• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Potential Draugen punch bug?

Spoppyo

Groose for dlc
Reaction score
Steam
Spospops³
Squigly Cerebella Eliza
I never used Draugen Punch until recently, and I think I discovered a small bug with it?

Whenever I try to charge it, instead of charging and going into Dragons Breath, it just initiates right away, regardless of whether I'm holding the button or not. At first I thought somehow inputting it wrong, but I know I'm definitely doing it right. In order to use a charged punch, I need to charge something else and cancel. It isn't a huge deal, and I've been told that it doesn't do this for other people, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

It might be because I use keyboard, but outside of that, I don't really know what could be causing it. Like I said, it might just be my keyboard, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

EDIT: It does this in both Beta and regular Skullgirls for me at least.

This is intentional, it's so that you cannot get hit out of the start up of the stance charge.
If it wasn't instant and had the stance charge, it wouldn't be invincible from frame 0.

So it's a blessing.

This is intentional, it's so that you cannot get hit out of the start up of the stance charge.
If it wasn't instant and had the stance charge, it wouldn't be invincible from frame 0.

So it's a blessing.

Ah, OK, thanks!! I was just honestly a little confused, since I posted this on Tumblr beforehand and I got responses saying that no, it's not normal.

I wouldn't recommend listening to tumblr when it comes to the mechanics and gameplay of Skullgirls. :)

Yeah I know :"))
but i figured why not try and get some confirmation before posting oops

Reactions: skull person
Nah it's cool.
It's helpful to understand why things work the way they do, especially if they're different.

Before this change, Draugen Punch had Stance Startup to go through before the actual invincible punch so it was pretty shitty as a reversal and you'd get hit in the face.
So now it skips the start up and goes right to the punch but in return you can't charge since you never enter the stance!

Case closed! ^o^

If for some reason you don't want the draugen punch to come out immediately, the lp and mp versions allow you to hold the button to stay in dragon stance (but the startup of the stance will be vulnerable, unlike seria HP draugen punch).

Reactions: BlakeCourser
I thought it was only for the HP version of DP? the light and medium versions should still allow you to charge

Reactions: BlakeCourser
Can anyone think of a way to communicate more clearly to the player that the move is supposed to work this way? I got nothing, but this isn't the first thread where someone has reported this feature as a bug.

Might be worth putting in the tutorial revision that I think is happening sometime