• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

poochyena.gif

For the pooch

Reactions: musica and Denizen
I've only ever played Red and Silver. Are the newer ones worth it? How should I go in order?

I would say go ahead and get X/Y if you have a 3DS, since that's gonna be the game that ΩR/αS takes after.

play literally every pokemon game you can get your hands on
even the bootlegs

Red JP, Green, Red US, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Colosseum, XD, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, ΩR, αS, in a row, no stopping, no that's not too many games at once, that's you being a whimp. Nuzlocke/drinking game optional.

:PUN:

Forget all of those.

And just play Pokemon Snap.

Reactions: Denizen
If you have the money, get one of each gen. Maby not gen 3 if you don't have advance. And finding Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald could be tricky. Soo wait on gen 3 reboot?

btw, on gen 5 I only got White and not White 2 (or black, black 2). Mainly becous the Wi-Fi got shut down and I didn't really see that much change (same pokémon on same map). Did I miss something major? I know you could battle like every gym leader there is and Kyurem has some sort of wierd fusion dance evolution with Zekrom and Reshiram. But exept that?

I will probably get white 2 in the future. When I find it really cheap.

I've discovered the secret to the GTS. Offer Baltoy > Get anything you want.

If you have the money, get one of each gen. Maby not gen 3 if you don't have advance. And finding Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald could be tricky. Soo wait on gen 3 reboot?

btw, on gen 5 I only got White and not White 2 (or black, black 2). Mainly becous the Wi-Fi got shut down and I didn't really see that much change (same pokémon on same map). Did I miss something major? I know you could battle like every gym leader there is and Kyurem has some sort of wierd fusion dance evolution with Zekrom and Reshiram. But exept that?

I will probably get white 2 in the future. When I find it really cheap.
Well, the region is roughly the same, except you start in some random unmapped town on the southeast part of the Unova region and essentially go backwards through the entire region. By backwards I mean the starting town in White 1 has level 60 pokemon IN THE GRASS. Also some major construction sites in White 1 are now complete and there's a battle maze thingy in White Forest. And new main characters. Other than thaaaaaat.... Yeah not much.

In other news... Pokecheck looks to ACTUALLY BE GETTING GEN 6 SUPPORT BY THE END OF THIS MONTH.

I've discovered the secret to the GTS. Offer Baltoy > Get anything you want.

Did the same thing with Primeape. I completed my national dex that way.

Reactions: Ktulu
Or you could just offer up a bunch of starters.

People eat Starters up like candy.

With a female Delphox, I could even breed ones with awsome moves.
If that makes anything better that is.

Or you could just offer up a bunch of starters.

People eat Starters up like candy.

Breed hundreds of starters for shinies -> complete your pokedex by trading them away on GTS

Win-win!

Does Vivillion have one shiny sprite or does it have one for every region?

Does Vivillion have one shiny sprite or does it have one for every region?
every region my friend, every region.

:PUN:

Hmm, I need more friends.
Dunno if it's against "da forum laws af d00m", but here's mine if someone is interested >.>

FC: 2165-7100-1345

Oh, I didn't see this here before...
if anyone's interested, I'll be
around...
FC: 1220-7352-2219

I'll add you two. Here's mine.

FC: 3995 - 6509 - 5911

I guess I'll share mine as well.

3523-2367-8167

Hmm, I need more friends.
Dunno if it's against "da forum laws af d00m", but here's mine if someone is interested >.>

FC: 2165-7100-1345
Oh, I didn't see this here before...
if anyone's interested, I'll be
around...
FC: 1220-7352-2219

Add both!!!

The others I already add by the friend code topic :D (some still need add back :D)

Metafogos

Friend code: 3840-5712-9363
Region: Brazil/São Paulo
Games for online play: Pokemon X/Y
Additional Info:
About Pokémon: FRIEND SAFARI Type: Fire. POKÉMONS: Magmar, Slugma, ?

Someone know what Pokémons I have in "my" Friend safari?
Or can you check it out somewhere on the internet?

btw, @Dr Otaku-Sensei. Your FC didn't work for me :/

Already posted my FC on the proper thread, but I suppose I'll stick it here too. Feel free to add.

0473-8305-4122

Someone know what Pokémons I have in "my" Friend safari?
Or can you check it out somewhere on the internet?

btw, @Dr Otaku-Sensei. Your FC didn't work for me :/
Strange, it should be right...
I'm not sure but there shouldn't be any area restrictions with
FC:s since my list is already filled with US codes.

I've now registered everyone back, let's battle once
I get my team ready :)

Last edited:
Looks like Sableye's mega ability is Magic Bounce. Does that bother anyone? Normally it would for me, but I think it's prankster ability will be in full affect on the first round.

Magic Bounce aw yiss.

Seems like they're planning to make the wall happen,
no more toxic or taunt to prevent recovery.
The standard Calm Mind Wall set might work wonders.

I'm glad to see more non-Psychic types getting that ability.

Wonder how it's stats are going to be re-allotted for the Mega. Regardless this is probably gonna make fighting them more difficult, cause I imagine people will still use normal Sableye solely for Prankster, so you're gonna have to wait for it's first action before finding out which one you are fighting.

Wonder how it's stats are going to be re-allotted for the Mega.

Higher defence + special defence, lower speed. Maybe a slight attack buff too.

Higher defence + special defence, lower speed. Maybe a slight attack buff too.

Site says Def and SpA bonuses and Speed drops.

I Think the 6 generation is to new to be compared with the 5. The history (and the oposed team of baddies) is worst, but normaly the great improveds in the "most things to do" comes in the last game of the generation (Pokémon Z?).

I think X/Y are lauched to early... one year to make all the 700+ pokémons in 3D form? I think they launch without a lot of things to launch. X/Y is the game with few legendary (3 news, and 4 returning), and without a new trinity (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres / Raikou, Entei, Suicune / Regice, Regirock, Registeel...) and I think is because they not have time to do.

Lets wait for the next games to see :D

I agree gen 4 wasn't that good, but worse then gen 1?

Gen 4 really didn't do much for me exept finally splitting moves into eather physical or special moves.
Exept that, much of the game wasn't memorial. The only thing I remembered was, E4 was very hard, and Cynthia, Galactic blowing up lakes to take some legendarys to get other legendarys, some of the legendarys. That's it!
The region or the citys wasn't much memorial, maby the hunted house and the ice palats. Look at Gen 3 and it has very many memorial places (like she say).

Gen 6 we are on now, is very good. But a bit dissapointing on some stuffs gen 5 had that didn't transfered into this gen. And my god, E4 is rediculusly easy. This is the only E4 witch I beat on my FIRST TRY. Maby Exp Share helped a bit on that, becous exp share once again made the whole team getting EXP soo you don't have a rediculus OP starter and the rest in the team is underleveled.
But the E4 also only had 4 pokemons each exept the champion. And the resturant Le wow is a much better exp farm place then E4 soo... :/

But hey, they had to design a whole region and over 700+ pokemons in 3D witch they have never done before (with my knowledge). And also introduced Mega evolution witch I acctually liked a lot :)

I liked Gen 4. Gen 3 is and will always be the best, but I feel Gen 4, and especially Platinum, were pretty fun.

By the way, i like the Hearth Gold / Soul Silver way: 16 gyns to beat is better to me then only 8. A lot more to do after the champion.

I liked Gen 4. Gen 3 is and will always be the best, but I feel Gen 4, and especially Platinum, were pretty fun.
platinum was basically what saved gen 4 alongside the gold and silver remakes.

I will agree that diamond and pearl felt beyond slow but platinum felt better paced.