• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune Tech and Resets Thread

Triblue

Reaction score
Steam
jujubemaster
Painwheel Ms. Fortune Double
Let's talk about all the tricks and resets R.Fortune can do.
  • Using j.hk to move around and crossup your opponent is always fun.
  • s.mp is +9 on hit (I think this might change) so it gives decent setup potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added BETA to the title, as this will become wildly out of date as time goes on, and better to keep all the old stuff out of whatever a new retail thread is made when the time comes.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but on chars with larger hitboxes (Bigband, Eliza) you can do lp>mp(mash)>lp>mp(1 hit, more in the corner) from close, although the window is kinda tight. Can also be done with lk, which is neat.

You can get it on peacock in the corner only, but I've not got it consistently.

That is because it is +9 on hit so anything with less than 9 frames of startup can be done and combo. Hitstun is pretty long though

5MP is based on Makoto's and it obviously has meh hitbox > hurtbox ratio as shown by Mike already giving it a hurtbox bigger than the hitbox. It is meant to be used as an offensive normal not a defensive one, so it completely makes sense. It is also +6 on block and scales combos super heavily if used as a starter.

[Edit: This tech was removed in the Double Jump Patch]
My favourite thing right now is fuzzy j.MK xx ADF j.HK ambiguous as all hell left/right

[Edit: This video uses the air dash mechanic that was removed in the Double Jump Patch]

Reactions: Kyugetsuki
s.hk is an overhead. I'd like to know why.

s.hk is an overhead. I'd like to know why.
My guess is because it's supposed to be a Dust a la Guilty Gear, considering that RF is supposed to be a Robo-Ky homage. (Robo-Ky Dust has a similar animation as well.) I think it's pretty self-explanatory too: HK on a default arcade stick is exactly where Dust would be.

Really simple reset, c.HP > j.MK > j.HP > ADC > j.MP crossup

pretty derpy looking one is c.HP > instant airdash > j.HK. You can make the j.HK hit on the left or right of them and can combo into a ground string from there.

c.HP > j.LP > j.LK > reset airgrab > ADC > j.HK is a pretty easy grab reset and retains your airdash so you can still combo from the airthrow.

I got a whole mess of other stuff recorded but mike might remove the airdash which would make most things obsolete.

[Edit: This tech uses an Air Dash Cancel, which was removed in the Double Jump Patch]

The reset starts at 0:10, it seems pretty nice.

[E] Forgot to hit publish when it finished uploading, my bad lmfao.

guys, i made this. pls, need input...
[Edit: This tech uses an Air Dash Cancel, which was removed in the Double Jump Patch]

How would you rate Robo-Fortune's ability to convert off of HK fiber using j.hk? I've tried and it works when using HK when you're blocking something ending in a medium but a little bit of trouble against longer blockstun attacks.

[Edit: All posts after this are in the current version of Skullgirls and use her Double Jump Cancels]

I'm not liking DJC so far.
Seems gimmicky, too weight dependant and the combos look ugly, filled with multihits.
I'd rather have air dash. Seems to fit her better, but she is not meant to be a rushdown character.

Reactions: Dime
not sure that this is too useful, but robo fortune's dash is fast enough to cross over a backwards tech after her ground throw. Works against Fukua, Filia, Painwheel, Peacock, and Squigly.

What are people currently doing to follow up a ground throw? laser beams or super?

Something I've been experimenting. There are two reset paths if you get the first one. I'm not very consistent or experienced with my j.HK so this took time.

cr.lk, cr.mp, cr.HP ->
air grab reset -> IAJ?(instant air jump) ->
j.MP touches slightly -> j.HK
1. jump and air grab reset again except you're lower on the ground this time so you could probably
IAJ, j.mp, j.HK now you're on the ground(haven't tested this part)

2. Side to side mix up reset thingy that Caiolugon does in his video.

I never realized this till today but you can control j.HK by pressing up or down, -_- im slow.
Things to note: j.MP sends you moving down fast so you can do cross ups or cross downs I guess.

Edit: Additionally, since you can control j.HK you can land on the ground prematurely in front or behind the enemy and there's your reset! GO LOW!

Last edited:

If you're ever worried you're going to blow up, all you have to do is blow up and everything will be okay.

I can't tell if I actually survived the first explosion, or the second one interrupted the first and saved me.

Edit: It looks like I did interrupt because theres a ch heart, but that could also still mean I'm hitting out of recovery.

Its a mystery

Last edited:
c.hp dj j.mp while j.mp is watched

leaves you up to +18 if not bursted

Reactions: Pickles
I'm pretty sure you can do something better to confirm off the reset but this was the easiest and most consistent way to land a combo

Reactions: Fosh
Upback plus st.hp plus assist option select against low/throw reset mixup:

If they low, robo will absorb and call an assist like beat extend and convert.

If they throw, robo will j.hp plus assist and confirm.

This is FAR from foolproof.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Robo fortune set-ups with assists. The are designed to work with my team but still work with other dp assists if you time it right.

I've been playing her recently, and some of the resets I have in mind are after I do down j.hk, I do j.lp crossover, delay j.mp against a standing opponent midscreen, as well as s.mp, c.hp, j.hk at the corner. Her resets are kinda predictable, but Robo-Fortune can pressure her opponent when j.mp gets blocked or so.

Last edited:
Robo fortune mash safe reset. Even though you do need an assist for this it works with most dp assists and any pressure assists that last about as long as hairball.

Robo fortune mash safe reset. Even though you do need an assist for this it works with most dp assists and any pressure assists that last about as long as hairball.
Can you still do this if you have 2 or 3 heads or does it only work with 1?

Yeah it should still work since the tracking won't change during the set up and the only other difference is more missiles.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I might have just found something good. c.HP > j.LP j.LK j.MK j.HK. The idea is to time this such that you're under them during the j.HK. If you can do that you can control what side you land on. Confirmed it works on everyone (even Big Band) but you need to change the timing for heavier characters (delay the first j.LP). Confirmed it beats jabs on the way down as long as the button you use to do your left/right is s.LP (if you try c.LK it can lose to buttons on the way down, so it's like Valentine's crossup). Also since you didn't use your double jump you can double jump and do an overhead if you want to, this also seems to beat jabs. Light and medium characters recover in the air so it's hard to reversal. Heavy characters recover on the ground so they get the reversal buffer but they still have to guess the side.

// reset mixup thingy
I used to do delay j.LP j.HK to get this mixup but it only worked on lights and I was too lazy to look into how to make it work on mids and heavies. This is gdlk, tyvm.

A super easy one. cr.hp->j.lp->j.mp . Also hold forward. Also lights only Timed right you will cross under.

eh.... it uses one head to cover Robo Kitty... kinda

it does protect Robo Kitty slightly which is better than none so.... bleg... i'm not good at resets....

*walks off to bed*

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
So this reset is kind of silly, dangerous, works on everyone as long as she can get above their heads, works if they aren't paying attention to robo's direction. So first is what it is. Basically you call your lock down assist mid combo and neutral dj above their heads into j.mp.

So why would this work? 1. During hitstun enemy doesnt change direction this is obvious.
2. Though you can tell which direction robo fortune is facing in the air, shes a ball during her jump and during j.mp. You need to look closely.
3. #2 is amplified if your assist has knockback

This is dangerous because if you don't know your direction you can't block and bait a reversal.
Sorry I don't have a video to show like everyone else.

I remember mike z saying something about how mine placement was invincible on wake up. I don't remember where/when (maybe ultra Chen?? Idr) but what options (no meter please) does robo fortune have for wake up?? I feel this is one of the most creative characters :) but in regards to tools....wake up looks pretty suspect.

Also ninja I don't get why you keep scaling your combos.

She has M danger(grab invincible), L danger(AA and Top half invincible), Up + s.hp (Option select for low and grab). Level 3 is safe and lets you assess the situation like painwheel's hatred install, I think.

I've only heard of it from some other person credits to him, never tried it myself, but here's is how I believe it works. He also said its kind of fuzzy

If the enemy goes for a wakeup grab, you will neutral jump out of it.

If the enemy goes for a low, you will instead start up s.hp armoring that first hit and hit with s.hp.

It's up back HP not up HP and it needs to be done with a DP assist to be effective, ie with L Extend.

Also she has no metered reversal (I guess det mode sort of counts though it isn't invulnerable on startup). Her reversals are arguably worst in the game.

It's up back HP not up HP and it needs to be done with a DP assist to be effective, ie with L Extend.

Also she has no metered reversal (I guess det mode sort of counts though it isn't invulnerable on startup). Her reversals are arguably worst in the game.

You know it :)

I think her reversals are arguable in that they don't exactly give her the best defense like others with invincibility to everything for a moment, but you can at least convert off all of them, I think. And I forgot to mention, you can make some of them safe even if they are blocked.

Last edited:
@Mike_Z hey didnt you say you had Mine placement be invincible...? I'm determined to find it and i will :P but cant atm.

yeah her wakeup is so yucky :(

@Mike_Z hey didnt you say you had Mine placement be invincible...? I'm determined to find it and i will :P but cant atm.

yeah her wakeup is so yucky :(
He didn't say that, he said (probably not exact words but paraphrasing) that it's good to catch people as they come in swinging buttons in neutral, kind of like a DP assist. If they hit Robo in the startup they're committed to the move (unless they cancel it to something that will avoid the mine drop) so the mine comes down and explodes, granting you a combo.

Mine is a very fast startup thing that requires the opponent to either drop their combo, dodge it, or get hit. Once she commands the mine, it will finish what it was told to do even if she is hit.
It certainly isn't a reversal, though.

I often have trouble capitalizing off of headrones so I'd like to ask what people do in these instances.

1. L headrone stops the enemy from continuing their combo on you after they go in and land a hit or two on you.

2. M headrone or mine- There's a few instances for me where this catches people. I haven't experimented extensively with it.
Usually I catch people when they jump in and I push block them into a mine. I suppose magnet is always a choice.

3.H headrone. There are two instances where I really go WTF do I do now. First one is mid air combo the missiles just lift the enemy and keep them in the air completely messing up the combo.

The enemy is already in the air being carried off by missiles.

The enemy is blocking air or ground and pushblocking.