• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

It begins...
I'm super tempted to do a Nuzlocke Run of Pokémon R/S/E and name all the Pokémon after Skull Heart Users.

That sounds fun. I've never done a Nuzlocke run. Maybe I'll try it after I'm done with my Nostalgia run.

I've been dying to Nuzlocke White for a while now, but I can't find my copy :I

I tried X but it kept fizzling out due to lack of interest
but I like White a lot more than X so I know I could do it
BUT ALAS

I'm super tempted to do a Nuzlocke Run of Pokémon R/S/E and name all the Pokémon after Skull Heart Users.
That sounds hilarious, post the results here as you go?

:PUN:
va6emy9a.jpg

Is it cuz I keep dishin' out the jokes?

Reactions: Ktulu
is because he becomes something that resembles a stereotype?

It's because I love and hate you at the same time.

That's how I feel about the Lotad line as well.

Which mon will Mike Z be?

can I be the HM slave?

That sounds fun. I've never done a Nuzlocke run. Maybe I'll try it after I'm done with my Nostalgia run.
I honestly am curious at which pokemon would be me.

I have been told I would be a Numel.

I think I'm gonna do it. Yeeeaaah, this should be a lotta fun.
I'm gonna download a GBA Emulator and Pokémon Emerald ROM.
I gotta do some planning first though, I'll stay in touch.

I physically have every Pokemon game cartridge with the exception of soul silver (Which I'm not getting). I also have 2 Saphirres and THREE Blues for whatever reason.

Is there a reason you're not getting Soul Silver?

Is there a reason you're not getting Soul Silver?
Because I have heartgold and despise fourth generation anyways.

Also I would like to call dibs on a crawdaunt if you ever run into one.

name something after me and then name a second something after me
and then you have TWO Ruins
an acceptable amount of Ruins

Hold up, you guys talkin' to me right now? Hah, I haven't even started yet and you're already making requests!
I think I'll start tomorrow and I'll post screenshots as the journey goes on. Remember this is a Nuzlocke Challenge, so give me till the end of the day to pick the rules.

If you want my personal favorite
I'd tell you to go for classic rules with the Notepad addendum (can't replace anyone in your team unless there's a death or you'd be stuck otherwise)
I'd also say that if you don't want to be drowning in all of the same mon, you might want to do the Three Tries addendum too (where you get three tries to get something different if you encounter the same Mon repeatedly)

but that's just a suggestion, it's up to you, really.

Reactions: Denizen
Alright, before I go to bed here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take on a Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke Challenge. As I continue on this journey I will post updates with screenshots and descriptions on this thread.
Rules:
1. If a Pokémon faints they are considered dead and must be released.
2. Only the first Pokémon encountered in an area may be caught, Shiny Pokémon are the only exception.
3. Every Pokémon must be given a nickname and they must be based on members of the Skullgirls Community.
This includes forum users, competitive tournament players, and members of Lab Zero.
4. No fleeing from wild battles is allowed, we're tough here.
5. Three losses resulting in blackouts means game over.

Addendums:
1. If a duplicate Pokémon is encountered in an area then three tries are allowed to find a new Pokémon.
This is determined by Pokédex data and not by currently owned Pokémon.
2. The amount of Pokémon allowed to be caught in multilevel areas may be chosen arbitrarily, but also fairly.
3. Exceptions may be made to the above mentioned rules if it is absolutely necessary to continue the challenge.
EX: If no owned Pokémon are able to learn a Field Move required to progress then Rule #2 is allowed to be bent.

The updates will not follow any particular schedule, I have a life to work around so I'll update whenever I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Φ
Neatos; can't wait, dude.

Man, I can never for the life of me get very far in nuzlockes. Good luck on yours! I've always made a box in the PC titled "Graveyard" or "Valhalla" or something because I get too attached to my pokemonssss.

Reactions: Denizen
Man, I can never for the life of me get very far in nuzlockes. Good luck on yours!
Thanks, I'll make sure to name a Pokémon after you.

Remember the Two Ruins strat, Zen
It's flawless. If you have two Ruins, you'll still have one Ruin in the event of Ruin loss!

What if they both die?

Like that'll happen.
He's got TWO RUINS. It'll be a feat if even one dies.

Mhmmm, sure.
EDIT: WAIT, what if the two Ruins breed?

Having randomizer on and pick Shedinja is an instand win!
Goat-just-came-fuck-yeah.jpg

btw, what if your first pokemon in one area is a Nincada and you catch it and then evolve it?
Will you keep both Ninjask and Shedinja?

It's generally allowed due to the special circumstances, yeah
as far as I've seen, anyways

Randomizing is the only way I can Nuzlocke. The fact that there is such a large pool of stuff you can get from 3rd Gen onward makes it more interesting for me rather than just dealing with the Regional Dex. X/Y looks like it'd be fun for a normal one though, considering how far the Regional Dex spans across Generations.

Randomizing Trainer and Gym Leader Pokes can be fun too, but it's also a double edged sword. Sometimes you get insanely clutch moments like a trainer having 3 Legendaries, where otherwise you could end up with an Elite 4 that are carrying nothing but first stage pre-evolutions...

Last edited:
Reactions: +5 Necromancer
Yup, just look at Twitch plays pokémon. Stopped watching somewhere in HeartGold. But the delivery bird (Sparrow) from a mail quest was a Groudon instead! And in Firered I think they succesfully traded for a mew from one of the NPCs :P

I expect Denizen to end the challenge in a state similar to this:
Speaking of which, I got distracted by housework, Beowulf animation streams, and lasagna so I haven't started yet. I'm booting up the emulator as I type this post, the journey starts now.
More like tomorrow since that's when I'll post the first update.

Neatos.
Can't wait.