• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Really generic Beginner Thread

Droogy

Reaction score
Steam
DescendantDroog
XBL
DescendantDroog
Peacock Big Band
is not what this is...totally.

So I've mainly only played games like Virtua Fighter (the game I'm best at and the only one I got close to competitive with), Street Fighter 3 and IV, and Injustice (which I was getting good with but then I had school happen). I am going to be living in Japan for almost like 4-5 months and since I can't take my xbox or ps3 I wanted a fighting game to get into and since I always enjoyed Skullgirls for the music and story I figured that since I have it on my PC its time to seriously learn this baby.

I'm interested in Big Band and Peacock mainly and of course Eliza when she comes out but thats not important. I'm really just looking for stuff like facebook groups, helpful links/videos, and just some tips on getting into playing skullgirls seriously cause when I went online I got bodied like I have never been bodied before.

I saw ol JChen did a First Attack with mike and they went over basics but after watching for a while I figured that was kinda out of date so is there any place for me to start from a more up to date standpoint cause it seemed like the game has turned into COMBOS FOR DAYS instead of a Marvel 2 style like Mike was talking about in that video.

the last thing is if theres a good Peacock/Big Band synergy or specific assists for each other I'd appreciate some suggestions. I tend to like keep away in games like marvel and such (even though I'm hard rushdown in injustice or VF)