• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Punch-Man

BeatNinja

*Sneezes*
Reaction score
Steam
BeatNinja
PSN
BeatNinja777
Valentine Big Band
3627884-one_punch_man_____saitama____wallpaper_01__by_dr_erich-d6n68e5.jpg

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this (and if there is, I'm goddamn sorry, but I looked twice and didn't see shit). BUT ONE PUNCH-MAN IS THE GREATEST MANGA OF ALL TIME and an anime just got green-lit so there is no excuse not to be showered in its amazingness. IF YA DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT you fucking loser, One Punch-Man follows Saitama, an average joe made average hero who's become so incredibly strong that he can defeat any monster, demon, or whatever with a single punch. And this has left a slight hole in his heart, because now he's bored with his super hero duties, which he doesn't even get credit for in the first place. It's dumb, hilarious, and has gorgeous art. SO LET'S DISCUSS.

OH MY GOD THIS MANGA IS INCREDIBLE
I started reading One Punch Man last Sunday and I AM SO INTO IT NOW. The premise is so simple and a bit risky, but an amazing story is built around it. Equal parts comedy and action, with a bit of drama thrown in, One Punch Man is a super hero themed adventure that you just can't find anywhere else. Honestly I would go as far as to say that ANYONE would enjoy reading this story. Trust me, I've actually never read manga before One Punch Man.

Basically, READ IT YOU FUCKING NERD.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Just started recently, but Saitama is so nonchalant about being a superhero it's hilarious. It's like a slice of life character living in a super serious action manga, it's great so far

Looking forward to the anime that's coming up

I'm sure they'll do fine, it's tough to mess up "regular guy voice"

That's what I'm trying to say, though.
What if they mess up and go "well, let's make him more hero-like," or, "He has to sound aggressive and tough!"
I've seen it happen before D:

I'm not worried. I dunno, I'm just really confident that everything will be fine.

If anything they'll play up the "nothing phases him" aspect in his voice rather than the "action protagonist", like he's just bored of everything since he can end any fight instantly

EDIT Cast and crew will be announced next week

If anything they'll play up the "nothing phases him"
That...
Actually sounds worse. As long as it's not the VA just reading off the script or too "action protagonist"-y I'm content~
we'll get an October premiere!
I checked it, I can't wait ~-~
I want a bonus episode where he fights Mob from Mob Psycho 100~

tumblr_nbev3iDM9o1tv7a6ao1_500.jpg

Last edited:
From what I heard, Sunrise will be the studio animating this.
I don't know them well, I just hope they can capture the strength of the action like Trigger.

Apparently they're the ones who made Cowboy Bebop. Outlaw Star, Gundam, and many more great anime.
Though, I've honestly only watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Yeah they're very good anime, but I'm more worried about the animation. I want it to look like the Meteor Chapters.
I have no doubt that the adaptation is gonna be a hit, I just hope that it's visually stunning at the same time.

Sunrise is a pretty big company. I'm sure the animation will be fine. We'll have to see at Anime Japan this upcoming weekend.

From what I heard, Sunrise will be the studio animating this.
Thank goodness. I was fearing the worst, and thinking it might end up in one of Jump Publishing's go-to animation houses. I wonder how the show will be structured/paced, considering how much of the early chapters consist of short gags and such.

I just finished the invasion chapters, un-fucking-believable.

I think it was cool that Prisoner remembered the Sea King's words and turned it into Dark Angel Rush.
Little things like that are signs of good writing.

Of course I will, it's One Punch Man.

Madhouse is animating it everybody. I'm totally cool with that.

Wow I don't know anything about them.
Don't matter though, everything will be fiiiiiiiiiiine.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...aito-ishikawa-makoto-furukawa-madhouse/.86173
Voice actor of Saitama is Makoto Furukawa (Shigou Kakei in Aldnoah Zero, Yutaro Kindaichi in Haikyuu), and the voice actor of Genos is Kaito Ishikawa (Tobio Kageyama in Haikyuu, Marcos Eringrad Garcia in Terra Formars, "Nine" in Terror in Resonance/Zankyou no Terror).

The director of Space Dandy will be directing this anime.

Wow I don't know anything about them.
Black Lagoon
Claymore
Death Note
Death Parade
Hajime no Ippo
Hellsing Ultimate
Hunter x Hunter 2011 remake
Kaiji
Monster
Paranoia Agent
Parasyte
Redline
Trigun

Just to name a few

Last edited:
Hajime no Ippo
Hellsing Ultimate
Redline
MADHOUSE
SPACE DANDY'S DIRECTOR
THERE WE FUCKING GO
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SON

Yep, this seems to be in good hands.

I can't think of a more perfect studio/director combo. The only thing better would be if Murata occasionally did Key Frames or something, cause that guy is like a one-man animation team by himself.
Robot_ch21.gif

I've read it on december, last year. Don't know how much it progressed.
415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif