• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Player/Controller profile bug ?!

LowTier

Reaction score
Steam
LowTier
Beowulf
Hi, I made an account here just so I could share this bug report with you... Thanks to meow-professor to sending me over from the steam forums.
I have had a bit of a search and am very surprised not to see this mentioned anywhere. Though I am new here and not familiar... So I apologize if this bug has already been posted up about then buried and I have missed it. My searches didn't show up much anything related, so I figured I would register and post up.

So you start up a new game with your controller connected... Straight into the Main Menu, No problem.

So you start up a new game with 2 controllers connected... It shows you a screen where you select which controllers are connected, you use your stick/pad to toggle left or right and press LK. :) EXCELLENT. Everything all working as and how it should.

But... I have found that the bug exists if you have 3 or 4 controllers connected, same thing as above, you start the game up and enter a screen to select your controller and 'IF ONLY ONE PLAYER' then selects a profile, the screen will continue to keep the select controller overlay on top of the game. It is still possible to navigate the game but it will stay over layed until you make it change screens. I originally found this out by accident and wanted to fine tune down to little details EG: is it Dinput controllers causing this ? or Xinput controllers causing this... ?!

~ SIDENOTE~ To add a bit of extra heat to this: I have a Mayflash adapter that adapts the use of 2 sega saturn controllers. The controllers work beautifully within the game and all of the menus, even configurating the controls and such... BUT on the screen ^ I speak about the LK button has no effect making it impossible to accept using either of these controllers even if it's freshly been configured.
Both game and Joy.cpl both lists it as USB GamePad. I can gladly give you the HID, VID info if that could be of any help.

The bug I am reporting here is simply this...:
If 3 or more controllers are connected when you start the game up, The bug happens if only 1 player assigns controls.

If however, only 1 player assigns controls and there are only 2 controls. No bug and no problems... :)

The bug only seems to exist if there are 3 or more controllers connected and I can report that through lots of trial and error testing different controller types are irrelevant, I have tried all being xinput and all being dinput and a mix all with the same results.
I can confirm that configuring the controls for either controller type overall is all working just fine and dandy. :) Great Job.

At present Regular Steam and Beta build (not sure about console versions)
When 3 or more controllers are connected.
2 people need to assign a controller... Otherwise this bug will happen.

Thanks for reading.

oh nice I've had this bug ever since i got my stick yesterday
ty for figuring out how it works

Reactions: LowTier
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.
If I'm going to report a bug, then I'm gonna try my damned hardest to replicate it every time so that if the bug itself cannot be pointed at distinctively... we can at least learn the cause & effect... Which also hopefully helps with roughly where to look in code. ;)

Also on a small (and interesting) sidenote when using a wired 360 arcade stick and a wireless 360 control pad together the game reports them as being back to front... IE: The stick is shown to be a wireless receiver for windows and the wireless controller is shown to be the arcade stick. :P haha. This doesn't happen if you turn the wireless controller on after launching the game with a stick already connected but I thought it was quite amusing none the less. :)

Also, if you haven't already... Could you please also see the spoiler in my first post for another little niggle that if you could get the chance I'm sure that many would appreciate a fix for this... :)

Ok, Thank you very much for your time.
Massive thanks for your continued efforts in making an awesome game !!

~ LowTier
/Signing out

~ SIDENOTE~ To add a bit of extra heat to this: I have a Mayflash adapter that adapts the use of 2 sega saturn controllers. The controllers work beautifully within the game and all of the menus, even configurating the controls and such... BUT on the screen ^ I speak about the LK button has no effect making it impossible to accept using either of these controllers even if it's freshly been configured.
Both game and Joy.cpl both lists it as USB GamePad. I can gladly give you the HID, VID info if that could be of any help.
I actually had the same problem with my stick yesterday (before i used a ps3 controller with a driver that made a virtual 360 controller always connected). The way i got mine to work is that i navigated to local versus with my keyboard then setting the stick to p1 and the keyboard to p2 before exiting out of character select. I know its not ideal but it kind of works :p

So while the original bug post is definitely present... I tried again this morning with the sega saturn controllers and 2 other different controller converters. (snes and gamecube) I just wanted to clarify that everything including the saturn pads are working just fine.

I believe it was my error & I apologize. I might have somehow got 'it' entangled into the info about the bug & with fresh eyes, I now see that this is not true. @Chairman, If I find myself in that boat again I will remember that I have a keyboard... :) LOL. Thanks for the tip.