• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Playstation Experience 2017 Thread

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
It's that time of year again, time for ole' Jutsei to jump the gun and make a discussion thread for December's weirdly packed schedule of places where announcements happen.
And to make sure Gaming Discussion isn't swamped when it does happen

This year at Playstation Experience, there's (supposedly) not gonna be any major announcements, but some new things will be there, and obviously be some updates for games already announced (Probably some God of War 4 or Ghost of Tsukishima), but there's still reason to be excited because there could very easily be some surprise cool announcements there, and as always, it will be livestreamed with your pals over at Twitch.

It's set to happen December 8th-December 10th

But, the Playstation Presents Showcase will be on the 8th around 11 PM EST (8 PST) so that's what to look out for

There will also be a showcase of Media Molecule's Dreams (yes, still being made, surprisingly)
And the Capcom Cup for Street Fighter V, so perhaps we'll get Season 3 announcements?

In addition to PSX 2017, there are...
The Game Awards, which are due to happen on December 7th.
They're kinda usually not that good, with boneheaded/obvious awards chosen every year (PlayerUnknown's BattleGround is in the running for GOTY 2k17 despite not being finished instead of Nier Automata)
But there's always a handful of video game/world first announcements at the awards (Notably, The Phantom Pain and Last of Us were first revealed at the Game Awards when they were still sponsored by Spike)

And it's confirmed that Hideo Kojima + Guillermo Del Toro will be there at the Game Awards, perhaps to show off another Death Stranding trailer?

So you can discuss the Game Awards here as well, and what you want/hope to see at Playstation Experience. (Including Playstation All-Stars 2, maybe?)

Reactions: loonieboy9697
Season 3 of Street Fighter V (Arcade Edition with Season 3) So far Teases from Capcom and Leaks have Sakura for sure and possibly Sagat and Sodom, along with possibly 2 Completely new Characters. The 6th character I have honestly forgotten if they were in the Returning/New category.

Sakura Tease happened at RBB and was subtle if you were not paying close attention.

I'm expecting the next Characters for MvC I to be announced during the presentation and not much else honestly.

Reactions: Jutsei
I hope that we get more Dragonball FighterZ reveals.

As well as those exclusives for the Switch that Bandai promised us.

Norman Reedus is gonna be at the Game Awards too, we are for certain seeing SOMETHING of Death Stranding at least.
So there'll be something there, at least.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got some more character reveals for all the fighting games.

Id love to hear more about Death Stranding.

Think we will get anything else for Blazblue Cross Tag?

All I know about BBCTB is the next trailer better reveal Blake cause that's when I go to pre-order.

Azrael sold me tbh

All I know about BBCTB is the next trailer better reveal Blake cause that's when I go to pre-order.

Anyone from RWBY Annouced beyond the core 4 girls will add more pre-orders. we will just have to see what is shown in the trailer Friday Night.

Now the Showing of the SF V Arcade edition build yesterday that will be at PSX left me disappointed. Not because it was the PSX build which I was OK with, but because they chose 4 people who were pitiful at showing off the game build.

Well, that game awards show was way better than the previous years.
Tons of cool annoucements and things to look forward to, and PSX is tomorrow!
Any favorite annoucements?
'cuz I kinda dug that Death Stranding trailer, and the A Way out Dev going fucking nuts.
Then Witchfire Baited and Switched us hard.

Big winner was From Software's
"Shadows Die Twice"
Teaser

Bloodborne 2? New standalone Souls-like?
...Shadow Tower sequel?

Some are theorizing a sequel to Tenchu as well. No one knows for sure yet which is really feeding the speculation.

8 p.m. Pacific time tomorrow night can not come fast enough.

The background is a Japanese Scroll as well, but that weapon in front looks so decidedly non-Japanese.
What if From is playing us?
Shadows Die Twice... what if this is a simultaneous teaser for TWO games?
The weapon teasing Bloodborne 2, and the background teasing Tenchu 5?

...crazy, I know. But you never know

How'd everyone feel about Josef Fares/ A Way Out guy's passionate rant where he was just getting excited for his game and offhandedly roasting EA (Who's publishing his game)?
Honestly, really loved it, dude was off the fucking rails.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
I felt like Overwatch winning Best Ongoing Game was shoehorned. Like most games nominated aren't really that old. Like Overwatch isn't even 2 plus years yet.

Soul Calibur fucking 6 was the thing I was waiting for the most. Sweet vindication can't wait to dive back in to the closest fighting game series to my heart.

BOTW DLC being out tonight was a shock, but even more was more info about Dreams! Never thought I would hear that name again, it was announced at e3 years ago and has been silent ever since. Death Straning confirms my theory that I will never be really for Unlimited Kojima, while Bayo 3 coming to the switch, as well as the 1&2 collection is real nice, never got to play it.

Here we are, boys.
The main event and reason for this thread.
Playstation Experience starts in 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Link's 'ere.

I know we're not due for a TON of mega annoucements, but who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us.
Or maybe they do have a lot...
either way, we'll prob get some cool new trailers for games we already know about (God of War 4 especially)

But let's hope for some cool reveals that'll make people happy, Spyro Remastered, Playstation All-Stars 2 (Or racing), and there's rumors of Devil May Cry 5 too?

Either way, let's rock, baby.

...that was complete and utter crap to watch. They screwed up the formula badly this year by changing it.
They downsized it a ton because a lot of their reveals were at Paris.
Understandable, but hopefully next year will be better.

At the least, we got confirmation of Medievil Remastered

The real question here is, is it going to be a Medievil remaster or is it going to be Medievil remaster remaster. Though really I just wish they'd just make a new game or at the least remaster the original and the second game as the latter being really hard to get a hold of.

I'm assuming it's a remaster/remake of Medievil 1, hopefully not a remaster of Resurrection, but I'm still pretty excited, never got to play Medievil and got interested due to Sir Dan in PSASBR.
Speaking of PSAS, oh well. No reveal this time. Maybe next year.
PSASBR 1 was revealed on fucking Game Trailers, of all things.

I hope next year Sony has some big big games to reveal, because both E3 and PSX this year lacked the kinda oomph they usally do, Paris Games was pretty alright, though.

They downsized it a ton because a lot of their reveals were at Paris.
Understandable, but hopefully next year will be better.

At the least, we got confirmation of Medievil Remastered

Medievil aside, no. That was crap; they reshowed stuff from The Game Awards 24 hours beforehand. The announcement was "Updates of Older Games and few new games. Don't get too excited." and I still fell asleep for part of it.

No, this was a waste compared for the past few years. E3 and Paris Games were just as lackluster. What are you doing sony, what are you doing?

It's possible a lot of their planned new games are earlier in development than expected, which is why the only really new game annoucements in Paris were Concrete Genie and Ghost of Tsushima.
It also dones't help a lot of their games due for next year seem to be taking longer than initially expected (Hello, God of War and Spider-Man!)

Next year will hopefully be better unless they're definitely feeling a drought.

Im convinced what we watched was a multimillion dollar podcast. I know more about what Kojima had for lunch a few years back than most of the games they showed tonight.

They showed a little of Concrete Genie shortly after the showcase ended.
That aside, yeah, definitely very weak compared to Game Awards, E3 was also not as good as usual last year.
Paris was alright but I'm reallllllllllllly hoping that E3 2018 blows my fucking mind into a million piece.s
Just gotta get these games that were announced like 2-3 years ago out already.

That aside, yeah, the conversation Kojima had was actually quite lovely.