• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Possible bug with ISP ???

Skymin50

JOIN THE BIG BAND
Reaction score
Steam
ANIME SKELETON
Big Band

1. I never used C.MP in the combo, it should've counted it as infinite after i did the horn again perhaps. Not sure.

2. Am I allowed to block that Burst? It seems really unlikely but I don't know.

1. Standing and crouching moves count as the same thing for IPS (though jumping moves are separate).

2. You can block any burst, but getting put into block stun from it removes your ability to punish.

Reactions: Skymin50
Oh, thanks then! Just seemed a little weird to me.

Also, if you start a watched chain with a punch, all punches that are high tier up than it are now on the unusable list.
So if you use s.LP, you can't use s.MP, or s.HP to start a new chain.
Same applies for kicks.

When making combos you want to try and use M's to start a chain, then go backwards to L's for the next one.
This has been my experience at least.

Also, if you start a watched chain with a punch, all punches that are high tier up than it are now on the unusable list.
Same applies for kicks.
Uh... what?

Pretty sure that's not the case. My light/midweight Parasoul combo (stuff -> c.hp -> j.lp -> j.lk -> j.mk -> j.hp -> c.mk -> c.hp -> j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk -> s.lpx2 -> s.mp -> s.hpx2 -> mp shot -> sniper -> c.mp burstbait) breaks that rule (the first j.lp happens in stage 3, so it's "watched", and the j.mp on the relaunch doesn't trigger IPS).

Last edited:
Uh... what?

Pretty sure that's not the case. My light/midweight Parasoul combo (stuff -> c.hp -> j.lp -> j.lk -> j.mk -> j.hp -> c.mk -> c.hp -> j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk -> s.lpx2 -> s.mp -> c.hpx2 -> mp shot -> sniper -> c.mp burstbait) breaks that rule (the first j.lp happens in stage 3, so it's "watched", and the j.mp on the relaunch doesn't trigger IPS).
j.MK sets off IPS if you do it on your second air chain for that combo, which is bizarre. Maybe it's counting j.LK as your starter.
Try lp mp LK George, lp mp L Bang, MP (IPS). (Peacock)
Or in the corner. lp mp hp hp shot lp mp hp hp shot, mp (IPS) (Parasoul)

Same applies for kicks.

When making combos you want to try and use M's to start a chain, then go backwards to L's for the next one.
This has been my experience at least.
ahhhh what? This isn't true. You used MP in a watched string in your example.... it has nothing to do with moves of a higher strength, each button is tracked separately.

@Skymin50
5MP is weird, if you look at the IPS stage it rockets up during 5MP. It seems more than 1 hit of 5MP counts as a new string each time so it flags MP as a "used" button and 2MP in the next string will trigger IPS.

The answer is to never ever use 5MP for anything, ever, except for taunting/trolling.

J.mk on second launch sets off IPS because the first air chain after the launch is stage 3, which is watched. Can't start a chain with any button used in that air chain.

The first example there, you hit IPS on that MP because you used MP in the LP -> MP -> Bang chain.

EDIT: Tomo beat me to it.

Ah they're watched separately I thought it was only the starters that were checked, thanks tomo.