• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Now wouldn't that direct be a lot cooler if we didn't get a fucking leak.
Leak: It Exists

Direct: It Exists

the only difference was literally a day, there wasnt even gameplay footage.

Reactions: Wenzel
tumblr_o35va4cY121qfyz1jo1_1280.png

So it IS going to be a new generation I guess?

I thought the new languages were nice, the Pokemon team have been pushing hard to have everyone be connected with these games and that's cool. (Let's just hope they get Volcanion out here before these release huh? ;P)

WHO'S READY FOR NO GUARD FISSURE COMBOS

Actually it is kinda weird because those pokes are ONLY transferable to S&M. I mean I'm sure it has something to do with the whole special attack, abilities, and other crap didn't exist on top of glitches up the b-hole that'd make the whole process go crazy.

But I'm prayin for Missingno. lmao. (Make it a unique typing Glitch too, who cares we in Gen 7 now)

Reactions: missingno
One of the major advantage to transfer is confere some of the 151 original ones with powers and TMs then only learn in the first generation. This can open new egg chains to certain moves.

And maybe something special for then if tranfered to the S&M games later.

Someone needs to check if the glitchs still occurs... I think they correct all bugs.

But maybe... only maybe... Missingno can be caught and go to gen 7. This can be the a point to only be tranfered to the S&M

Last edited:
Reactions: missingno
Doesn't each new gen have protections against importing mons with moves they aren't supposed to have anymore

Doesn't each new gen have protections against importing mons with moves they aren't supposed to have anymore

Nope... at last, nope from Ruby/Saphire, de oldest ones who can be carried up to actual gen

pls game freak this is your chance to make best pokemon canon

pls

Some people are complaining about a lot of "non finished histories" in XY, and a lack of a Z game to complete. So, are rumoring about Sun and Moon will be something like Gold and Silver: A new place, but after winning the Elite, the old place (Kalos) will be open. Can make some sense with all the Zygard history, Magiarna and Volcanion, the "Mega" Greninja...

Actually all glitches are 100% in tact from the original releases, it's confirmed. Missingno and the lesser known Mew glitch is completely intact and just like they were back in the day. Do they work with the bank? ...Uh actually I think that only goes into effect tomorrow so I dunno.

But yeah some pokemons are probably gonna get moves they've not had since 20 years ago. I think Chansey evolving into serene grace Blissey with tri-attack and a 40% chance to burn, freeze, or paralyze sounds good. It's even STAB boosted too!

Well apparently Bank will only let you transfer gen I to gen VII, not VI, so we'll have to wait a while to see what happens there.

As for newly possible sets, No Guard Fissure Machamp is going to be a thing. Have fun with that!

As for newly possible sets, No Guard Fissure Machamp is going to be a thing. Have fun with that!

No Guard Fissure Machamp is going to be a thing. Have fun with that!

No Guard Fissure Machamp

And that, class, is how Machamp got its ass on the Anything Goes tier. Any questions?

And that, class, is how Machamp got its ass on the Anything Goes tier. Any questions?
Doesn't Smogon flat ban OHKO moves though

Well it's called ANYTHING GOES for a reason dontcha know

(It's even funnier when you think the one tier it'd work in ultimately fails because it's using a ground move against a tier primarily made for an ultimate flying type pokemon with a stab boosted super effective move against it)

Actually all glitches are 100% in tact from the original releases, it's confirmed. Missingno and the lesser known Mew glitch is completely intact and just like they were back in the day. Do they work with the bank? ...Uh actually I think that only goes into effect tomorrow so I dunno.

But yeah some pokemons are probably gonna get moves they've not had since 20 years ago. I think Chansey evolving into serene grace Blissey with tri-attack and a 40% chance to burn, freeze, or paralyze sounds good. It's even STAB boosted too!

Maybe they erase the glitches... this is not an "original release" no more... the comunication mechanic are changed. Correct the know glitches can be easy to do.

But maybe they want oficialize Missingno, and if you transfere one to Gen VII, he will get finally his post in the nº 0 and a moveset. Maybe... The others Glitches can be a problem for a game who can transfer to the bank in the future, like infinite numbers of Mewtwo...

Well apparently Bank will only let you transfer gen I to gen VII, not VI, so we'll have to wait a while to see what happens there.

I bet they dont want tranfer to gen VI because the possibilities to transfer the Gen I with the Gen I moveset and TM learned can open an infinite possibilities of new egg moves and egg chains to all the 700+ pokemons. But to do it in the Gen 6, they need make more patch in the games to allow the chains. Is more easly create the new list of the eggmoves/chains with the new gen 7 moves too.

For now, everything indicate a imediate transfer from I to VII, using the Bank but without allowing us to put the gen I in the boxes and after that move to VII. Maybe the transfer to VII will be a way to put all convertion powers in the VII sistem, to convert the GEN I to standart Gen VII with all things who not has in I (natures, abilities, Special Split, happiness) and, after that, alloying us to finally transfer to the bank by the normal way. This metod inviabilizes the transfer to the gen 6.

12798994_1066486280038358_9163948146357270477_n.jpg

12801489_1066486293371690_7957545695589216011_n.jpg

Smogon does, yes, so they're good. But Game Freak's official rulesets will be fucked because they adamantly refuse to ever ban anything that's not a cover or event legendary. (And conversely, always ban those even if Phione is not ever going to be a problem for anyone)

Smogon does, yes, so they're good. But Game Freak's official rulesets will be fucked because they adamantly refuse to ever ban anything that's not a cover or event legendary. (And conversely, always ban those even if Phione is not ever going to be a problem for anyone)

Game Freak already banned Chatter and Dark Void for a time. Chatter in not a problem anymore, and Dark Void is easly to ban the Darkai hinself :P

Lets try to make Game Freaks officialize Missingno as the Pokemon nº 0 :D

Define "fine".

Define "fine".
wow I'm right here I can hear you y'know

Define "fine".
Uhh... Can be a fine concept if applied effectively in the next gen?

I can only guess on how they're going to sort out IVs when transferring Pokemon from Gen I to VII(?). Think all Gen I native were considered to have perfect IVs but don't quote me on that one.

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue28/evs_ivs

I stand corrected. I have no idea where I got my previous idea from.

Last edited:
Having the gen 1 pokemon be guaranteed perfect IVs when transferred is like them opening their wallets for the fans to vomit money into them

Wait... the Gen 1 pokemon have no gender. What happens there?

Breeding wasn't a thing in gen 1. No genders were needed. Dark times.

Having the gen 1 pokemon be guaranteed perfect IVs when transferred is like them opening their wallets for the fans to vomit money into them

Yeah it'd be like adding Wolf in Smash.

Anyway, I got Yellow. Also I usually check Smogon not for competitive advice since I don't play competitive but to see which Pokemon are generally considered used and damn like 80% of them are in UU and there's like 8 OU

Also I just found out you can't get missingno in Yellow and that makes me quite sad

Last edited:
Yeah Missingno was actually VERY popular in terms of glitches, to the point where it was patched out in yellow versions. I believe there was a much more complicated way to get it in Yellow, but it's that "May absolutely destroy your game from how hard you glitch it" kinda methods so it's not recommended.

Same thing that happened in the Gen 1 > Gen 2 transfer. They get assigned a gender.

So, then they will transfer to Gen 7, they will be assign:

- Gender (by the species ratio)
- Nature
- Special splits in Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense (by the now standard of his species)
- The update stats to some species (who gets more stats in the Gen 6, like Pikachu)
- Type change to some pokemons (Mostly to Faerie, but Magnemite family gets Steel)
- Happiness stats (maybe only the special pikachu in yellow gets this one with value diff from 0)
- Gets his racial ability (50% each, if the species has two).

But I'm betting about the ability: maybe all the Gen 1 transfered ones gets the Hidden Ability for your species. Well... we already can get HA of all then, but Mewtwo is a hard one, and Mew, for now, don't have a HA.

Last edited:
"It all comes together in a new Pokemon adventure!"

tumblr_inline_o0rqbvcY1l1sn0wuk_540.png