• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

This'll forever be my favorite BGM.

NO STOP IT! I don't need tears right now! STAHP!

This will forever be my favorite character battle theme. The bass in this theme is too godlike.

Reactions: Vote4Pedro
You scrubs know nothing about Pokemon themes. Not that this is the best, but it's something that has stuck in my head since hearing because it's so orgasmically good:

best poketheme is this

I fucking hate you, Regirock.

And since someone mentioned Ecruteak City earlier (YESH), I figure I may as well post the FamilyJules7X cover of it too. 'Tis awsum as well :D

You n' me both, Sano. I don't have the time (or effort) for all that EV/IV crap.
I will admit... I hate myself for learning about EV training. Now that I know about it, it feels wrong to train my Pokemon any other way (it's like becoming aware of your blinking/breathing/chewing). I don't do it for all of my Pokemon, though, and I usually do it while multi-tasking. It takes a while, but you become attached when you put in that much time and care. I'm actually proud of my Pokemon when it beats a tough opponent, and it's the closest I'll ever feel to being a real life Pokemon Trainer. ;-;

Gen V has a lot of great music, but if I'm gonna plug something, it'd have to be this:
I never knew I could love a route this much...

Gen V has a lot of great music, but if I'm gonna plug something, it'd have to be this:
I never knew I could love a route this much...

This reminds me SO MUCH of something from another game, but I DO NOT KNOW WHAT. AAARGHH.

I will admit... I hate myself for learning about EV training. Now that I know about it, it feels wrong to train my Pokemon any other way (it's like becoming aware of your blinking/breathing/chewing). I don't do it for all of my Pokemon, though, and I usually do it while multi-tasking. It takes a while, but you become attached when you put in that much time and care. I'm actually proud of my Pokemon when it beats a tough opponent, and it's the closest I'll ever feel to being a real life Pokemon Trainer. ;-;

I used to hate learning about the whole IV and EV thing, but it's really quite fun after I get into it. I see a challenge or goal (Like a pokemon that I want a part of my team from fighting a trainer and seeing its uses) and then I immediately delve myself into making it a reality. The perfect pokebreeder... It makes me feel the most connected to pokemon. I'm really looking forward tot he pokemon Amie and how I can use that to further strengthen my connection

Started Pokemon Gold about a week ago, trained my Togetic to level 71 and Bayleef to level 50.

This reminds me SO MUCH of something from another game, but I DO NOT KNOW WHAT. AAARGHH.
Oh god, that's one of the worst feels in the world...

I used to hate learning about the whole IV and EV thing, but it's really quite fun after I get into it. I see a challenge or goal (Like a pokemon that I want a part of my team from fighting a trainer and seeing its uses) and then I immediately delve myself into making it a reality. The perfect pokebreeder... It makes me feel the most connected to pokemon. I'm really looking forward tot he pokemon Amie and how I can use that to further strengthen my connection
For me, it started with breeding Pokemon for moves. It was just for fun (and making the most out of TMs), but after a while I started reading those "Pokemon of the Week" articles on Serebii and went from there. The one thing I won't do is breed for IVs because I can't check those and I don't have THAT much patience. It's hard enough getting certain Pokemon to have the right gender, ability, and nature, all in one.

I hope you get to make the food items for Pokemon Amie. I never cared much for the contests, but making Pokeblocks and Poffin was super addictive. It's also going to be nice to have some interaction with your Pokemon again. Having your lead Pokemon follow you around and being able to talk to it in HG/SS was freaking adorable. It did make evolving some Pokemon even harder than normal, though...

For me, it started with breeding Pokemon for moves. It was just for fun (and making the most out of TMs), but after a while I started reading those "Pokemon of the Week" articles on Serebii and went from there. The one thing I won't do is breed for IVs because I can't check those and I don't have THAT much patience. It's hard enough getting certain Pokemon to have the right gender, ability, and nature, all in one.

I hope you get to make the food items for Pokemon Amie. I never cared much for the contests, but making Pokeblocks and Poffin was super addictive. It's also going to be nice to have some interaction with your Pokemon again. Having your lead Pokemon follow you around and being able to talk to it in HG/SS was freaking adorable. It did make evolving some Pokemon even harder than normal, though...

It started with natures for me actually. How it began doesn't really matter though... you see how I am now... it's horrifying.

And I admit that poffin making was ridiculously fun... Was there anything like that in gen 5? See they took out all the fun little side stuff in gen 5 :( Like berry-farming, poffin making and stuff. Though I feel like I'm missing something... The musicals were disgusting...

Thanks guys you have me listening to Pokemon music
I want to sob into a pillow and have a root beer float or something.

All good choices but this is one of my favorites:
Other notable awesome song include
RBY Route 2
RSE credits
Mt. Pyre Outside
Canalave City
Cyrus theme
N theme
RBY Route 2

and others but these are all great.

Lol so just looking up pokemon stuff and look at this shit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-PIK...528?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53fcb7f3e8

Pokemon-Pikachu-Illustrator.JPG

The most expensive collectible card in the existence of collectible cards. Only 6 in existence. One of which is held in the Pokemon Headquarters so there's really only 5 somewhere.

I really can't belittle others for being willing to invest large sums of their own hard-earned money on a hobby, but that seems like quite a lot for a trading card. In my possession, that kind of spare money would go towards something else, like a car...

...or a life-sized chocolate statue of a top-hatted Double...

You know, practical things! ;)

i wish i had even half of that card's price

i could get a cheap car/motorcycle/anything that lets me not have to use public transport

have ninty released any details about how streetpass will function in pokemon xy yet?

would be really cool if you could do trades or set up teams to send across for other players to battle.

have ninty released any details about how streetpass will function in pokemon xy yet?

would be really cool if you could do trades or set up teams to send across for other players to battle.

How the bloody hell would that work over Streetpass? Sending your team to fight the other person? I can just see it now... One dude just walking around a whole convention center, an Uber team safely tucked into his pocket, sleeping, but sending out his team as challenges like virus, an epidemic throughout the ENTIRE center.

"Hey Billy! Wanna trade Pokemon?!"
"Sure Jimmy! That sounds swell! Lemme just pull out my 3DS XL that I pre-ordered and got on release date because my parents are filthy rich!"
*Uber Streetpass walks by*
"Hey! My Pokemon game is automatically battling a trainer that seemed to have walked by! But... How do I stop it? There's no exit button... I can't even control my pokemon! He's destroying my team! All I can do is watch as the AI of my pokemon are too stupid to fight back! STOP USING EARTHQUAKE ON THAT LEVITATING BRONZONG! NooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And everyone was sad.

>Mega Excadrill
>fuck

>yfw his ability will be different
>yfw Excadrill will still be better than his Megalution as a result.

Oh, well alright then. As an Eeveelution enthusiast (soon to be Eeveemegalution enthusiast), I REALLY hope Flareon gets a more physical driven moveset or gets some new physical moves through its Mega Evolution. Ninty pls. It's so hard to use, it's depressing.

How the bloody hell would that work over Streetpass? Sending your team to fight the other person? I can just see it now... One dude just walking around a whole convention center, an Uber team safely tucked into his pocket, sleeping, but sending out his team as challenges like virus, an epidemic throughout the ENTIRE center.

"Hey Billy! Wanna trade Pokemon?!"
"Sure Jimmy! That sounds swell! Lemme just pull out my 3DS XL that I pre-ordered and got on release date because my parents are filthy rich!"
*Uber Streetpass walks by*
"Hey! My Pokemon game is automatically battling a trainer that seemed to have walked by! But... How do I stop it? There's no exit button... I can't even control my pokemon! He's destroying my team! All I can do is watch as the AI of my pokemon are too stupid to fight back! STOP USING EARTHQUAKE ON THAT LEVITATING BRONZONG! NooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And everyone was sad.

the exact same way that it works in fire emblem awakening.

Say... still no leaked "version exclusive" pokémon list? that's the only thing preventing me from perordering

if such a thing is released then please spoiler it.
I want to go into this game pure as a maiden.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Oh, well alright then. As an Eeveelution enthusiast (soon to be Eeveemegalution enthusiast), I REALLY hope Flareon gets a more physical driven moveset or gets some new physical moves through its Mega Evolution. Ninty pls. It's so hard to use, it's depressing.

Guys guys! Let's not take this whole EVERY POKEMON GETS A MEGALUTION thing seriously. It could very well have been a translation error. Because holy fuck that's over 700 DIFFERENT MEGASTONES to collect. That's absolutely ludicrous and unrealistic. I can imagine they meant they WANTED to give one to every pokemon but were unable to because holy fuck where the hell are we going to put all these damn stones within the world? Better have yourself a MegaBackpack.

P.S. Thumbs up for the Mighty No. 9 support.

Where did the "Every Pokemon is getting a Megavolution" rumor come from anyways? This is the only place I've seen it mentioned and it seems way too extreme to be true.

Giving that many Pokemon the ability to Mega Evolve would make the novelty wear off really fast. You also have to consider just how many new Mega Pokemon they'd have to create for this... let's assume 100+ (it's probably over 200 but I don't feel like counting). A new generation already means new Pokemon, and we usually get 100~150 new Pokemon per generation. I don't see them putting in the effort to create 100+ new forms when they're already creating 100+ new Pokemon.

Realistically, I only see a couple dozen (if even that many) Pokemon getting Mega forms. We'll probably see a few older Pokemon getting straight up evolutions, though.

As I looked for a source on that I found that there was a leak a few hours ago.
into hiding I go

Guys guys! Let's not take this whole EVERY POKEMON GETS A MEGALUTION thing seriously. It could very well have been a translation error. Because holy fuck that's over 700 DIFFERENT MEGASTONES to collect. That's absolutely ludicrous and unrealistic. I can imagine they meant they WANTED to give one to every pokemon but were unable to because holy fuck where the hell are we going to put all these damn stones within the world? Better have yourself a MegaBackpack.

P.S. Thumbs up for the Mighty No. 9 support.
Wouldn't the problem be designing all those evolutions and not putting all those megastones in the game?
I mean, you can handle the collectible megastone thing in plenty of ways. Like what if all the megastones looked the same, but played the cry of the pokemon you're supposed to use it on when you select it in your inventory? And to solve the inventory thing, there could be a carrying case? The rest of it is just hiding stones via that cheap invisible item trick, or allowing you to buy stones, or something- this really isn't the problem here.
Although I'm skeptical as well, it's not like it's impossible, it just doesn't sound like something they're going to do.
The only problem I have with them not mega-evolving every pokemon is if they don't give megas to every pokemon, then that whole "mega evolutions happen when your heart is in-sync with your pokemon and you love him and stuff" thing is gonna be awkward when I summon vileplume and she doesn't love me enough to mega evolve.

Where did the "Every Pokemon is getting a Megavolution" rumor come from anyways? This is the only place I've seen it mentioned and it seems way too extreme to be true.

Giving that many Pokemon the ability to Mega Evolve would make the novelty wear off really fast. You also have to consider just how many new Mega Pokemon they'd have to create for this... let's assume 100+ (it's probably over 200 but I don't feel like counting). A new generation already means new Pokemon, and we usually get 100~150 new Pokemon per generation. I don't see them putting in the effort to create 100+ new forms when they're already creating 100+ new Pokemon.

Realistically, I only see a couple dozen (if even that many) Pokemon getting Mega forms. We'll probably see a few older Pokemon getting straight up evolutions, though.

Unfortunately... the first evolution of the gen 6 starters have individual megalutions... So it's not even JUST the fully evolved forms of pokemon D: omfg Only MegaArceus has the power to hold back the newly revealed MegaGarchomp... Why? D:

FAIRY FACTS! (All those who don't want to see, look away now.

Fairy type:
Super effective on: Fighting, Dark and Dragon (I guess those are the sinister, conflict types that fairy is good on)
Not very effective on: Fire, Poison and Steel (Wtf? What's the connection here? Any guesses?)
Weak against: Poison, Steel (Ha! Hardly ever used offensively)
Strong against: Fighting, Dark, Bug
Immune to: Dragon (Literally the Dragon Slayer this type is.)

Uh....hm. Well Steel got yet another resistance, great. I foresee Iron Tail on more Dragon teams now, and less Outrage. Scizor with Bullet Punch can be the bug type savior against fairies, I guess.

And only two weaknesses? And they are stupid rare (for now) as in being used as attack moves. Fairy/Steel type, I beseech thee, become my team's tank.

Uh....hm. Well Steel got yet another resistance, great. I foresee Iron Tail on more Dragon teams now, and less Outrage. Scizor with Bullet Punch can be the bug type savior against fairies, I guess.

I was about to say that. Scizor will become almost necessary on dragon teams now. His uses are incredible now.

>Clawsome has an Lv. 1 Adamant Shiny Scizor that his friend gave him a few months back
>no EXP on it
>has Pokerus
>has Bullet Punch
> next Pokemon to be EV Trained has been targeted.

>Clawsome has an Lv. 1 Adamant Shiny Scizor that his friend gave him a few months back
>no EXP on it
>has Pokerus
>has Bullet Punch
> next Pokemon to be EV Trained has been targeted.
How have you not trained a Scizor ever before now...

Say... still no leaked "version exclusive" pokémon list? that's the only thing preventing me from perordering
Dont even look for a new region list. just jump in blind. thats the best way to play pokemon!

rip random steel-types

dat nerf

Yeah supposedly, Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost. So in this new generation it loses two resistances (dark and ghost) but gains another (Fairy)

Fairy's gonna be epic.

How have you not trained a Scizor ever before now...

Too busy with EV Training these guys:

image.jpg

Wait, Steel lost Dark and Ghost resistances? Bronzong and Metagross, please report to the "You're fucked" department for further instructions.

Exactly! Those two just got a HUGE nerf. Nintendo finally did the right thing! They took the two most broken types (Steel and Dragon) and seriously nerfed them to be more balanced. Let's see, what other pokemon are largely affected by this transition? Sableye and Spiritomb now have a weakness to Fairy. Gengar can now very much plow through defensive walls like Forretress and Skarmory with simply a Shadow Ball.

Poor Hydreigon now has a 4x weakness. Fairy = Hydreigon wall.