• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

New Controllers Not Being Recognized On PC

Oreo

Reaction score
Steam
oreothewolf
PSN
Oreo_Wulf
XBL
Oreo Wolf
Peacock Cerebella
Recently, I brought my laptop to a local tournament to run Skullgirls off of. We found a problem during casuals where if you unplugged a stick/pad/controller/whatever and plugged a new one in, the new controller would be unrecognized by the game until we restarted the program. Eventually we found a work-around: if we went back to the main menu before we unplugged stuff, then we could properly assign controllers to players in the options menu and then they would function as normal. It seemed to only be an issue when unplugging controllers and plugging in new ones during the post-game "win pose" menu.

I'm not sure if it was a specific case for my computer as I haven't tried to run any tournaments off of anything but that particular machine. Since we found a work-around it's not exactly the biggest problem in the world, but it does kind of invalidate Tournament Mode when you have to back out to the main menu every time someone new sits down.