• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS3 Encore Quickmatch Bugs.

Vadsamoht

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Vadsamoht
Ms. Fortune Robo Fortune
[edit]
CAN WE GET A BUGS THREAD FOR QUICK MATCH so I can find things and people having problems all in one place?

They problems I got were:
room does not exist
opponent disconnected
etc

I don't know if it was just last night, but I would get stuck in "Player has joined" hell, forever. Wouldn't stop unless I backed out. The lettering on the screen would also occasionally dissapear altogether after accepting/finding a match. I barely got any matches. I'll try again and see if it's any better.

Joined room!
- Character Select after loading fine
- I pick my teams and everything
- Opponent has yet to select their team size
- Ticks down from 90 seconds all the way to 0
- "You have lost connection to your opponent" (Black PSN Screen, not a Skullgirls error message)
- <Okay>
Happened a bunch when I played, but I haven't tried since PSN was apparently not being "Wacky"

If you go in and out of quick match over and over again, eventually it stops working and you have to restart the game.

If you go in and out of quick match over and over again, eventually it stops working and you have to restart the game.
You can fix that by going into either Credits or Training BUT then you'll encounter a Menu glitch that appears over everything on the left side of the screen and will disappear once you enter the character select screen. It's an odd fix/problem/bug but that's how I've been getting around it. But everything else mentioned seems to be unavoidable and fixes itself randomly after a while but occurs all over again to be fixed in the same manor.

Hope that helps a little

>You have joined a room. (Stays there forever, no ping display)
>Opponent has joined room (Stays there forever, same as first)
>Match found ping display - immediate disconnect
>Match found, ping display, set delay, stays there forever (must back out)

My overall problem is joining rooms and accepting opponents, I have to back out and try again multiple times before I can select a character, it's gotten to the point where quick match isn't quick at all. Game rarely freezes for me tho so yay.

quick match is just a bunch of ragequitting and scrubs.

oh yeah and it's not only quick match. I have to invite a person up to 3 times before we can select characters.

quick match is just a bunch of ragequitting and scrubs.
This is not really a "bug", per se.

I assume these are being worked on but I just wanted to add besides all the random errors for joining a quick match the game can also freeze(ps3 restart required) right after a game finishes.

Just wanted to clarify that problem specifically though I'm sure Mike is aware of it. It takes playing online from kind of annoying to somewhat scary.

Last edited:
Update- The past 3 days of playing Skullgirls have ended with my system freezing. It's happening after varying lengths of time and one of them was after only about 3 matches. They all happen right after a match ends when it's trying to save and go back to the menu. I know psn isn't great but freezing is not common at all for me personally. I kind of asked Mike about this before but I just want to see if I'm alone in this or if he can check it out further.