• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POKKEN

He DID win the Battle Frontier, but turned down becoming a frontier brain

And he would have won Sinnoh if some loser legendary user didn't bring his Latios and Darkrai

Um, excuse me, he placed sixteenth at the indigo league (Jesus how did I remember that?).

He's also probably done more than any other Pokemon protagonist sans catching every pokemon (despite how boring a show that would make) so I guess comparatively, traveling to every region and participating in every championship in the pokeverse is nothing.
Haha, I can even remember that he lost to Ritchy Richee Ritchee Ritchie's (how the crap do you spell that name?) Pikachu, Sparky, because his goddam useless Charizard passed out in boredom. Goooood tiiiimes.

Since he seems to reset his collection / Pikachu levels / personal experiences every season, I'd argue that his progress isn't cumulative and thus doesn't count.

YO GUYS FOCUS. FIGHTING GAME WITH POKEMON IN IT. AND A HIGH CHANCE OF THE CLASSIC TEKKEN CHARACTERS HAVING CAMEOS IN THERE. FREAKING HEIHACHI FIGHTING A HITMONTOP.

HYPE

YO GUYS FOCUS. FIGHTING GAME WITH POKEMON IN IT. AND A HIGH CHANCE OF THE CLASSIC TEKKEN CHARACTERS HAVING CAMEOS IN THERE. FREAKING HEIHACHI FIGHTING A HITMONTOP.

HYPE

UM,
I don't know man.
I'm super down with any pokemon fighter, but I really don't think they're gonna be bringing in Tekken characters.
Hyrule Warriors didn't have any Warriors characters.
I think at most we might see a couple in one stage's background but aside from that, I'd focus more on what Pokemon could be playable instead of how many guest fighters the game will have.

I just want Audino, she needs revenge for being an EXP bag, plus she has all sorts of moves to use

Too hype.

Some guys that I want.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen
Primape
Farfetch'd
Hypno
Gengar
Feraligator
Sneasel
Heracross
Ursaring
Gardevoir
Slaking
Mawile
Toxicroak
Excadrill
Zoroark
Liligant
Scrafty
Golurk
Chesnaught
Hawlucha

Reactions: Cybermanworf
UM,
I don't know man.
I'm super down with any pokemon fighter, but I really don't think they're gonna be bringing in Tekken characters.
Hyrule Warriors didn't have any Warriors characters.
I think at most we might see a couple in one stage's background but aside from that, I'd focus more on what Pokemon could be playable instead of how many guest fighters the game will have.
I want to see Tekken characters as the Trainers. Can you imagine King tossing a Hawlucha, and the two of them posing together? I can.

Reactions: destruction_adv
I'm just keep people on track here. NO talking about Ash from the Animay. let's talk possible pokemon who could be in the game.

[Ash]'s also probably done more than any other Pokemon protagonist sans catching every pokemon
Other pokemon protagonists actually win at Pokemon.

Gallade and Wobbuffet as the two psychic types.
Gallade as a projectile user and Wobbuffet as a slow damage sponge with super armor.
And maybe final boss Mewtwo.

Other pokemon protagonists actually win at Pokemon.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Gallade and Wobbuffet as the two psychic types.
Gallade as a projectile user and Wobbuffet as a slow damage sponge with super armor.
And maybe final boss Mewtwo.

If Wobbuffet was the final boss, we'd never win. He'd Counter physical hits, Mirror Coat dem hadoukens... we'd have to do all our damage with throws (AND THEN HE SUPERS).

IDEA? : The people that make robots in Tekken, (I have no knowledge of Tekken's story/character origins... sorry in advance), discover these creatures called pokemon, and use them to fight for them. But they experiment on the pokemon, and work with team rocket to make the final boss, armored Mewtwo from Pokemon The First Movie.

Can Harada and co. develop a fighter that isn't a bloated mess of mechanics? How did Namco end up in Ninty's good graces like this anyway?

I just hope we get more new fighters in less than two months, I never was a fan of Machamp, and I'm still not a fan of that Kinnikuman looking motherfucker
He's still a big dumb hunk of meat.

If Machamp doesn't get a variant of the Ultimate Atomic Buster, I'll be disappointed. He's already got a spinning lariat.

It means other protagonists regularly win what they set out to win. Ash has this vague goal of being a Pokemon master, but he doesn't win tournaments (Save Orange League and Frontier stuff I guess), he isn't completing the pokedex, he isn't capturing rare pokemon, he isn't training competitively, he isn't evolving his Pokemon ("Let me send a Gible up against a Darkrai!"), he doesn't even always know type strengths and weaknesses. What is he doing?

I don't know much about the Manga, but from what I've read, they get shit done. They want to be a Pokemon Master? Done. Wanna catch legendary Pokemon? Done. Wanna win all the contests? Done. Wanna complete the Pokedex? Done.

On topic: I kinda want to see gross and sticky pokemon make the cut. Like, maybe Muk or Goodra.

I'd place my money that Mewtwo is the end arcade boss designed to take your quarters/tokens, and his second form is MewtwoX. Calling it now.

I'd place my money that Mewtwo is the end arcade boss designed to take your quarters/tokens, and his second form is MewtwoX. Calling it now.

Yeah, no way this won't happen

Unless they suddenly reveal a fighting type legendary no one has seen before named like Punchadong or something

But what about...

493_Arceus_Fist_DW.png

?

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Arceus will be the Abyss-style boss.

Mewtwo will be the Geese Howard style boss.

On topic: I kinda want to see gross and sticky pokemon make the cut. Like, maybe Muk or Goodra.

Man, Muk was mah boi in the original 150. Defensive stat boost abilities, Toxic, and a boat load of HP made him seem good to me.

Harada Q&A

---Is it true that Tekken characters be making guest appearances in Pokemon/Pokken Tournament?

Harada: Ha, ha, ha. Nope, Tekken characters will not be making an appearance.

As we're making a Pokemon fighting action battle game, I've already touched on this while on the livestream, in this game there will not be a high/mid/low guard system mechanic. Instead, we're planning to include a new type of [mechanic]...

---As it's a fighting game, I'm a little worried that the roster will be full of humanoid-looking Pokemons. I'd prefer to be surprised with unexpected picks instead.

Harada: That's not a problem at all. Technologically-speaking, we shouldn't face any problems in implementing whatever we want. In terms of the system mechanics, we'll be looking at what fans would want, so please rest assured.

---Will Harada-san be making an appearance in the game, as "Harada The Strongest Gym Leader"?

Harada: Well, (laughs) if we did that we'll probably piss off Pokemon fans (but you already knew that, right?!).

---Congrats on making Pokken a reality! And thank you for that! Rather than tweet you a request, today I've got a bit of a query: in Pokken Tournament it seems like Pokemon trainers do not exist? It's not that I'm requesting for them to make an appearance, but rather I'd just like to find out if that's the case.

Harada: Worry not.

---You remembered to bring out Pokken, but what about Tekken X Street Fighter?

Harada: I've said this before, but we're still making it. It's just it's too difficult to nail down a release timing for it at the moment, so we're changed our strategy for it.

No mid/low mixups? Oh man this is going to cause a backlash.

A backlash, sure, but what confusion for me. What else do you do in a fighting game?

Maybe they'll use Special Attack and Attack in some way, like you can block one a certain way and the other another way, so you can have a SpA/Atk mixups?

Reactions: destruction_adv
Hm. That could be interesting. And certain characters could specialize in one more than the other or something. Like, Lucario does both equally, while Machamp is better with physical stuff.

I don't know though. I'm afraid this is going to lead to guard breaking. I hate guard breaking.

If one character specialized in one particular attack type, I think it'd be pretty easy to defend against them, though. Which I guess is why you think there'll be a guard break system. Hmm. Maybe the guard system will be more like Smash?

Maybe they'll use Special Attack and Attack in some way, like you can block one a certain way and the other another way, so you can have a SpA/Atk mixups?
I looks like there could be a guard break mechanic (like dokopon kingom); we did see Lucario go through machamps guard atl east. My guess is that there will be a focus on mobility and dodging along side a rock-paper-scizor (pinch pinch) style combat system.

Or maybe they'll only have dodging and have Protect but have it use meter, because I feel like they're going to screw this up.