• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

i hope retention landmine when by hit.

Mines disappear now when you get hit? eek, didn't remember seeing that change. I used them as a tactic just in case I got hit... I guess I won't be planting those anymore

Mines disappear now when you get hit? eek, didn't remember seeing that change. I used them as a tactic just in case I got hit... I guess I won't be planting those anymore
It's only been a little over a week. They're still good for eating armor if timed well, though I'm sure you'll find better use for that time/head.

Found this earlier and made the get head thread with in it, but now I have it in video. Thanks @Tomo009 for finding the strings for other characters, I only found it for Filia.

I think this makes RF MUCH stronger as a team member and is definitely worth learning.

This is pretty cool, but does that robo double snap with the head launch work against every character? Can't check for a while

This is pretty cool, but does that robo double snap with the head launch work against every character? Can't check for a while
It used to be really hard but consistent on Double but with the buff to raw tag it's easier and works on everyone pretty much without fail outside of slightly modifying OTG buttons and timings.

Oh you mean the actual loop itself? You have to be pretty close into the corner but yeah that is also universal.

Reactions: Wenzel
Nobody mentioning s.HK->head/taunt?
It's awesome and I hope it stays.

EDIT: I also assume that the head summon not causing your mines to disappear is still on the to-do list? I do have the issue happen quite often in matches.

Last edited:
It made me happy, thank you.

eh... i kinda approached gaining heads sorta like how i try to gain meter with Robo KY in GG. by getting a hard knockdown popping out a head and then doing a cross up. Once i do have enough heads i would start to use the kamekaze as a projectile to follow behind making incoming high/low mixups a bit more tricky to stuff. idk the mines i just toss out willy nilly when ever i get the chance making the opponent want to jump more. the missiles, i don't have a use for yet i'm not playing robo kitty to be a heavy zoner and i find the lvl1 nd 2 missiles to not really help in either mixup or lockdown for the opponent only has to move a bit to avoid the missiles.

Can the kamekaze head track crouching characters better? Even at full screen, if the opponent was crouching prior to the command even being input, it will completely whiff on some crouching characters.

EDIT: Actually, what seems to cause it is if you input the command for the kamekaze before the head settles into its positon or after you jump and immediately input the command.

EDIT: Actually, what seems to cause it is if you input the command for the kamekaze before the head settles into its positon or after you jump and immediately input the command.
OH yep they seek too slowly. Fixed here!

Reactions: Mr. X
I still think Kamikaze head should track at least a tiny bit better.

Also 5HK > 2HK on hit is awesome.

Want to experiment with 5HK xx 2HK but I'm practicing for a tournament for the next few weeks so I'm trying not to get too much into Robo stuff right now.

It looks like there are probably a lot of uses though, can get out a head before combo enders easily, can end combos with a head and full screen if you want which isn't a terrible idea.

I really like getting two free heads midscreen with + frames (I think there's a way to get a free head + combo midscreen with L Extend but I need to test it EDIT: just tested it and s.HK call L Extend c.HK doesn't go into a full combo :( ) and a head + combo (using assists) in the corner from dust. Thanks!

Last edited:
Finally booted up the game and tried the new dust cancels. Thank you so much Mike, this is amazing.

Huh?
I think he wants a taunt button. No idea about the landmine post.

Not sure why though, taunts are taunts, and your picks are mostly amusing, I laughed pretty hard when you said why Robo's taunt command is what it is.

I think he wants a taunt button. No idea about the landmine post.

Not sure why though, taunts are taunts, and your picks are mostly amusing, I laughed pretty hard when you said why Robo's taunt command is what it is.
Oh, maybe he meant a taunt macro?
Nah. :^) You wanna be a jerk to your opponent, you can work for it a bit.
landmine is Headrone impact, i mean ..... i hope keep stay mine when get hit.

yep, i want a taunt button :)

Last edited:
Robo's taunt is one of the easier ones and now that you can cancel it from HK it is easier to pull of during the match

and there are like , no more buttons to even have a taunt button

Robo's taunt is one of the easier ones
Not that her taunt is by any means hard, getting down the muscle memory takes like 3 tries max, I'd argue it's not an "easier one". Big Band, Beowulf, Eliza, Double, Val, Parasoul all off the top of my head are easier patterns.

I'm used to RF's Taunt since I can easily do Dan's super in MvC2. I could never get Akuma's though x.x

Not that her taunt is by any means hard, getting down the muscle memory takes like 3 tries max, I'd argue it's not an "easier one". Big Band, Beowulf, Eliza, Double, Val, Parasoul all off the top of my head are easier patterns.
*to you

I disagree, Double's is difficult and so is Parasoul's. It differs per person.

yep, i want a taunt button :)
Sorry, nope. They are difficult FOR the exact reason you want a taunt button - so that it is difficult to make fun of your opponent.

landmine is Headrone impact, i mean ..... i hope keep stay mine when get hit.
I didn't like that, because it still stays when you block.
If it were to stay when you got hit, it would have to go back to not breaking armor, stay for a shorter time, and probably cause trip knockdown so it would be impossible to combo from ever. And I still wouldn't do it. :^)

Double's is difficult
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, I thought Double's was the circular input?

Also, on topic, I'd just like to say I really like the way mines work now, it took a bit to get used to them disappearing, but the trade off is worth it I find.

Um s.HP last hit into M Danger doesn't pull in properly vs crouching Squigly when it does vs standing Squigly and crouching everyone else. Can this be fixed please?

robo fortunes tail doesn't change colors during her level 3 when she taunts

Attachments

• 2015-05-06_00002.jpg
    2015-05-06_00002.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 413

and make her taunt faster. Slowest taunt in the game, I feel like I can never pull it off without getting hit. At least make s. hk taunt cancelable so I have 1 safe taunt option

THANK YOU! I Knew you would give in to one of my horrible demands

EDIT:

Still waiting on a response to this from the other thread which got 10 likes!
is there a way to buy 10 easy taunts (bind 2 buttons type thing) for $4.99? Just make a DLC thing for it.

I didn't like that, because it still stays when you block.
If it were to stay when you got hit, it would have to go back to not breaking armor, stay for a shorter time, and probably cause trip knockdown so it would be impossible to combo from ever. And I still wouldn't do it. :^)

thank you for respond me MikeZ. hoping for Robo have other little buff in futrue.

The video shows what he means, he used the headrone after the magnet knockdown to keep up pressure and the video shows how it strangely avoids updo which is nice.

I mean it dosnt appear strange, its like Valentine's s.HP where she takes a step back

If I didn't say it already, I LOVE the cr.hk buff from st.hk.

Also there's quite a few assists in the game that allow you to combo off s.HK c.HK meterless midscreen but most don't allow for a safe dust setup and still being able to combo off of it. There might be some though? Off H Hairball I can get a combo off of s.HK call Hairball c.HK, which is a safe dust setup OS but I have to spend a meter to convert it to damage via magnet super.

I know this isn't a solution you want, but if you worked missiles somewhere into the dust set up it will give you the ability to combo.

It's still useful stuff though! I've almost never thought of using head attacks in an offensive way from neutral or incorporating them into setups so I'll toy with that idea a bit.