• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

If it's like last year, any station not in use is open for free play. Just hop on or call next.
Even if that game isn't Skullgirls?

at MK stations they may throw you down a spike filled pit if you're not careful.

One last question, I'm using a PS3 stick for the Skullgirls tournament. Does this mean that I have to bring my own Dual Shock 4 controller (as I understand you need to have one in order for the legacy controller to work), or will one be present on the floor?

One last question, I'm using a PS3 stick for the Skullgirls tournament. Does this mean that I have to bring my own Dual Shock 4 controller (as I understand you need to have one in order for the legacy controller to work), or will one be present on the floor?
You can connect it directly to PS4 SG, no need for a pad to connect your stick. The Lab Zero staff is amazing yes

Reactions: Shadowfury333
You do not need a ds4 for legacy controllers in sg. it should work natively as long as your in game

We're so close!
Oh shit, really?

What do we look like, SFV? SG drivers work the way they're supposed to. Just plug in and play.

Reactions: Dhoppler
With on site registration, hopefully

What was the last record?

We're so close!
Also, cause I was looking around for the sources on past tournament numbers, I found this:
We had just over 100 in 2012, and just over 200 in 2013 including on-site entrants.
So, even if 2014 was 160~, it looks like 2013 was 200~? idk how accurate anything is cause I don't have the brackets, I can't find 'em.

EVO 2013 was over 200, if I remember. That was right after the fundraising drive to add an extra game at EVO (which I think Injustice got?), so everybody had come out of the woodwork.

EVO 2013 was over 200, if I remember. That was right after the fundraising drive to add an extra game at EVO (which I think Injustice got?), so everybody had come out of the woodwork.
SSBM got it, then Injustice was added afterwards for reasons unrelated to the fundraising drive.

Reactions: Kai

Ah, drat. Was going off the 160 number. Still, CB's got an amazing SG bracket compared to last year or any other tourney in recent memory. So I'm excited.

Quick, everyone double queue! Let's get the entrants to 360
That would make for a rough tournament... The ultimate mirror match, you must defeat yourself.

Today we are a headline game at Combobreaker. Next year we will be a headline game at Evo. Move over Marvel.
sZky70K.gif

That would be easy I know all my own tendencies so I would body myself free
but then who would win; the good or bad peanuts

Neither. It was Dio all along.

Reactions: acfan

Well, whoever wins has to fight 610man, so it's a matter of who wants to deal with that.

@thehadou since this is known prior to the pools being made, can we please see if dekillsage can be in Saturday's pools? He was in grand finals last year, and I'd hate to see him out of the tournament because of some scheduling issues. I don't think anybody present would object to this.

Reactions: TheCrankMachine
edit: jk i completely misunderstood the situation yes please move my mans pool

Last edited:
don't most TOs try to organize pools so they don't overlap for players? I don't really like the idea of saying "we should reorganize for him because he was in grand finals last year" but conversely even if he was a pool monster i would expect his pools to be organized so that he can play in every event he paid money to register for. (Unless smash 4 doubles isn't an official tournament with organized pools, i don't know anything about smash at CB)
Looking at this as an abstract is pointless; we're talking about a specific person, and a specific situation. It's not like sage spends all his time lording his top player privilege over anyone lol. It's a straight line, for me: the competitive aspect of the tourney will be better with his involvement, so I'd want him in it. If he were trying to reschedule something on say, the day of his pools, that'd be another matter, but he didn't. We know well in advance, and can adjust without actually negative affecting anyone. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
All of my pools should be Thursday morning then cause there's no way I'll be sober enough to play after that. I know that well in advance.
the competitive aspect of the tourney will be better with his involvement, so I'd want him in it

Looking at this as an abstract is pointless; we're talking about a specific person, and a specific situation. It's not like sage spends all his time lording his top player privilege over anyone lol. It's a straight line, for me: the competitive aspect of the tourney will be better with his involvement, so I'd want him in it. If he were trying to reschedule something on say, the day of his pools, that'd be another matter, but he didn't. We know well in advance, and can adjust without actually negative affecting anyone. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I mean of course i'm not arguing that it would be "top player privilege" to move sage's pool, he can't play friday for reasons out of his control and he's giving plenty of notice, I think it's perfectly reasonable that he be put in a saturday pool. I just don't think his being in grand finals of the tournament last year should affect the decision. If for some reason we had an excessive number of players requesting saturday pools and there were logistical reasons why it wouldn't be possible to accommodate everyone, THEN I would say "well this guy is gonna go 0-2 but this guy has a good chance to take the whole thing, if someone has to lose their chance to play make it the person who has no chance", but that would be an extremely niche case.

Sucks but can't argue with this:
Y2c6GlY.png

Okay so it looks like the tally is 148

Reactions: Kai