• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Most surreal moment?

SHODAN

I like to pretend i'm good at Fighting games
Reaction score
Steam
InfectedCloud
PSN
Assassinking34
A surreal moment is basically a thing that involves an experience that does not seem real or true but it is. for me, it was when I was at my first match at a gym at Palmdale, and i had my first sparring match at another gym, and i felt out of it, i was light as a feather, and moving so quickly and my body felt like it could go on fighting for hours. And i look to the side, my step dad is there and he actually smiles at me and cheers me on ( i had a really shitty relationship with him at the time). And with that, i went for 4 full rounds with the other guy and i felt like i was dreaming because Ive never had my step - dad praise me and i never knew i could be so good something. and with that i found my passion with boxing.

My surreal moment actually came when, believe it or not, I got new colors on the first Skullgirls. I felt like I could fly like a butterfly and sting like Painwheel's QCF.LK. I had this surge of power that I couldn't grasp but it felt good. And then I went online and... I was total weaksauce.

My surreal moment came when I got my first win from Duckator about a month or two after I started playing SG. I was so shocked when it happened. In a way, I kinda look up to him; he's helped me become the player I am today because a few important realizations and decisions came from the aftermath of sets with him.

in SG terms, i guess its when i found out i took out ciscokid's peacock out. after he made me rage and bought the game on steam, i just notice i almost took out the 1# player at the time on psn.

Holy shit i did the same thing and with painwheel! :D

In SG? I think the most exciting moment I've had was this one
CC5F399DF72F09FBBC95965EACD76DB170FF8535

Both his double and peacock had half HP. Peacock threw a George at me, I dodged, confirmed the hit and did my combo, finishing her. Double came, dodged the Luger Replica, hit a lucky j.MP and finished her with scapels.

In my life? I don't know... Have to think about it.

I beat Nuuance because a reversal LK bomber hit, but crossed up on the third hit. I meant to do Catelites, but the third hit also put me up to 5 meters. I got the level 5 instead.

In Skullgirls, Beowulf winning Character Vote #2.

In real life, having a near-death experience on more than one occasion.

My most real life surreal moment was when I decided not to listen to stupid rules and conform. I had to see my counselor about a personal problem(now resolved) but a woman was in my way telling me I needed a pass. I thought to myself how meek and weak I am when it comes to rules and I decided to just walk past her with out a pass, and I felt dangerously free for that moment. I told my counselor and he was proud of me! One other surreal moment is when I realize that some rules are far too trivial to follow and I yelled at my teacher because he already gave me a C for work I did, but then I finish it in the same day and he won't change my grade because it was supposed to be "homework" so I yelled...
Fuck you...stupid cuntbag asshole
He says there were very memorable students in his class. I'm sure he'll remember me.

I've had about two surreal moments in my life. One time I won a smash brothers brothers brawl tournament at my library with Ness. I thought I lost since I thought I had less points than my opponents. it was awesome once I found out I won. I went on to win two more tournaments at that library. The other time was when I won my IPad 1 in an essay contest. I didn't believe I would win but I did. We went to BJ's to get it from the the contest hosters.

Not SG guys, let's make this another one of those feels threads.

For me it was in high school, at the time I hadn't really sure what course to take in college, then this guy (the video doesn't make him justice, he's really great) gave a lesson and told us about his life growing up in a musical environment. I was really touched by the way treated music and how passionate he was about it, at the end he played this song with the school's choir teacher (I shed some manly tears). When I got home that day I was ecstatic, I couldn't leave my guitar aside for a whole month. After that it was pretty clear what I wanted to do in college.

I have two, actually.

First one I don't want to elaborate, but it involves the words, "He's gone now."

Second, it was the last day of 6th grade. I have my 3/4th tuba, about to take it home, then I hear an announcement. "Jazz band and Concert band results are posted up in the front lobby." I rushed down there, almost knocking people over. There, I see, "Jazz Band- [Felarine] - First Chair - Tuba/baritone". I have never been so happy, it's what made me realize band is a driving force in my life. I went home and burst into tears of happiness. Since then, yeah concerts been boring (even though I love tuba), but jazz band has brought me closer with my fellow bandmates, and we have some hilarious stories. I guess a third even could be last ISU jazz fest, but that was in a different way.

I almost got hit by a speeding bus. it was close, totally my fault. shouldn't of been standing there but I did stand there too close. fortunately it didn't hit me.

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
well i remember two things that could not believe that just happened. i go El Salvador a lot and its one of the most violent countries in the world with 40 deaths per day on average. I was in San Salvador which is the capital, and my family was head back to the usulutan Department (or district) then there are riots happening out the streets because the gangs kidnapped two buses, and killed about 16 people according to news sources. i remember that the doused a bus with gasoline and set it on fire with people still inside,and hearing gunshots being loaded on the bus. needless to say, Ive seen some shit

keep in mind i was only 10 yrs old when this happend

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/21/world/la-fg-salvador-bus-20100622

A bottle of wine and things get pretty surreal for me.

leave it Muro to make everything silly XD

wait why are people liking some of these posts?

well, it could be that they just like it? its not a bad thing

Lets not go off topic on this plz........

These are stories of learning, redemption, and experience and we like to survive, so we to hear other survival stories. Surrealism is that time like when we're getting cutie marks...uh, in a way.

I remember when I was....like in 1st grade I went with my mom to go pick up my little brother in pre-school. I forgot why but I didn't want to leave the car. Then like five minutes later I decided to walk myself to the pre-school across the street and suddenly I was on top of the windshield of a red Ferrari...that shit hurt and both of my kneecaps were fucked for like a good 2 months.

But now it's just a blurry vision.

well here's another one. My grandmother died in April of 2012 right in front my eyes she was sleeping ( her stomach blew up and i remember seeing blood coming out of her ears and she was spazing out). afterward everyone else was crying except me (i didn't know what to feel or think, when i mourn get pretty emotional) so i was just lost i guess. like i felt calm but not sad. i and wondered why im like that with every family member? maybe because im so used to people dying and losing people close to me? hell, everyone was looking at me funny like they wanted to kill me. and im thinking, " Fuck, im probably get my ass beat or killed right now"

well here's another one. My grandmother died in April of 2012 right in front my eyes she was sleeping ( her stomach blew up and i remember seeing blood coming out of her ears and she was spazing out). afterward everyone else was crying except me (i didn't know what to feel or think, when i mourn get pretty emotional) so i was just lost i guess. like i felt calm but not sad. i and wondered why im like that with every family member? maybe because im so used to people dying and losing people close to me? hell, everyone was looking at me funny like they wanted to kill me. and im thinking, " Fuck, im probably get my ass beat or killed right now"
You've seen some shit dude...

I once sat on an anthill and almost died.

EDIT: I was 2 years old, before someone asks me why would someone sit on an anthill.

Reactions: Shooon and SHODAN
Her stomach blew up and i remember seeing blood coming out of her ears and she was spazing out.
Whatcha smoking?
Oh, wait... I know what happened...
chest-burster_burst_001_1198188253.jpg

OK, I'll write something, too.
I had dream about weird man. He was talking to me about... Lollipops, I think...?
Then he took knife from his pocket and he just cut my hand off...
When I woke up, I had scar on my hand.
After like four hours scar was gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonWireFire
I was playing with my scissors just a moment ago and that reminded me of one.

When I was something real young (3 years maybe?), I somehow got my hands on a pair of scissors. They were made entirely out of metal, which is important given what my creativity made me do with 'em. See, I assumed cutting the wire of a plugged in turned on lamp was a good idea. I remember waking up from a short blackout, my mom panicking around me for reasons I didn't understand at the time and a lamp that strangely enough was no longer functional.

I use those scissors to this day (them are some really fine scissors yo). in fact those are the very ones I was playing with a moment ago, though they do have a spot of clearly melted metal that's been serving as a reminder of my young genius for all these years.

My surreal moment was doing my volunteer work at my city library. When I signed in, I checked to see where I stopped and started from there, but when I looked at the books on the shelf, a thought occurred to me: "Wait, didn't I already rearrange this shelf?" I look over to the shelf next to it, and again, I distinctly remember rearranging that shelf, as well. For the next couple of shelves, I kept having the feeling that I had already rearranged them, because I recognized the books on the shelves. And then I got towards the bottom of one of the shelves and saw that two books were switched out of place. The very same books that I know I swapped back into their correct places.

The following week, I was signing out when I made a discovery: I actually did already rearrange those shelves; I had simply forgotten to write down where I stopped. So because of that, I ended up rearranging those four shelves two weeks in a row.

Reactions: Mitju
Whatcha smoking?
Oh, wait... I know what happened...
chest-burster_burst_001_1198188253.jpg

well it wasn't a chest burster for sure, else i would not be here. (weiland isnt real yet guys)

but no, she had a lot of problems with her digestive tract, plus she had type 2 diabetes.

I've seen a lot of shit as well, I'm pretty sure we all have. However, there are some things you should really just keep to yourself and to people close to you, hence why I didn't elaborate on any of those near-death experiences. Shodan, it's nice that you want to talk to other people about those tough parts of your life but I don't think here is the place to do it.

If this thread must continue then I suggest that we restrict these "surreal moments" to the tamer ones.

Reactions: SHODAN and Colossi
Hm...another surreal moment I had was when I first went to my university library and I got lost. Took me 20 minutes of walking around to know how to get out of there.

When Eliza won.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
I don't know why, but when I saw the message
DDB replied to the thread Most surreal moment?. There may be more posts after this.
I thought it'd be something like this.

It's almost like you're physic or something.

Reactions: Colossi
SURREAL MOMENT:
I foresaw that DDB was going to say something Annie related, but only once.

Reactions: SHODAN and DDB
so my dad owns 2 dirt bikes and 2 ATVs that we take out, and i rode a 250cc ATV out in the desert. i rode on for like 2 hours and got lost but just exploring the terrain and seeing the wildlife made feel like i was on an adventure. going over the dirt jumps and landing them was just really satisfying. it felt good just to feel the rush of speed and looking out into the distance whilr the sun was setting.

Reactions: Verstande
Just a few weeks ago I watched myself take my first steps on a 20 year old video tape.

I'm not sure if I can call that surreal but it seems as though everyone here is being very liberal with the definition.

Skydiving. Just an hour earlier I was safe in my room playing Halo 3 then my crazy friends talked me into jumping out of a plane at 14,000 feet. As we were leaving the runway and the cold air was just blowing everywhere with the door hatch wide open I was sitting there in my shorts and t-shirt trying to rethink my life.

Best experience I've ever had.^^