• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune Combo Thread

2LK (2MP) 5MK 2HP - Fur the purposes of this the 2MP is included in damage total
j.LK j.MK
dj.LK j.MK
2MP 5MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
dj.LP j.HK
5LP LP 5MP 5MK 5HP xx 236PP

7270 damage with some nice reset points

^ I've found its a lot easier to restand light characters on the last bit if you do

j.MP, j.HK
land
j.LP, j.HK

instead of trying to do the double jump

Mmm. I'm not sure if it's universal but here's what i've managed to figure out for raw damage. It's deceptively difficult to pull off, so i also put in some easier variants for when you don't want to risk the dashing s.LP link and where things might whiff.

I havn't tested extensively but in the corner, you can catch Parasoul (maybe other heavier types?) with the last hit of j.HK before canceling to H-Airbeam and reach 7776 damage. Except for that, this seems to be the most damaging combo i've found regardless of screen positioning.

It isn't universal, that is the exact opener I used to try to use, you can get away with using 2/3 different openers among the cast, but honestly I'd rather the consistency of what I'm doing now.
^ I've found its a lot easier to restand light characters on the last bit if you do

j.MP, j.HK
land
j.LP, j.HK

instead of trying to do the double jump
I actually do this most of the time, especially because it allows the burst bait/throw 50/50 to loop into itself seemlessly. On heavies though the double jump is easier because they land so you might whiff some hits of j.HK otherwise.

With minimal alterations, I was able to make it almost entirely universal. The same timing for the first restand seems to work on everyone except Double, who needs heavy delays early but the same notation. The second restand needs you to delay everything, but heavier characters don't need a delay on the first j.HK so it's actually easier.

I tried it out and it does do about 250 more damage, but I feel like I am losing reset points that I don't want to lose.

The big ones being the low to the ground double jump crossup and the burst/bait throw 50/50 is much weaker from this setup that I can see. I can't find a way to get the burst bait to look like/be timed like the throw.

This is universal but varying in difficulty, with heaviest being easier and painwheel being the most difficult.
Has pretty good metergain at the start if you want to do ~optimal resets~ maybe

@Mike_Z is it technologically infeasible to have some sort of buffer for j.hp double jump cancels, it's hard to double jump out of that on the first possible frame since robo isn't in "hitstop" when it connects

I was going to say it does less damage than my easy/lots of reset version combo.

But then I noticed your confirm. 2LK 2MK? 2LK (2MP) 5MK works from max range, does more damage and has WAY more frame advantage. 2MP still hits low so even that isn't a reason. I see exactly 0 reasons for 2MK in a BnB confirm.

That combo is super hard on some characters though, I'm struggling to even compare damage to Gamaniac's which really isn't that difficult and is also universal.

Edit: managed it, with the same starters and enders, your combo did about 40 damage more than the super easy one, about 150-200 less than Gamaniacs.

Last edited:
2LK (2MP) 5MK 2HP - Fur the purposes of this the 2MP is included in damage total
j.LK j.MK
dj.LK j.MK
2MP 5MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
dj.LP j.HK
5LP LP 5MP 5MK 5HP xx 236PP

7270 damage with some nice reset points

How do the Stage 3 and 4 strings work in that combo?

How do the Stage 3 and 4 strings work in that combo?
The first jump? You do j.LK at the peak of the jump, delay the j.MK then delay the double jump as well.

Sounds weird but it is really easy on everyone when you know what you are doing.

Reactions: Krackatoa

I have a confession to make: I LOVE MAGNETS

I have to also pick the most potentially obnoxious color with this character, because the team I'm crafting is going to be obnoxious incarnate.

I have a confession to make: I LOVE MAGNETS

I have to also pick the most potentially obnoxious color with this character, because the team I'm crafting is going to be obnoxious incarnate.

Lol I love that last combo with double, I feel like there's going to be a lot of shenanigans with this character :3

EDIT: I too am going for a host of the most shenanigans-riddled characters.

BB only, sadly
I don't know her actual combos, so I adapted an old one.

Reactions: Wenzel
When i see these magnet combos i feel Mike Z tried to pour a little of Tager's soul into robo fortune just to make a small part of the red devil less bottom tier

So the only meter efficient way I've found to use magnet in a combo so far is in the first string of a combo.

Here's a corner one with head mine.

2LK 2MP 5MK 2HP xx 214MK xx 236KK
5LK 5MK 2HP
j.MK j.HK
dj.MP j.HK xx 236HP
5MP 2HP
j.LK j.MP j.HK(all hits this time) xx 236HP

7963 damage but I don't think I got perfect hits on this one.

EDIT: 1 mine per combo? Did Mike mention this anywhere?

EDIT2: Confirming into 5HK xx 236KK whiff could mayyybe lead to good damage midscreen but not convinced yet.

Last edited:
Just wanted to note that while you can't special cancel cHK, you can super cancel it
So something like [cLK+Assist - sMP (assist hits) - cHK xx Magnet] gets a head out midcombo, which may or may not be useful

E: Also I dunno about the damage this provides, but sHK xx Magnet is very useful to finally have a proper string
cLK cMP sMK is neat and + on block, but easily out of range for the cHP to actually connect on hit
cLK cMP sMK sHK xx Magnet into stuff will always work

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomo009
EDIT: 1 mine per combo? Did Mike mention this anywhere?
She's not limited to 1 mine per combo. You might be confusing that with 1 OTG per combo, if you're trying for multiple Magnet followups.

Just wanted to note that while you can't special cancel cHK, you can super cancel it
So something like [cLK+Assist - sMP (assist hits) - cHK xx Magnet] gets a head out midcombo, which may or may not be useful

E: Also I dunno about the damage this provides, but sHK xx Magnet is very useful to finally have a proper string
cLK cMP sMK is neat and + on block, but easily out of range for the cHP to actually connect on hit
cLK cMP sMK sHK xx Magnet into stuff will always work

Actually using 2HK midcombo isn't something I really thought of, shoudl be something to explore, VERY resource intensive though.

On your next point. Against whom does 2LK 2MP 5MK 2HP not work against? Because as far as I can see it connects from max 2LK range.

She's not limited to 1 mine per combo. You might be confusing that with 1 OTG per combo, if you're trying for multiple Magnet followups.
Does magnet super count as a red bounce? I can't see any red flash but what I am trying is basically just 2HP xx 214MK xx 236KK link into whatever 2MK 2HP xx 214MK 236KK

I can never get the second mine to trigger.

Does magnet super count as a red bounce? I can't see any red flash but what I am trying is basically just 2HP xx 214MK xx 236KK link into whatever 2MK 2HP xx 214MK 236KK
I can never get the second mine to trigger.
SG has more than enough tools in training mode, and ways to combo into/out of mines with assists (or just doing multiple mine) for you to be able to figure this out yourself.

On your next point. Against whom does 2LK 2MP 5MK 2HP not work against? Because as far as I can see it connects from max 2LK range.
I dunno what max cLK range is for you, but I just retested it on Squig,Band,Bella,Filia,Double,Beo
It worked on none of them, with the bonus note that vs Double and Beo the cMP already whiffs
Then I thought "Mhh, perhaps he has the Dummy on crouch", but nope the cHP whiffs there as well.

Here's the best standard-starter damage I can get so far without using an L3.

Edit: For reference, the damage for that without the ending super is 8395. 8405 if you use s.MK because of not needing the juggle.

The starter doesn't work on Peacock or Painwheel and the magnet whiffs on a number of characters if you aren't close enough when starting the chain. Using 2MK in the starter instead does catch both if your timing is spot on, but Painwheel's OTG hurtboxes are just too thin to touch the mine in the first place.

If yer looking at the stick display, you may notice that I doublejump cancel off the first j.HK vertically, not diagonally. Since H-Beam's hitboxes are actually 6 "shots" fired in sequence instead of being an actual beam, Squigly and Valentine would be dropped out of the combo if I were to doublejump forwards. Amusingly, this also means that you can make the graphic overlap the enemy without actually hitting them, such as calling H-Beam assist from a distance at the same time as doing Gigantic Arm. The shots barely can't catch up before they all disappear!

If your opponent is standing, you actually get 182 extra damage off ending with cr.MK instead of s.MK in the chain and supercanceling H-Beam instead of going straight from s.HP to beamsuper, but it doesn't work on Big Band since he restands himself before getting hit by the beam. If you can end the above combo with a juggle on middleweights (or Painwheel), s.MK lets you get 192 up. And of course, mids and heavies allow the last hit of the 3rd j.HK which is 55 more.

Does magnet super count as a red bounce?
Yer too fixated on the red ring being the tell for using OTG. Late crumple animations and Beowulf's throw enders don't have that either, and they still use OTG. It's not an ironclad rule.

Last edited:
Decided to see what sort of... uh, less practical things i could figure out with this super. Shenanigans ahoy!

Things i learned from building this combo:
  • The wallsplat from s.HK just needs *a* wall, not necessarily the wall their back is towards. There's bound to be some especially silly stuff you can do with this and, say, Gigantic Arm.
  • The no-splat launch of a 2nd s.HK, and probably other similar moves, seems to have the enemy's sprite determined by their vertical velocity or something? Probably obvious to others, but still interesting to me.
  • OTG bounces last until you hit the floor, and so does OTG hitstun. However...
  • ...the hitstun bar still appears, and doesn't recognize the OTG hitstun. Seems it's based off the move, not the reaction!
  • And lastly, as people have already figured out, some ground-techs are technically airborn. You can still block it, of course, so you really shouldn't do this.

The wallsplat from s.HK just needs *a* wall, not necessarily the wall their back is towards. There's bound to be some especially silly stuff you can do with this and, say, Gigantic Arm.
Yep! Lesson learned a while ago - better a splat on the wrong wall than no splat at all.
The no-splat launch of a 2nd s.HK, and probably other similar moves, seems to have the enemy's sprite determined by their vertical velocity or something? Probably obvious to others, but still interesting to me.
Yah. Doesn't look super hot in some spots when moving backward, I guess it really should turn around...?
OTG bounces last until you hit the floor, and so does OTG hitstun. However...
...the hitstun bar still appears, and doesn't recognize the OTG hitstun. Seems it's based off the move, not the reaction!
Oh, that's easy to fix.

Why was i not informed that there are other fighting game characters with claws as bitchin as Hisen-ko's? I guess this is a fairly new game?
You entirely missed UNiEL?! Seriously? It had a groundswell of flavor-of-the-month anime players, high hopes, good attendance at events, then wasn't included in Evo and is now a barren wasteland. Shame, too, it's one of the better games in the post-2009 crop of fighters.

You entirely missed UNiEL?! Seriously? It had a groundswell of flavor-of-the-month anime players, high hopes, good attendance at events, then wasn't included in Evo and is now a barren wasteland. Shame, too, it's one of the better games in the post-2009 crop of fighters.

Categorizing fighters by "pre-09" and "post-09". I c what you did there. It's actually kinda accurate, since 09 is when SF4 came out...

Uniel Filia DLC when?

Also, it's hard to convert off Mine when it eats OTG. Is that for balance reasons? I wanted to do Mine > Magnet Pull off mine oki. Can we have Mine break armor if it's acting like a sweep? 8D

Also, it's hard to convert off Mine when it eats OTG. Is that for balance reasons? I wanted to do Mine > Magnet Pull off mine oki. Can we have Mine break armor if it's acting like a sweep? 8D
Already does that locally. It won't be a low, though.

Robo Fortune and Zabel team in NBA Jam please!

Cus someone surely wants this, here is my current Doublesnap
It is kinda shit but it works and is char universal as far as I can tell, so I am content with it

[Snap] cLK cMK cHP
- jHP xx H.Beam
[sLP cMK cHP
- (TK)H.Beam]xN

Is simply 5LP 2MK 2HP not universal? Or does adding in the beam make it more meter/red life efficient?

I didn't even consider that one, so it may be better! I just did the first thing that came to my mind, and launch into launch I kinda uuuh forgot about~ Mine is prettier though!

my brain can not think of a way to use her new head launches inside of a combo that would really work with robo kitty. so instead I just slap this and curl up back in a tiny ball.

the kamekaze one doesn't have any juggle potential when hitting an air born opponent so rip that. Missiles are great only for some combos that can eat up your otg. like grab into kitten missiles into mewnetic slam where the missiles help otg the opponent after the super is done. but it has to be lvl 3 missiles other wise they will miss.

Reactions: antiglow