• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

I can get behind cheers theme song. I know 4 words I'm such a big fan.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I will pour one out for you.

jk I would never waste precious booze like that.
The solution is to pour one out for him into your mouth. Duh.

Also, does anyone else have an early Monday flight? My flight goes out at 8AM and the CB shuttle service doesn't start until 9AM on Monday so splitting an Uber or something would be great.

Reactions: Dhoppler
Ok guys I've been putting this off long enough but I put together a gofundme for the Salty Suite. Been talking to a few people about this and decided to go ahead with it. Any lil bit helps, since the suite is so far 100% coming out of my pocket. I plan to have it open the entire weekend, and if anyone has setups they can bring them in and out as they please. This is a community thing, so it'll be pretty much open for everybody. Link below!!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/23ze8vwm

Unless you need the cash up front, I'm just gonna toss some at you at CB itself.

Also, does anyone else have an early Monday flight?

My flight leaves at like 5AM, I think or something like that, so if you're cool waiting a few hours, that's lit.
Also, shoutouts to not taking this bus this year.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
I'm gonna laugh when the TSA recreates your bus experience from last year.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
My flight leaves at like 5AM, I think or something like that, so if you're cool waiting a few hours, that's lit.
Also, shoutouts to not taking this bus this year.

I also leave at 5am so we should uber together or something.

I have faced the perils of my own laziness and inability to cope in most situations and i got a pASSport and the US government have let me in. Shout out to the US government, you guys are great, thanks for tracking me all these years.

See you nerds soon

Man, they really cut giving you the passport close.

In other news, I'll have both scotch and beer ready for all the sad folks who drown in pools

Reactions: ninja-nutria

In other news, I'll have both scotch and beer ready for all the sad folks who drown in pools

Who needs victories when you have booze

Since I'm flying, I can't bring anything, but if I provide funds could you make the liquor run?

I'm assuming liquor runs are happening no matter what. I'm bringing scotch because I bought some and decided to bring it. The beer is from a local brewery that sincerely doubt we can find near the venue.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
i'm a butt and i don't drink. i am a nun.

We could get you root beer

Small-Town-Brewery-Not-Your-Fathers-Root-Beer-bottle.jpg

i'm a butt and i don't drink. i am a nun.

I don't either. Someone hook your boys up with the #bajablast, please. Can you even get that in the UK? If not, you're in for a treat my friend.

We're driving there, so I could grab some baja blast at some point probably

Reactions: Mr Peck
Since I'm flying, I can't bring anything, but if I provide funds could you make the liquor run?
There's a liquor store close enough to the venue, just head west and it's just on the other side of the mall but before the Nissan dealer.

Then there's of course the chain stores that probably have liquor in stock like the 7-eleven and Wal-mart not too far off.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
I don't either. Someone hook your boys up with the #bajablast, please. Can you even get that in the UK? If not, you're in for a treat my friend.

We're driving there, so I could grab some baja blast at some point probably
Noppppeeeppepep, i've never had baja blast. I've heard really good baja things

Oh hey I just had a thought. There's probably gonna be some pretty good matches from pools that happen off stream. I was thinking I would just record these on my phone, but I was wondering if anyone had like a real big boy camera with a tripod they'd be willing to bring. If not that's fine too we can get the Winter Brawl 7 grand finals experience for those matches

Oh hey I just had a thought. There's probably gonna be some pretty good matches from pools that happen off stream. I was thinking I would just record these on my phone, but I was wondering if anyone had like a real big boy camera with a tripod they'd be willing to bring. If not that's fine too we can get the Winter Brawl 7 grand finals experience for those matches
Aren't there machines to plug directly into the Ps4's that capture the display?

Aren't there machines to plug directly into the Ps4's that capture the display?
Oh that's true, there are. That'd work too if anyone's got one of those.

or hear me shit talking as I walk by but not actually stopping to watch the match

If my battery life can do it i'm down to phone record hype pool matches and upload them later.

Crowd reactions are way better/less work anyway, until we get to the stream ofc

I was planning on bringing my dslr for taking photos and some vid, so i might be able to record a couple of matches, just bring i tripod because im not carrying that.

Looks like I'll finally be making it to Combo Breaker. Hopefully there will be room to enter to tournament via emergency registration.

Anyone arriving late Wednesday (in at 10 PM) or leaving early Monday (flight at 8:25 AM) interested in sharing an uber?

Reactions: acfan
I'm leaving early as fuuuuuuuuck Monday. My flight is at 6:15AM so if you wanna share an uber at like... 3/4AM we can work it out, if you wanna leave later than no worries bb

Reactions: Outlaw_Spike
Looks like I'll finally be making it to Combo Breaker. Hopefully there will be room to enter to tournament via emergency registration.
Says on the website registration closes May 9th, so you might be SOL
i can bring my LGP if people want me to
Yeah please bring it! Also that reminds me, since you're going I will remember to bring Flash Duel