• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

My matches are dropping after a few seconds of play.

StripeyBoosh

"You're a wheel pain!"
I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place to ask about this.

Recently (as of yesterday) whenever I enter a quick match and the fight begins, after a few seconds of play I get disconnected.
Earlier Windows Firewall was giving me trouble about Dark Souls, so I assumed it must be messing with my other games as well.

I made sure there was an exception there for Skullgirls. This unfortunately did not fix the issue.

I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue and (hopefully) fixed it?
My internet connection appears to be fine, so I don't think it's network related, but I won't rule that out.
I can't imagine I would need to open any ports to play online without this issue, as I haven't made any changes to our access point.

It has been a bit rainy since yesterday, and it is plausible it is having effects on my connection.
However I find this strange since video streaming and everything else seems to function as normal.

Anyway, hopefully someone has idea or two that could be of assistance.
I will check back after the weather has cleared up and post any changes.

Appreciate it.

Things are back to normal to some extent.
Looks like my access point will randomly lose connection with my wireless adapter for some reason.

(Not related to the game at all. In the world of networking it's a lot of "Oh this setting isn't matching up on both ends. Oh another device took my IP's place. Oh both internal and external wireless adapters are trying to come on at the same time. Oh the adapter is being interrupted by the microwave." etc. thanks Obama)

Just thought I'd let you know.

Back