• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune Combo Thread

Here's a combo using L Beat Extend assist. Does 8.2k midscreen for 1 bar. You need to have one head to do the combo in the video; if you don't have a head, the combo still works, but it does about 300 less damage. This definitely works on all the lights. Not sure about mediums. Pretty confident it does not work on heavies. I also included a neat mixup I found.

c.LK c.MP s.MK c.HP xx qcb + LK + MP,
dash s.MK c.HP,
j.HP djc,
j.LP j.MP,
[s.MP] c.HP,
j.LK j.MP j.HK,
s.LPx2 [s.MP] s.MK s.HP xx H Danger xx Cannon

Last edited:
Do people look at combos without videos? It's much easier to see with videos yep.

Anyways, I got 8.8k corner with beowulf H chair assist, uses one bar and gives you one head. Maybe I'll get something to record one day. I used beowulf as my dummy cuz the air chains are easier to not drop on heavy, so you could probably get more or less damage using a j.mk, j.hp, djc j.mk, j.lk. No clue. I haven't tested yet.

In terms of meter, you end up with about .15-.2 of a bar less than you started with and the enemy about 1.5 more.

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.mk, s.hk,call assist,cr.hk
s.mk(grounds the enemy avoiding green bounce), cr.hp
j.mk,j.hk
djc j.lk, j.mp
s.mp(all), s.mk, s.hp, h danger
s.lp, s.mp(all),s.mk, s.hp, h danger, beam super

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
When doing the midscreen combo with robo the dummy always block my c.mp after j.lk, j.mk, djc, j.lk, j.mk, and I can't figure out what Im doing wrong.
Bringing this here.

@TwisterPT, you're probably just missing the link, but if that's not the case can you record a video showing what you're doing?

Just for laughs I checked the difference in damage in my bnb between jumping in with j.MP and not starting it with a jumping. Jumping in does over 1000 less damage lmao. I think if you land a j.MP you may want to go for an early reset rather than waste your undizzy on a scaled combo.

Starting with j.MK adds damage so seems better to start combos with that if possible. It's not always feasible because a lot of the time you want the crossup from j.MP or whatever but if you're doing an overhead reset and it doesn't matter what jump button you push probably try to push j.MK.

You can create the habit to fastfall after j.mp when you go for crossup so it only hits once though. Still gives you plenty of stun to combo after it.

You can create the habit to fastfall after j.mp when you go for crossup so it only hits once though. Still gives you plenty of stun to combo after it.
Didn't think of that! Thanks!

Reactions: noaa

Because you mentioned it I must ask. I've seen eliza whiff grab fast fall, but I don't know how it works. How does fastfall work?

It's basically any way a character has to land before they would do if they did nothing. Double can do it with j.hk in many cases, airdash characters can airdash cancel your current thing > grab between other options. There's always a way :)

With Robo j.hk and j.mk will do the trick in the case Peanuts mentioned I believe. Have not hard tested it though.

This character sucks, pack it up, blaze it up, 420, swag, new your special, val+excella is the new meta, other memes etc

I hope more people look into confirming off of j.HP as it's a great poke to stop ground advances and IMO a pretty big part of her zoning game. Most lockdown assists should be able to do this, these are just some examples.

Last edited:
I hope more people look into confirming off of j.HP as it's a great poke to stop ground advanced and IMO a pretty big part of her zoning game. Most lockdown assists should be able to do this, these are just some examples.

Nice! I'll try using Squigly's c.HP to confirm off robo's j.HP.

Do people look at combos without videos? It's much easier to see with videos yep.

Anyways, I got 8.8k corner with beowulf H chair assist, uses one bar and gives you one head. Maybe I'll get something to record one day. I used beowulf as my dummy cuz the air chains are easier to not drop on heavy, so you could probably get more or less damage using a j.mk, j.hp, djc j.mk, j.lk. No clue. I haven't tested yet.

In terms of meter, you end up with about .15-.2 of a bar less than you started with and the enemy about 1.5 more.

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.mk, s.hk,call assist,cr.hk
s.mk(grounds the enemy avoiding green bounce), cr.hp
j.mk,j.hk
djc j.lk, j.mp
s.mp(all), s.mk, s.hp, h danger
s.lp, s.mp(all),s.mk, s.hp, h danger, beam super

I look at videos when they're shown w/a combo. Having the written info helps a lot too since I can write it down on a post-it & refer to it at the PS3. I've never managed using an assist as part of a combo, so thanks for this one. I'll give it a try & see if I can get it.

I did the same combo with Big Band H Brass assist and no head and it does 9.4k. Quite nice. Inputs are pretty much the same, just the timing on the assist call seems different. 7.7k without super.

Hm, couldn't get that assist combo w/Beowulf. Maybe I'll try it w/BB.

Having a tough time w/j. cancels in this game except for BB/Double. I wonder what the easiest jc is?

Despite watching vids here for a long time & reading up, I can't combo much w/my 2nd weekend Robo. Can't land a ground chain after an air one. But I can w/BB, Beowulf, Fukua, Peacock... Maybe the timing just takes practice.

I can do ground chain into super for 4K or into launcher for a few air hits, and am on the lookout for a video guide or beginner combos as well.

The compendium shows the timing to land the basic BnB combos. They are not that complicated. You do not need assist based combos to get an extra 500~1000 damage when you seem to not be able to do the BnB.

The compendium shows the timing to land the basic BnB combos. They are not that complicated. You do not need assist based combos to get an extra 500~1000 damage when you seem to not be able to do the BnB.
Thanks for the info. I doubt you're a dumb scrub! (ah, it's ironic)

I tried an assist combo because I've been playing the game for over a year & thought it might be fun to try very briefly.

The bulk of training has gone into trying to get the B&B, including j.cancel. I've studied the timing in the B&B topic, but can check it out again.
Other characters took a while for me to get. Hands-on training/practice in the game with a PSN friend was a great way for me to learn Beowulf.

Super easy peasy BnB that requires no jump cancels and still does pretty big damage. Also at the end of every jump string you can steer so you land early and can go for an air throw reset or even run under.

Note: This is SonicFox's combo.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time getting restands after her j.hk...

I'm having a hard time getting restands after her j.hk...
hey you been trying to hold up when you do j.hk? The direction/speed of you decent might be the factor here.

Oh wow. Okay. That's why. This crazy character. Thanks.

Combo wizards, what do you guys do in situations where you did level 3 to cancel recovery and block supers that try and punish my full screen zoning? I'm at a loss as to how to use the explosion to my benefit and do a chunk of damage there.
Honestly feels like this might be what level 3 is made for? Is that true Mike?

Combo wizards, what do you guys do in situations where you did level 3 to cancel recovery and block supers that try and punish my full screen zoning? I'm at a loss as to how to use the explosion to my benefit and do a chunk of damage there.

Punish them with a full combo?A full combo will usually end with the explosion. I saw sonicfox punish argus from full screen.

Punish them with a full combo?A full combo will usually end with the explosion. I saw sonicfox punish argus from full screen.
I was looking for whether I could fit an explosion in the middle with undizzy still remaining so as to around 8.5 or 9k off of a punish situation like that. Right now my bnb works with det mode but she explodes when I don't have undizzy left.

EDIT: this in in medium counter hit situations.

EDIT2: NEVER MIND ANYONE ELSE I FOUND IT YEE BWOI

Last edited:
Examples of simple air to air confirms. Perhaps the opening post can be edited to have these basic BnB's? Or we could start another thread, seeing as this thread was started when RF had an airdash.

Normal jump confirm:

j.LK (slight delay) j.MK
s.MP s.MK c.HP
j.LK j.MK djc j.LK j.MK
c.MP s.MK c.HP
j.MP j.HK [9] djc j.LP j.HK
ender

Super jump confirm:

sj.LK j.MK j.HK (steer slightly downwards)
s.MP s.HK c.HP
j.LK j.MK djc j.LK j.MK
c.MP s.MK c.HP
j.MP j.HK [9] djc j.LP j.HK
ender

Wow, I'm triple posting like this is my thread.

Hey Robo-babes, what's the most optimal universal stuff I can do starting from Stage 3 on the ground with 2MP?

This was a while back so sorry to bring this up again. If you substitute 2MP for 2MK (because it works for your setup) you can get

2MK 2HP
j.HP djc j.MK link j.LK
5MP 5MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
s.LP s.LP s.[MP] s.MK s.HP 236HK

for 7668 off of Pillar -> Sniper -> DHC Magnet whiff

EDIT: Yes it's universal.

Wow, I'm triple posting like this is my thread.

This was a while back so sorry to bring this up again. If you substitute 2MP for 2MK (because it works for your setup) you can get

2MK 2HP
j.HP djc j.MK link j.LK
5MP 5MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
s.LP s.LP s.[MP] s.MK s.HP 236HK

for 7668 off of Pillar -> Sniper -> DHC Magnet whiff

EDIT: Yes it's universal.
Yeah, I tested that right away but if the crumple goes on too long (they aren't right beside you after the DHC) the 2MK 2HP whiffs.

Yeah, I tested that right away but if the crumple goes on too long (they aren't right beside you after the DHC) the 2MK 2HP whiffs.
Can't you pull them with the magnet in as the sniper shot happens in that situation to guarantee that combo?

EDIT: You can also do it from 2MP from what I tested but then the link after j.HP djc j.MK j.LK has to be a 2MK instead and that's decently tricky, unless you can use a light there but you'd have to change up the second string.

Can't you pull them with the magnet in as the sniper shot happens in that situation to guarantee that combo?
The downward force of the Sniper shot is oft too great.
Also if it hits a grounded target that's a no go.

I got 7687 (More damage than the 2MK pick up!) from 2MP anyways.

2MP 2HP
JHP DJ JMK, JLK
5LK 2MP 2HP
JMP JHK
5LP 5LP 5[MP] 5MK 5HP x 236HK
7962 with 236HK + Pillar.
9337 with 236HK xx Cannon
9612 with 236HK + Pillar xx Cannon

Reactions: Aden and Yomabuddy
I saw Woofly did this corner combo, and as far as I remember/seen in the thread there hasn't exactly been combos like this so I did a video on the general concept.

It's pretty difficult, but double jump hits to followup after jHP Laser are kind of useful. Does anyone know how to check how many frames you have to get it though? When I was testing, jHP Laser was at +16 but I don't know if you can find out the timing for the dj to see if it's a 2 frame link or 3 frames or some such.

Didn't test to see how it works on every character cause I suck at combos and didn't want to do it anymore. :(

Reactions: Luweewu and PME
i don't know how corner theory works teach me to hit 10k
I think you can fit cr.hk into there and be very close to 10k.
A train + 3 heads + my old combo = 10.1k

A train + my old combo with mine = 9.85k

cr.lk, cr.mp, s.mk, s.hk, cr.hk, A train, Mine(restand) link 3 mines here.
s.mk, cr.hp
j.mk, j.hk
j.lk, j.mp
s.mp(hold),s.mk, s.hp, H Danger
Move forward, s.lk, s.mp(hold), s.mk, s.hp, H danger, Beam super.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjomegas1200
oh hey i made it easier and universal and also here's a thing you can do to lightweights with mine (on heavyweights just MP MK 2HP mine+grab LK MP MK 2HP jMK jHK j236HP ender)

i really don't like a-train for robo but i guess i can fuck around with it

Reactions: Wenzel and fenster
i really don't like a-train for robo but i guess i can fuck around with it

I just used it to be able to use the mines.

If you fit cr.hk after s.hk, you will get 9.85k with brass. Here's what I mean.

um, okay last video i'm going to be doing.

if you don't like or something, improve upon it. that's what SG is all about right? improvement?

i don't know why i even bother sometimes. this just an excuse to not worry about myself. an escape on my shitty life. i'm hollow, pathetic. no life goals no direction... what good am i to anything?

i don't know why i even bother sometimes. this just an excuse to not worry about myself. an escape on my shitty life. i'm hollow, pathetic. no life goals no direction... what good am i to anything?

You're good to the SG community, extremely valuable member. Unlike me who screeches spiritual mumbo jumbo from the shadows.