• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Rally to get a Skullgirls character #Smashified?

Mighty Minotaur

Wannabe Hero
Reaction score
Steam
Mighty Minotaur
PSN
Got none
XBL
Nope
Beowulf
(Why did I put a # in the title?)
So you're probably thinking, what is Smashified?
Smashified is a fan-project led by a really cool dude named Artsy Omni. In short, it's a gig where they make renders of characters from games new and old in the artstyle of a Super Smash Bros. 4 reveal. They take commissions, and they also take requests. But it takes a pretty big amount of support & hype to get a character rendered through a request. So... you can see where this is going. I wanted to see if you guys would be interested in storming Artsy Omni's twitter to see if we could get a character from Skullgirls Smashified!
Now, the big question that I should've dropped in the first place: If we were to rally for a character, who would it be?
Personally, I think it should be Beowulf. His character design is pretty straightforward (No big boobs, exposed panties or blood, which doesn't really fit in that well with the bright & colorful tone of Smash), he's hilarious, and his Splash art line wouldn't be that hard to think of (Beowulf: Brings the hype!). Then again, Bayonetta is in Smash, so I guess the sky really is the limit.
So, if you guys think this would be a cool idea, yay or nay in the comments thingy majigger below.

Last edited:
I feel like if we get a SG character Smashified, it sould be someone who can reflect the series as best as possible. This would follow the reasoning behind how Smash characters are chosen for the game (mostly). With that said, My vote would go to either Filia, Peacock or Big Band.

Peacock already had a thing with screw attack. I'd vote Big Band, Beowulf, or Valentine.

Where can I vote Cerebella?

Where can I vote Cerebella?
Well... You don't really vote, you leave a comment on his Twitter page.
I feel like if we get a SG character Smashified, it sould be someone who can reflect the series as best as possible. This would follow the reasoning behind how Smash characters are chosen for the game (mostly). With that said, My vote would go to either Filia, Peacock or Big Band.
Yeah, that's a pretty good point. I would have put Peacock, but the whole fact that she doesn't have any eyes really gets to me. ;_;

Honestly if this were to happen it would have to be a "face" of the game. That being said Beowulf and Big band are out because they're not the face of the game. I would think it would have to be Fillia or maybe Cerebella because they're the characters used in most advertisements and promotion for the game.

I really don't want it to be peacock because I feel like she's a bit overused by fans IMO.

Well, you couldn't use Beowulf because he has a throwable item and that might accidentally add fun.

That chair projectile haunts me in my dreams.

But I still stand by that it should be at least Filia.

Seriously, though, it should be Peacock, if it's anybody. You may be tired of seeing her, but she's the best call for exposure to a new audience.

It's not that I'm really sick of seeing her I just think she's a bit overused. I feel as though we can attract more people with other characters such as Filia (she is kinda the Ryu of the game). Besides would it really do any harm if it's just one peice of Art that uses Filia over peacock compared to the massive ammount of other amazing peacock fanart?

All I'm saying is maybe we could use other characters (peacock was in the amazing OMM).

I mean talking from my experience the thing that got me interested in Skullgirls was the announcement of big band and his desgin alone made me buy the game. Peacocks not a bad character in the slightest but it's always nice to show off art of other characters to attract new people.