• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Money Match Discussion Central

Broken Loose

Costumed Adventurer
Reaction score
Steam
brokenloose
PSN
Broken_Loose
XBL
Broken Loose
Double Beowulf Big Band
We don't have a money matches thread.

The real reason this thread exists, though? Because Skullgirls has gimmick money matches not possible in other games.

FUGAZI
You know this one.
Cerebella (f+HP assist) + Double (s.HP assist) teams only. On point, you are only allowed to respectively use Titan Knuckle or Fugazi Knuckle. First to whatever.

BELLA BALL
You also know this one.
Cerebella (any assist) + Peacock (George's Day Out assist) teams only, in that order. Training mode, HP set to 1. The serving player hits assist, and the returning player uses Diamond Deflector to reflect the projectile. Both players deflect the projectile back and forth until a player misses. If the serving player misses, the returning player gets to serve. If the returning player misses, the serving player scores a point. First to 10 or 15, usually.

*THE HIP NEW THING*
METER MONEY MATCH

Players play a set (odd) number of games. When a player wins a game, the amount of meters that player has is added to their score. At the end of the set, whoever has a lower score pays the winner as much money as the winner's score. A tied score goes to the player who won the most individual games (thus the odd number requirement).

Example: MMM, me vs. FuLLBLeeD, best of 3. Game 1, he wins with 2 bars of meter left. Game 2, I win with 4. Game 3, he wins with 3 (for a total score of 5). The score is 4 to 5, and I pay FuLLBLeeD $5.

The mindgames are furious. Do you play suboptimally for a big payout? Do you spend your meter to kill?

ALL THAT OTHER STUFF
There are other rules. First to 10,000 points with Bella. Racing fools down the hall. It's your thing.

2015 is going to be the Year of Skullgirls. Are you going to NWM, Combo Breaker, Evo, or CEO? Set money matches. Stream them. Get hype. Make hype.

As an aside, I will money match anybody in Windjammers or Click Clack Lumberjack. If I go to Combo Breaker, I'm gonna try to get a Meter Money Match streamed at some point. Plan your matches here. Discuss gimmick matches here. Call people out here. West Coast is free. Announce streams here. Post videos here.

Seriously, though, money matches are the hypest shit ever, and even other scenes would love to spectate us doing this.

Just to get things started: @mcpeanuts, I will fuck your ass up in Dominion for any amount of money at any major I attend. You're free, I don't give a shit if you were one of the playtesters, and I'm calling you out.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Typin of the Skullgirls?

I will money match anyone in 3s or any SF3, Melee, UMVC3 prolly, TwinkleStar Sprites, NBA Street Vol 2, Luigis Mansion FTDone, I can probably beat you in SG maybe, F-Zero X, A2, TVC, MSHvSF Wolverine or nah, and PM. Prolly Ultra too

Typin of the Skullgirls?
I'll be in this. Would this be teams then?

this seems like the only place to discuss bellaball regulation, so I have a proposal.

Given the number of projectile assists that have been added to sg since the inception of bellaball, which ones should be allowed.

I'm personally a fan of using H giant step, because if the other person fucks up they don't get hurt. Then again maybe they should. The other problem is that you can't do dash up reflect like with george.

There's also H chair toss assist, medium and heavy love dart assist, and L luger but these all function mostly the same as peacock's other georges, and those don't really get used. I dunno I feel like theres some room for discussion.

Super Fireball Battle?
- Peacock v Peacock (unless you feel ballsy and want to try a different projectile character)
- Can only use projectiles
- Teleport and (M) Bang allowed for dodging purposes
- Can't super
- Set health to 10%?

I don't know though this would be a funny idea.