• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

My music - I'm Not Special

Icky

工 レo√乇 ㄚo∪ ღ ツ
Reaction score
Steam
Ickybonez
Big Band Cerebella
If you're interested in 47 minutes of self-deprecating music (and one self-deprecating song that's sort of about aliens) then boy do I have a treat for you.

Hello. I've been making music since I was around 8 years now, and for a while it was my goal to become a professional musician. Once I got out of high school reality flew into my life and I realized how little I knew about making any sort of profit off of what I was doing.

About two years ago I was going through the roughest part of my life (so far, I'm still young) and started writing and recording an album in hopes of sending it to record labels, selling it, whatever. Unfortunately, while it took me only a few months to complete I felt the end results were far below my unreasonably high expectations of myself. I originally had intentions of recording two sequel albums, but I haven't had much motivation to do anything music related since I finished all these songs. So basically this albums worth of music has been sitting around, and I've been constantly listening to it trying to decide if I am comfortable with putting it out there.

Today is the day that I have chosen to finally throw it onto the internet, here's the link.

https://imnotspecial.bandcamp.com/

I don't really have my hopes high of anyone really noticing or caring, especially since I don't have very many places/people to show it to beyond here. It's all for free with 9 songs in total. I'm not sure what genre any of it is, if someone has any idea feel free to let me know! I personally think "Infatuation" is the best song on there, but if you don't feel like listening to a 9 minutes long song as an example of my music check out "Dissolution" or "Idolism."

I don't know what else to write, I guess just ask me questions if you want. Thank you for taking your time to read this and/or listen to my music.

i gotta say, my fave in there was Lovely. Also when i was listening to all of the songs i got all these different vibes like punk (Dead Kennedys) and Industrial (i was instantly reminded Nine Inch Nails at some points). if i had any criticisms, it would be that your voice sounds a little out of place here and there but not a major gripe. overall, its good to me.

Reactions: Icky
This is pretty good! (If depressing.) You should be proud of it!

I realized how little I knew about making any sort of profit off of what I was doing.
Considering I TRIED to pay for the album and was unable to, one suggestion might be allowing people to pay what they want instead of making it just free with no option to do that.

This is pretty good! (If depressing.) You should be proud of it!
Considering I TRIED to pay for the album and was unable to, one suggestion might be allowing people to pay what they want instead of making it just free with no option to do that.
Thank you Mike, I probably should change that! Though don't feel compelled to go back and actually pay for it if you don't want to haha

type-o joy division changelings want revenge

<3