• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

lost air dash, So unhappy :.(

So she is a zoner now?

I don't care about airdash, and i'm loving the lasers <3

Reactions: Muro
I don't want to create a thread to post this, but I guess her flashlight shouldn't work this way.
wxfubi.png

I don't want to create a thread to post this, but I guess her flashlight shouldn't work this way.
wxfubi.png
It seems that the flashlight is just a lightsource linked to her sprite, and therefore affects other characters the way normal light sources in the game would.

I am also +1 for Hold j.HK = no jump if you hit up.

Reactions: Tomo009
so Robo's lvl 1 can act like a lvl3 or lvl5 if you have the meter to spend, meh. I'm more interested with her launching her heads and whether or not they will act like a resource for her combos.

While I kind of share your sentiment, I can still trade in a laser cannon for a bigger laser cannon. This pleases me.

i mean yeah if Robo isn't going to have a lvl 3 or lvl 5 then yeah meter burning for a more powerful version of her lvl 1 is great, but the second she gets a lvl 3 that does the same amount of damage as upgraded lvl1 would make the meter burning kinda less useful. That's why I am waiting for the heads to have sort of purpose, it might help flesh out this robot.

so Robo's lvl 1 can act like a lvl3 or lvl5 if you have the meter to spend, meh. I'm more interested with her launching her heads and whether or not they will act like a resource for her combos.
Where is this info from? Salty?

Purrton Canon only becomes Lv3 or Lv5 if you continue holding the buttons and have 3 and 5 meters to blow. It'll remain level 1 if you don't hold and just input normally.

yeah, it does give the player the option to spend the meter, but still i my option stands for right now until she gets another super.

Can you use the level 3 version if you have 5 meters?

you would think that, but i think the super is super negative on block and it does scale heavy so think of it as argus, good for dhc combo finishers. Now with doing lvl 3 with 5 bars i think you can do that it just depends how long you hold the punch buttons.

The impression I was getting from the archive made me think that if you hold the button with the super, it'll spend whatever meter you have, in which case doing the level 3 version with 5 bars would not be possible.

Waiting for the update to see but Mike didn't say and I think he would've showed it if you could.

I still think robo should get a level 5 seppuku super that kills herself and the opponent.

No you can't as of now.

Source: I won with her at the tourney

Reactions: Ktulu
I still think robo should get a level 5 seppuku super that kills herself and the opponent.
So something like Yoshimitsu?

Was that ever a legitimate super that had practical use or just a filler joke move? I'm all for laughs, but not at the expense of denying Robo something more useful.

Was that ever a legitimate super that had practical use or just a filler joke move? I'm all for laughs, but not at the expense of denying Robo something more useful.
I remember something about a Robo Ky self destruct super which put him on timer and stops him from overheating for whatever the seconds are. At the end he blows up, losing a bit of life and leaving a huge projectile.

3rd round http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=f8e5AXTSARs

His other super makes him overheat so with the self destruct super active, the other super can go until self destruct timer ends

So something like Yoshimitsu?
Either that or a self-destruct super.

The point is, it needs to kill both her and the character(s) she catches for 5 bars regardless of health. (Maybe let her combo into it. =D)

Wouldn't it be better with
LP+MP = lv1
MP+HP = lv3
LP+HP = lv5
?

I think the point is to make you judge whether or not using more than 3 meter for the damage you'll get is worth it. If Mike wanted it to be something like Squigly's orbs, I'm sure they would be like that already.

Yes, hold j.HK = not jumping with Up is gonna happen, I had the same idea before I read the thread, and it is a good, easy, obvious idea that solves the problem. :^)

@chickenwithtie
I don't like different combinations of PP because you can mess up and spend way extra meter at the moment of input. I originally had hold P = Lv3, hold PP = Lv5 if you have it (Lv3 if not) but it seemed weird to require people to let go of a button to ensure Lv3? And I don't want to require PPP because nothing ever should.
Other ideas?

i mean yeah if Robo isn't going to have a lvl 3 or lvl 5 then yeah meter burning for a more powerful version of her lvl 1 is great, but the second she gets a lvl 3 that does the same amount of damage as upgraded lvl1 would make the meter burning kinda less useful.
Er yes, while your statement is true, there are so many hidden assumptions in it that I'd like to help you not make them again:
- You assume she'll have another Lv3, or a Lv5. This is probably a fair assumption, but it's still unknown to you.
- You assume that if she gets another one it will do as much damage as upgraded Lv3 cannon. You assume it will do damage at all, for that matter. What if it boosts your defense or just freezes time or something? You don't know.
- You assume it will have any of the same utility as upgraded cannon, even if it does the same damage - i.e. hitting both characters at any distance, being unblockable post-flash, being a good DHC. It's weird to me you'd even assume this. I mean, Beowulf has two, one you can combo into from anything and DHC into and it'll hit, and one that is a command grab. If she got two fullscreen hitting, comboable, negative-on-block Lv3s that did different damage then sure, one of them would be useless, but I don't think I'd do that kind of thing. Even if another super costs the same meter for the same damage, as long as it has different utility, neither thing is useless. It's a bit odd for you to totally dismiss a move based on this assumption, so I must assume you didn't know you were making it. :^)

Other ideas?

Hold Up(or Forward)[Or any direction] + PP for Level 5, not very complicated considering taunts are raging demons.

Maybe makin the lv5 a different input, :D::D::D::PP: kinda like Double's?

It sucks you can't lv3+lv1-2 DHC with Robo on point

Reactions: FinalShoryuken
Yes, hold j.HK = not jumping with Up is gonna happen, I had the same idea before I read the thread, and it is a good, easy, obvious idea that solves the problem. :^)

@chickenwithtie
I don't like different combinations of PP because you can mess up and spend way extra meter at the moment of input. I originally had hold P = Lv3, hold PP = Lv5 if you have it (Lv3 if not) but it seemed weird to require people to let go of a button to ensure Lv3? And I don't want to require PPP because nothing ever should.
Other ideas?

What if "Hold PP" = Lv3 and "Hold PP + up" = Level 5 with the "up" only needing to be held at least right before the level 3 would start or something lenient like that so you don't get accidental level 5 upon initially doing the super?

Ninja'd by skarmand.

I wouldn't say forward because you're more likely to sit on forward than up after finishing a motion. Up would be a more distinct direction that would need a conscious decision.

Is holding K for level 5 as an option for too ugly?

Hold P = Level 3, hold P + the last direction of the super input (forward in this case) = Level 5.

This way, and I'm sure nobody else is accounting for this, if she gets any other level 1's that do the same thing, it can apply to all of them universally.

Does the animation progress lv.1 -> lv.3 -> lv.5, or lv.1 -> lv.3 / lv.1 -> lv.5?
If its 1 -> 2 -> 3, it looks like you could just hold :PP: down longer for lv.5 than lv.3?
If it has to be 1 -> 3 or 1 -> 5, throwing my suggestion into the mix: :QCF::PP: for the super, :PP: again for lv.3, and :PP: a third time for lv.5.

My thoughts on the matter is simply, hold until you see the animation you want.

Since it all happens during the super freeze it should be fine if you hold it as long as you need.

Lvl 1 = release before additional cannons form.
Lvl 3 = release before a billion cannons form.
Lvl 5 = hold as long as you like.

alternate idea

hold forward PP during the flash gets lvl 3

hold back PP during the flash to get lvl 5

Yeah if like the super had a power up sound and maybe a little flash while you hold PP then you could just stop holding it after you hear/see the cue once for level 3 twice for level 5.

I initially had hold-the-buttons-longer tried also, but there isn't a ton of time between Lv3/Lv5. Also it kinda needs to make the decision right when the superflash starts, for both aesthetic and gameplay reasons.
I don't think I mind hold K, though. Hah.

Why is holding buttons and then releasing them a problem?

Why is holding buttons and then releasing them a problem?
Mike Z has said it before, the frames inbetween the super levels is not enough to support the Satchmo Solo's button style where you can keep the trumpet held by holding a button or in this case, holding both punch buttons.
Personally I want the conversion to have a few frames of delay before changing into the next level. I think 30f is a good enough delay for the super.