• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Not game stuff to add to the game

Yomabuddy

I don't play Big Band just for the assist.
Reaction score
Steam
Yomabuddy
Filia Big Band
Um, would it be possible for the game interface to show tournaments like they do for League (don't bash me please I only heard of this through the grapevine)? Like, when you boot up SG it shows you "Combo Breaker offline tournament here [insert date, place and link to registration], sign up and come to play!" Maybe even do that for online tournaments and the "Get Good" lobbies that are being organised on r/Skullgirls. It'd require someone being in constant touch with the forums and r/Skullgirls to keep that up to date, however, but IMO it'd still be a good feature.

Also I don't think the game links you directly to the forums. I think that'd be a great idea, especially since it'd sort of eliminate having to put combos and trials into the game so people learn from that, plus people can go there and ask about their problems. It may not generate much more traffic to the site but I still think it'd be a nice idea perhaps. Also link characters from their character movelists to SG forums on the character so people can go directly from the game to the forums and look up information.

I'm fully prepared to be called an idiot for these ideas so please don't mind. I also realise that the work required to make/keep up this might be high and the people who actually benefit from this may not be enough.

@Mike_Z

I don't know how feasible that is. Stuff like LoL, DotA, Blizzard stuff, etc have access to a central(ish) server that players access when they play the game. Skullgirls is more peer-to-peer stuff