I see little point in registering for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
Will anyone else be around on the Wednesday? I gotta book my flights soon and I'd rather have an extra night in the US to deal with jetlag, but if no one else will be there I'll just fly over on the Thursday instead.

I would have imagine most people wouldn't get there till thursday night at the earliest. Some Chicago people might be up to hang but it's not exactly around where people live/normally hang out, at least the SG people.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Alright, my registration is in! To all of you fellow Chicago natives, are you planning on staying in the hotel or commuting from where you live? From where I am it'd be a really easy commute on the L, though maybe a little long, but that's not a big deal. Mainly, with the center being open 24/7, I wasn't sure if trying to do the hotel thing would be worth it or not considering I know literally zero people at this moment who will be going. Thought I'd get some opinions.

Alright, my registration is in! To all of you fellow Chicago natives, are you planning on staying in the hotel or commuting from where you live? From where I am it'd be a really easy commute on the L, though maybe a little long, but that's not a big deal. Mainly, with the center being open 24/7, I wasn't sure if trying to do the hotel thing would be worth it or not considering I know literally zero people at this moment who will be going. Thought I'd get some opinions.
Staying there will give you a lot of opportunities to hang out and get to know people. If you've got the means, I'd say go for it.

If you live on some combination of the blue and red line (I believe those are the only ones that run 24 hours) than it could work, but basically having a curfew to line up with the L schedule would definitely be a bummer. Hanging out late is a lot of fun, and should be even more this year with the venue open 24 hours.

Looking at it again, the schedule for UFGTX last year ended at 1 or 2 AM last year for some games (1AM for SG). The schedule for this year isn't announced but I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar. Not sure if you'd be able to guarantee getting home on every line at that point.

And about not knowing anyone, don't be shy about using the room sharing thread to cut down on the cost. Everyone is pretty nice.

I probably won't be arriving till Friday, so no go from me. I'm gonna see if I can reserve a hotel room until Monday so I should have a room open.

Hey guys,

Since I opened registration the Skullgirls community has been the most active, and now internationally represented, group of registrants for this event. Skullgirls is often a side stage game due to their attendance numbers, yet for Combo Breaker the community is making a truly noticeable effort to make this event a priority. Skullgirls alone currently has players registered from 3 countries, including the United Kingdom and Canada.

To show that interest the appreciation and respect I feel it deserves, Skullgirls will see their finals broadcast from Main Stage at Combo Breaker 2015. I appreciate the love your community is showing our event, it is not unnoticed.

I don't have enough overall event registration information to announce when that finals will take place, but it will not be in a 9AM or 1AM kind of situation. It will also be on our primary broadcast and not a secondary feed.

Hope this helps everyone convince their friends to come. G'luck to all the players.

I'm still waiting on my time off approval before I register, but now I need to push even harder to get the time off

Planning to register for SG and Ultimax
See you guys in the finals there

Friendly reminder that sleep is not allowed

I'm gonna reeeeeeally try my hardest to go, since it's actually possible for me now.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I will be registering shortly, I have to just pay a few bills and make some deposits first. M E G A B U S B O Y S. If anyone thats taking the bus has Animal Crossing Wild World still please bring that, I want to get Nookingtons and visit towns.

Good think I suck so I won't have to be on the main stage during finals. I'd probably freak out and drop every combo.... so basically only slightly worse than normal.

He literally posted his tweets as a post 11 posts above yours. It's not even on a different page

Reactions: Kai and mcpeanuts
oh boy my first tournament! and only 3 hours away! im driving from Grand Rapids if anyone needs a ride.
Oh boy, I get to punch you in person for some thing you probably did!

He literally posted his tweets as a post 11 posts above yours. It's not even on a different page

chill. I thought it was breaking news and i wasn't following the thread.

Reactions: erkicman
Expedia's good if you want to fly straight into O'Hare. If you're willing to take the train from Midway in order to check your bags for free, fly Southwest.

Attention Canadians: if somebody brings me Kraft Dinner/Kinder Surprise eggs, you will be handsomely rewarded (I'll give you cash). Its been too long ~~~

Expedia's good if you want to fly straight into O'Hare. If you're willing to take the train from Midway in order to check your bags for free, fly Southwest.
Actually, Midway was available too, but since AFAIK Southwest doesn't fly international from Canada, I'm stuck with Air Canada.
Carry-on luggage ho!

Attention Canadians: if somebody brings me Kraft Dinner/Kinder Surprise eggs, you will be handsomely rewarded (I'll give you cash). Its been too long ~~~
Kraft Dinner doesn't exist in the States? That's news to me.

Attention Canadians: you should totally bring that stuff, but make him sing Rush songs in payment

Status
Not open for further replies.