• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Playstation Experience 2016 Thread

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
There was a bit of discussion of this in the Street Fighter V Thread, but given the upcoming event, and how it'll be a two day event (plus a stream), I thought it might be worth it to have a thread to quarantine any talk of games announced there (and to not utterly drown Gaming Discussion), so, it's Playstation Experience! Basically a mini-show for Playstation News around this time of year, it starts with a Keynote and general news, then after that it's a mini-E3 with activities, there's bound to be a lot of Playstation centric announcements, last year there was some more stuff on Final Fantasy 7 Remake, so who knows?

Also of note is The Game Awards, well, not PARTICULARLY of note, but The Game Awards are also happening around the same time, usually there are brand new announcements there, but that's not good enough for it's own thread, so you could also talk about Game Awards annoucements in here

Anyway, The Game Awards are on December 1st
And Playstation Experience is December 3rd-4th, there should be a Keynote on the 3rd, hopefully!

So yeah, talk about things you hope are announced at The Playstation EXpereince, will be announced, are announced, and anythign in between.
@BeatNinja is to thank for this event, so chat away!

I'm hoping Spider-Man PS4 is given some gameplay there...and since PSVR is out, it won't eat up any time.

I did it. I helped. It was all me. But that doesn't matter right now, because

B8cErGv.gif

Marvel vs Capcom 4 has been a possibility, and even if it's not there, we might get some Marvel licenses as PS Exclusive games, that'd be pretty cool, huh?
I don't think Marvel is likely, but wouldn't it be nice?

To reiterate for this thread.

The Akuma trailer is for something playable at PSX, but according to Ono (which means the following is likely bullshit) that something may not be SFV.

Maybe SFxT is resurfacing? Maybe it is Marvel. No one knows. Being playable a week from now says it's not Marvel to me, but I could be wrong.

I don't think it's Marvel, since it's specifically playable, but then again, Marvel vs Capcom 3 shanked us in the ass with surprise when THAT WAS playable within a month or a few weeks when it was first announced.
Tekken x Street Fighter is still being done, but I cant imagine it being finished before Tekken 7

Tekken x Street Fighter is still being done
Certainly. But you don't need to be finished before presenting a playable build.

I just wonder what's gonna happen at Game Awards, Kojima will be there to accept his "Industry Icon" award, so maybe we'll see some Death Stranding? Unlikely.

Also, there was a list posted of what companies are attending PSE, and Squeenix isn't listed, however, keep in mind that even if they're not attending doesn't mean they don't have trailers set up.

Also interesting: There are three "unannounced" panels at PSE after the keynote.

There are three "unannounced" panels at PSE after the keynote.
There are also 4 secret playable games.

Polygon is now claiming MvC4 as a fact.

As a quick reminder, Marvel has been trying to suppress the X-Men brand this last year, so Marvel 4 might be missing Wolverine, Doom, Sentinel, Magneto and Storm.

Polygon is now claiming MvC4 as a fact.

As a quick reminder, Marvel has been trying to suppress the X-Men brand this last year, so Marvel 4 might be missing Wolverine, Doom, Sentinel, Magneto and Storm.
Fox still doens't wanna give up that copyright, huh?
I'm actually glad about that, the ONLY Reason Sentinel and Storm were in MvC 3 were because Seth Killian was championing for them because of Marvel vs Capcom 2.
With him gone, it is literally impossible for them to be there, thankfully.

Also, Doom is a Fantastic Four character, dood.

Also, Doom is a Fantastic Four character, dood.
And Fox also has Fantastic Four rights, dood.

And Fox also has Fantastic Four rights, dood.
Well, actually, it's all but assured Marvel's getting the film rights to Fantastic four back after F4ntastic floppde hediously, soooo.
Don't keep MCU 100% in mind, I think Wolverine is at least guaranteed, and Deadpool, given popularity, but yeah. We'll have to see.
They'll probably keep Rocket Raccooon and add Starkiller too

, it's all but assured Marvel's getting the film rights to Fantastic four back after F4ntastic floppde hediously, soooo.
Where are you getting that from?

They only made that movie to keep the rights in the first place.

I'm not saying they won't include certain characters, I just said they might not, especially considering how they're handling the comics.

All I care about is anyway is Gene, and he's never getting in. Akira would be cool too, but I doubt she's ever going to see daylight again. Jedah and Nero would also be cool.

We need Rock, Asura, a SFV character (preferably RASHIDO), and most importantly

Nick with his Ace Attorney 5 look

Asura getting in over Gene would probably make me too salty to buy the game.

Capcom doesn't know how to make good games and Marvel won't let good characters be in it.

"I can't wait to jab antiair the Inhumans with 8f of lag" said no one ever.

I'm probably alone on this boat but I am just as excited for the KOFXIV graphical update than I am for Marvel 4.

maxresdefault.jpg

CyZckKBUcAAJYKp.jpg:large

Reactions: CountofBleck
Oh no, PS4 Spidey's confirmed to not be there :[

I hope Supah Mario Bros 2 wins GOTY again, 28 years in a row baby

Well, at the least we get Kojima, and Breath of the Wild!
They confirmed at least 10 games will be revealed at the Game Awards

Speaking of Kojima, though, it's been confirmed that Death Stranding will be at Playstation Experience, including a panel.

I highly doubt it, but I would like some gameplay please. Of Death Stranding I mean. Norman Reedus Fetus Adventure

Let's get the important part out of the way.

That definitely looks like a thing

that Kojima made

Best part of that trailer is confirming Yoji Shinkawa as the art director.

I was honestly hoping this game would just be a Norman Reedus caveman simulator. But it's actually taking a MGS4-like approach/direction it seems.

Not as many annoucements as I would've liked, some highlights though.
I'm glad I didn't make a separate thread for it.
Some good, but it just means that PSE can be even better!

Maximilian confirmed on his Stream this evening he ill be Livereacting to the Keynote so anyone who wants to see at least One Twitch Streamer going Hype for this game tune into his channel 1 p.m Eastern/10 a.m. Pacific on Saturday.

Reactions: Jutsei
He's probably there to hype marvel 4. If it's true and not garbage looking like the recent mobile games, he'll blow his lungs screaming

I've been trying to pretend those Marvel 4/Reboot rumors don't exist, I'm not putting my all into them, because if it's not ther,e I'll be disappointed, and the whole Event will feel shitty.
And if I go in expecting it at the event, I'll keep saying to myself "That's cool, WHERE'S MARVEL!?" and it'll devalue everything.
So I'm trying to not expect that it'll be there.

I've been trying to pretend those Marvel 4/Reboot rumors don't exist, I'm not putting my all into them, because if it's not ther,e I'll be disappointed, and the whole Event will feel shitty.
And if I go in expecting it at the event, I'll keep saying to myself "That's cool, WHERE'S MARVEL!?" and it'll devalue everything.
So I'm trying to not expect that it'll be there.
I'm not sure how to feel about them. As I've said before, the idea that a public playable Marvel build will surface within the week seems ludicrous.

That said, even if it's not at PSX, Polygon is saying it's a fact the game is in development. While I think Polygon is pretty much a rag from what I've seen, they obviously do have Capcom insider sources since they are the ones who broke R. Mika, Karin, Alex and Urien.