• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Perhaps so but like I mentioned before it is just for fun, if it wasn't you can bet I wouldn't so much as touch Flareon, I have Arcanine for flare blitz shenanigans. I just like the idea of Flareon being a living bomb, destroying as much as it can before it ultimately kills itself =p
what are you doing?! gotta play like da top MLG pokemon masters yo! stealth rock and rain! gotta get dem perfect IVs.

what are you doing?! gotta play like da top MLG pokemon masters yo! stealth rock and rain! gotta get dem perfect IVs.
I do go along with that stuff =p doesn't mean I don't want to make a fun/gimicky team time to time.

I do go along with that stuff =p doesn't mean I don't want to make a fun/gimicky team time to time.
Awww yeah. I'm putting together a gimmicky teams right now that focuses around statusing the opponent with either Toxic Spikes, or paralysis (for the steel, poison and flying types that snoff at the spikes) and then equipping as many pokemon I can with Hex or Venoshock or something of that sort.

Yes, it's walled by Heal Bell, but honestly, anyone who is even the slightest bit casual doesn't pack Heal Bell.

Omg first shiny! I was EV training and I ran into a shiny Swablu during a horde encounter! Yippee!

Anyone happen to have a hidden ability (Harvest) Phantump? Preferably female, but as long as it has the hidden ability it's fine. The only good remotely good thing I have to offer are 3-4 IV Modest Ralts. I could also breed some Magician Braixen, but no guarantees on the IV's.

Anyone happen to have a hidden ability (Harvest) Phantump? Preferably female, but as long as it has the hidden ability it's fine. The only good remotely good thing I have to offer are 3-4 IV Modest Ralts. I could also breed some Magician Braixen, but no guarantees on the IV's.
Oh well damn I just happened to be breeding those today
I'd be happy to trade some for whatever

I'd love to trade right now, but it's late and I'm a little busy. I'll get back to you tomorrow though.
If you're breeding, and happen to have a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Harvest Phantump, I'd gladly give you a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Ralts.
Otherwise I'll take whatever else.

And then I left 2 top 4 sandshrews in the day care hoping that I get a top 5 mixing both creatures' best stats. After 30 nothing better than other top 4 with the wrong ability arrived...

Project SAND is difficult

And then I left 2 top 4 sandshrews in the day care hoping that I get a top 5 mixing both creatures' best stats. After 30 nothing better than other top 4 with the wrong ability arrived...

I know that feel.
Left 2 4IV Scyther after using a ditto for a while, like 20-30 eggs later, nothing but 2-3IV Pokemon with varying abilities.
I finally got a 5IV technician Scyther though and replaced one of the parents and have since gotten 2 more. Keep trying, you'll get it eventually. @__@

I've got 5 IV Field egg group spits (Wooper) if you would like to borrow it for your egg producing needs. It's male so no worry about that. So long as your female has the right nature, everything will be great.

Lemme know!

@MagicManCooker I'm on now if you are for our trade.
Edit: Also need your in game name. Mine is Dan. (assuming I already have you registered)

i found this fan art of the x and y professor on da

professor_sycamore_kill_la_kill_by_the_espee-d6ren0d.jpg

Professor-Sycamore-Kill-la-Kill-408829693

and heres another one

whom_will_you_choose__trainer__by_hasegawavega-d6qhcag.jpg

The sad thing is I'm probably the most proactive breeder in this thread who is also willing to just give shit to people who ask for it. I don't not have Duke's or Trevor's sadly, I'm bad at organizing myself and getting friend codes. I typically just add people as they need things. Regardless, I have a perfect IVd pokemon for every water group as well as field and monster so I won't have to worry about not having a water safari, it's all good. I'm able to chain breed IVs to various egg groups as I need them.

Anyways, you wouldn't happen to have a Kabuto would you?
bravo bravo

Reactions: Rellek
@MagicManCooker I'm on now if you are for our trade.
Edit: Also need your in game name. Mine is Dan. (assuming I already have you registered)
Yeah, I do need your friend code.
I got a Phantump with those IVs too.
And my name is just Shawn on the 3DS.

Yeah, I do need your friend code.
I got a Phantump with those IVs too.
And my name is just Shawn on the 3DS.

FC: 5026-4430-7953

Alright! My team is officially complete so if you guys were ok with it, I'd like to have a battle or two :D I don't know if I can say for sure my success rate on the gimmick, but it seems fine as is. Lemme know!

Also, a cool idea for a pokemon (or a fakemon of some kind, I don't care):

Viralon: The Virus Pokemon
Electric/Poison
Ability: Adaptability/Volt Absorb/Protean
Movepool: Consists of status spreading moves, draining and recovery moves. Also Camouflage.
Stats: Total roughly at 450-475, High HP, SpD, and Spe. Relatively weak everything else.

Just thought I'd share that because I imagined a virus like on the computer and also a virus in the form of an illness. Kinda cool type combo.

So I finally found the shiny Pumpkaboo I was looking for, problem is I want to evolve it. (Hate trade evolutions so much.) I also found a shiny Shuppet and Golurk that I don't want so I'm willing to make a deal. If anyone helps me evolve it I'll give them either the Shuppet or Golurk.

The Shuppet is Docile w/Insomnia and the Golurk is Impish w/No Guard and it's holding a Light Clay.

My friend code is: 4141 - 1961 - 1711

Last edited:
So I finally found the shiny Pumpkaboo I was looking for, problem is I want to evolve it. (Hate trade evolutions so much.) I also found a shiny Shuppet and Golurk that I don't want so I'm willing to make a deal. If anyone helps me evolve it I'll give them either the Shuppet or Golurk.

The Shuppet is Docile w/Insomnia and the Golurk is Impish w/No Guard and it's holding a Light Clay.

My friend code is: 4141 - 1961 - 1711

You don't have to give me anything dude :P I'll just evolve it no problem. Lemme know through pm when we're doing this thing.
FC: 0232 8319 4102

Project SAND complete! Project PANG started, project AMPH and TYR in planning stages. After that I think I will only need a scizor and a fire creature.

Yeah... It will be a bulky team

Wait, so project SAND was a single pokemon?

Thank you GTS and your magical ability to give me the Pokemon with the same ability and nature I want :P
Also, I bred a bunch of Larvitars with Dragon Dance, anybody want one?

Thank you GTS and your magical ability to give me the Pokemon with the same ability and nature I want :P
yo! save me one!

Project SAND complete! Project PANG started, project AMPH and TYR in planning stages. After that I think I will only need a scizor and a fire creature.

Yeah... It will be a bulky team
So your team is:
Sandslash
Pangoro (?)
Ampharos
Tyranitar
Scizor
Fire Pokemon (Who should be heatran, I can't even think of another fire type with any sandstorm synergy...)

Which is really weird... Why sandslash over excadrill? Pangoro and Ampharos are random...

In my day, we called that Pokegen.

I'll take one.
I'll actually take 2 if you're willing to breed one with pursuit.
I've got Scythers, Pinsirs, Larvestas, Chanseys if you don't care about the SpAtk stat since you'll never use it if you run Seismic Toss (it's taking way too long to pass that onto them, I've probably hatched 200+ chanseys after getting perfect parents, the RNG hates me.)

So your team is:
Sandslash
Pangoro (?)
Ampharos
Tyranitar
Scizor
Fire Pokemon (Who should be heatran, I can't even think of another fire type with any sandstorm synergy...)

Which is really weird... Why sandslash over excadrill? Pangoro and Ampharos are random...

(it's taking way too long to pass that onto them, I've probably hatched 200+ chanseys after getting perfect parents, the RNG hates me.)

I think he kind of felt like putting his fav pokemon into a somewhat viable team which he previously encouraged us to do in the first place. I mean, I did and I'm hella happy with the scary synergy that they all have together. While Heatran would be the best pokemon to put on that team, it's hella ugly and whoever likes Heatran for anything other than battling just isn't right :P I digress.

Don't worry about that Chansey btw, it's no big deal. I probbbly won't ever use it anyways.

So your team is:
Sandslash
Pangoro (?)
Ampharos
Tyranitar
Scizor

Sandslash is my favorite, Pangoro is the new gen pojémon that i liked the most, mega ampharos is fabulous, tyranitar makes sandslash useful, scizor is cool AND works in a sandstorm and I ALWAYS started a pokémon game using a fire starter, so it's almost the norm (there's no way to get a cyndaquil, so whatever non-charizard thing i get will have to work)

ME! ME! ME!

I can make top5 sandshrews if you guys want. it's in the nature group, so i breeds easily

pfft. Can't beat mega-alakazam's glorious majestic beard.

yo! save me one!
I'll take one.
I'll actually take 2 if you're willing to breed one with pursuit.
Well, I guess I'll make a "save for trading" box now. Uh, does anyone want specific natures for it? Because I only got one for adament and was greedy.
ME! ME! ME!

I can make top5 sandshrews if you guys want. it's in the nature group, so i breeds easily
I'm unfamiliar with sandshrew's abilities in battle, what do you use it for?
I could probably provide that fire type, seeing as how I recently got a gale wings Fletchling. Or wait, weren't you the one who asked for a Larvesta? I still got a couple of those left. Hmm... but now I'm breeding for an adament Torchic with Speed Boost (getting a female one is going to be a pain).

You know, I think I'm going to be a breeder, but the "that guy" breeder. The one that only focuses on moves and abilities just to give away most of the hatches. For example:
Tyrunts with dragon dance and the elemental bite attacks
Marvel Scale Dratinis
Gooey Sliggoos (By the way does anybody know an effective Goodra set?)
Quick Feet Shroomish(s?)
Huge Power Bunnelbys
Moody Snorunts (while banned does evolve into a legal hidden ability with Froslass)
etc.

You know, I think I'm going to be a breeder, but the "that guy" breeder. The one that only focuses on moves and abilities just to give away most of the hatches. For example:
Tyrunts with dragon dance and the elemental bite attacks
Marvel Scale Dratinis
Gooey Sliggoos (By the way does anybody know an effective Goodra set?)
Quick Feet Shroomish(s?)
Huge Power Bunnelbys
Moody Snorunts (while banned does evolve into a legal hidden ability with Froslass)
etc.
Spot's already taken dude :P

But, for Goodra there's a couple sets that are pretty good. Most notably the special attacking set that features a wide range of moves for some decent coverage. There's also the special defensive set that focuses more on walling certain pokemon and phazing. Up to you.

SP ATK set:
Flamethrower/Fireblast
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Draco Meteor
Depending on how much offense/defense you want there's a choice between Choice Specs/Assault vest, More SpAtk EVs/SpD EVs, and Modest/Quiet nature. All out attack would be the former of all those options.

SP DEF set:
Dragon pulse
Flamethrower/Fire blast
Thunderbolt/Toxic
Toxic/Dragon Tail
With Lefties for maximum stay-in time. EVs into HP, SpD and SpA. Those are the best ones I could find. He's not exactly a very good supportmon and needs a lot of partners to help with physical pokemon and entry hazards. Not a really great pokemon.

Also, DIGGERSBY THO

Whelp, after roughly 20 hours of post-game breeding and a bunch of simulated battles on Showdown, I'm pretty sure I hate competitive Pokemon. This shit sucks, god damn.

Whelp, after roughly 20 hours of post-game breeding and a bunch of simulated battles on Showdown, I'm pretty sure I hate competitive Pokemon. This shit sucks, god damn.
It's probably because you lost. When you win in competitive pokemon, you tend to love it.

It's probably because you lost. When you win in competitive pokemon, you tend to love it.
I win about as much as I lose (that's when using new Pokemon. Before, I used to win more often than I lost). The thing I can't deal with is spending hours on end breeding on top of spending all my time learning about every Poke that's gonna be in my tier. Before when I was just doing online simulations I found it really fun, but now that I'm putting in the work doing the actual breeding, it just put a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think it's worth it for me.

I win about as much as I lose (that's when using new Pokemon. Before, I used to win more often than I lost). The thing I can't deal with is spending hours on end breeding on top of spending all my time learning about every Poke that's gonna be in my tier. Before when I was just doing online simulations I found it really fun, but now that I'm putting in the work doing the actual breeding, it just put a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think it's worth it for me.
Oh bummer... I'm sorry man :( Maybe you're more of a results kind of person while the process of building a good team takes time and dedication. I dunno, maybe, but I certainly like breeding more than battling. Why make war when you can make love instead?

Folow the Duke's way then: pick your favorites, do your best to make them minimally competitive and even if you lose, you'll put up a fight using pokémons that are in your heart, not in a goddamn spreadsheet.

Folow the Duke's way then: pick your favorites, do your best to make them minimally competitive and even if you lose, you'll put up a fight using pokémons that are in your heart, not in a goddamn spreadsheet.
This way sounds lovely. Maybe I'll try it in a bit. I just can't go back to riding up and down the street waiting for that damn Egg man to turn around right now.

But then again, I am the kind of guy that likes all his dudes to be perfected up... God damn IV training... I can't tell you how many Ditto's I've caught, looking for that one with 5 perfect IVs. And then I want Shiny versions of my competitive 5IV Pokemon, with the right nature and ability. Good lord, this game.

Well, I guess I'll make a "save for trading" box now. Uh, does anyone want specific natures for it? Because I only got one for adament and was greedy.

Tyranitar is a sp. wall, specially using assault vest. Still, its special attack is pretty bad, so you can use an adamant mega tyranitar for the attack/overall stats boost or a careful tyranitar with assault vest for maximum special defense.

I'm unfamiliar with sandshrew's abilities in battle, what do you use it for?

Sand veil gives it 20% evasion during sandstorm, Sand rush doubles its speed. You can use its rapid spin to clear the field of traps while the enemy is busy switching or use it in a full assault if you can increase even more his evasion.

Still, he is sandstorm dependant, and that's why tyranitar is his perfect waifu/husbando unless you like that aberration called hippodown.

And since Excadrill was banned last gen (he's still being judged on this one), he's a "legal" alternative.

All in all, it's a pretty so-so creature, but it's my favorite. It looks agressive without looking out-of-place in the pokémon universe (like the regis robots or the goddamn keychain). Actually, its design is so "balanced", it'd work pretty well as a monster in dragon quest, final fantasy, the Tales series... and if you add more aggressive/rabid traits (or a penis joke) it'd fit SMT universe too.

I could probably provide that fire type, seeing as how I recently got a gale wings Fletchling. Or wait, weren't you the one who asked for a Larvesta? I still got a couple of those left. Hmm... but now I'm breeding for an adament Torchic with Speed Boost (getting a female one is going to be a pain).

got some fire safaris too ^^ I'm thinking on passing Matoya's (my dephox) legacy on and make a magician Delphox. the only problem is that the ability only works once in the entire match (Magician = steal enemy's item when attacking) and she's pretty frail (the typing doesn't help: dark is chewed up and spitted out by darks).

Now that we're talking about fire typesSaw a volcarona on that game and she looks way less "imposing" than she was in B/W. something with the proportions on the 3d model. I think i'll capture one in the safari and see how it fares.

Maybe in a future event i'll get my typhlosion. it balance its weakenesses well using thunder and ice punch.

Also, a small warning: blaziken is banned in competitive play (according to smogon, it could get attack+2 and speed+1 in 1 turn and wreak havoc in almost any team not prepared specifically against it while getting faster and faster nonstop)

Still, thank you kindly for the help

Tyranitar is a sp. wall, specially using assault vest. Still, its special attack is pretty bad, so you can use an adamant mega tyranitar for the attack/overall stats boost or a careful tyranitar with assault vest for maximum special defense.

got some fire safaris too ^^ I'm thinking on passing Matoya's (my dephox) legacy on and make a magician Delphox. the only problem is that the ability only works once in the entire match (Magician = steal enemy's item when attacking) and she's pretty frail (the typing doesn't help: dark is chewed up and spitted out by darks).

Also, a small warning: blaziken is banned in competitive play (according to smogon, it could get attack+2 and speed+1 in 1 turn and wreak havoc in almost any team not prepared specifically against it while getting faster and faster nonstop)

I don't know why or how, but my team gives Tyranitar the hardest possible time ever... It wasn't even intended. So I don't have to worry about that stuff :P

Also, Magician Delphox can do some damage too ya know. You could Switcharoo all the items on the opponent's team (should you gain the opportunity to) and screw everything up lol. That's the kind of strategy I'd like to use when I can get Trick on my Chandelure.

Haze Tentacruel is the closest thing you can get to a counter to Speed Boost Blaziken. Just Haze away all its stat changes every turn, get in a Scald or two, if you can toxic it, great, and its typing makes it resistant to both Blaziken's stabs.

Okay.... um, that didn't really answer my question but thanks. I mean, do you want a specific nature? I was saying if you were looking for an adamant, I don't have one to offer, but there's still a box full of dragon dancers and there's bound to be one you're looking for.