• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

Daft Punk helmet head
I'm done, that's it, i'm satisfied, take my money L0 even though Robo will be free for 3 months anyway.

Plus, don't even like Gundam but that color was so awesome, I can't even describe! What was that very last color they showed and the one just before Aigis? I have no idea what those were.

Yes please
upload_2014-7-7_16-36-18.png

Reactions: Covenant
Parachar too and suddenly the whole team is 3 times faster.
SEIG ZEON

The Gundam really looks amazing !

There is also a red Zaku palette :

uZgXrZX.png

jPnr9Nf.jpg

3fXWoFK.jpg

Color maps for Robo-Fortune, some of the earliest stuff of her official ingame art. G is the final colormap settled upon, and I can only assume that C is a "budget" iteration which required less work for contractors (and therefore, less money). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there.

Color maps for Robo-Fortune, some of the earliest stuff of her official ingame art. G is the final colormap settled upon, and I can only assume that C is a "budget" iteration which required less work for contractors (and therefore, less money). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there.

flotilla, your correct on what you said .

A very small nitpick, but a shame they couldn't retouch the pouches to look like battery cells or Megaman-style E-tanks.
Just a minor aspect for me but probably a big one for Lab Zero in terms of costs.
Or maybe there's already plans for the pouches as they are. Plans of a Liefeldian scale. :3

I bet they're where she keeps her extra heads.

Reactions: Balder
*Recycle the animation from Head Spike (What's the name for the move where she removes her head?) and make Robo-Fortune throw an explosive head at an opponent like Faust from Guilty Gear or Alisa Bosconovich from Tekken.

Thank god i'm not the only one who wants her to have alisa's moves like spam bomb/logic bomb or hang up

On timeout:
"Submitting latest patch for console release"

On time out it should be "awaiting two weeks for new updates"

A very small nitpick, but a shame they couldn't retouch the pouches to look like battery cells or Megaman-style E-tanks.
Just a minor aspect for me but probably a big one for Lab Zero in terms of costs.
Or maybe there's already plans for the pouches as they are. Plans of a Liefeldian scale. :3
I could make the same observation about the nails on the hand and feet; they look too organic for an automaton. I'm assuming that even with the color models we were shown, things might not be finalized just yet.

I imagine robofortune doing that smoke fatality where he just keeps laying bombs until the world explodes...Only instead of bombs they are spare heads that also explode.

Reactions: D.R.E.
I'll leave my stupid idea here:

In Sonic Battle, Gamma had an ability where when he was KO'd, he would explode and cause damage if the player was nearby. Now, that's pretty broken there, but what if it was an automatic super? Or even a super where the input window is when you're dying? Use a meter and blow up, damaging your opponent and sending them across the screen. Now, to make it fair, let's say that if it was used on the last character and would normally kill them, it would still count as the opponents win. It's for mid-battle blow ups only.

I think it would be a neat idea, especially if used in conjunction with Valentine's Level 5 so you can get more blow-ups per round.

Reactions: Professor Icepick
I imagine robofortune doing that smoke fatality where he just keeps laying bombs until the world explodes...Only instead of bombs they are spare heads that also explode.

like catheads except they blow up right?

well the skullgirls wiki mentions some comments I remember about a similar mechanic.

"
Lab Zero Games expressed interest in adding "detonation mode" to Robo-Fortune. Mike Z's explanation of the move was as such:

• Once activated, a counter would begin to tick down. As it does so, Robo-Fortune's meter regenerates, and she can move faster.
  • Once the counter hits 0, she explodes spectacularly, heavily damaging herself and the enemy if they are caught in the blast."
like catheads except they blow up right?

My big assumption is that she is like a pez dispensor that fires out her own spare heads as bombs yeah.

Reactions: agent13
I can't wait for Robo-fortune,loving all these colors.

the first one if the protagonist of the n64 game mischief makers and ninjaed.

Marina Robo-Fortune? I know what I'm picking now if that color makes it. I only see palette ideas and I already like her more than her meat bag counterpart lol.

I think the PSO character's name is Elenor.

Does anyone recognize these characters that three possible palettes are based on?
kStkIRj.jpg

Some video game character, some droid that looks kind of like Arcee from Transformers, and some kind of Kamen Rider type girl.
Took some searching but third palette is based on Colon from the Super Sentai show "Choujuu Sentai Liveman"

Reactions: BallotBoxer
whens voltron tho?

Because we're so nice here at Skullheart, here's a nice clear look at her color maps:

Gif:
robofortune_colormapX_cycle.gif

Lineup:

RoboFortune color Map Comparison.png

As said in the panel, they made several versions of Robo to check how much it would cost to animate her.
G is the desired design while C and E are quicker and thus cheaper variants. After they tested out altering some of Fortune's sprites LZ decided it actually didn't cost that much more to go with the more complex G, so that'll be design they're running with.

And here's all the palettes shown in the presentation with where they're from:
http://imgur.com/a/Rtr8H

Someone else can post direct links in here :P

Last edited:
All i'm saying is if she doesn't get spam bomb, that's a huge opportunity wasted(or hang up[alisa's unblockable head super] but i can see hang up happening more then spam bomb)

Here's a better look at her color maps:

Thanks I was looking for it. I asked in the wrong thread :/

Here's an album of levels-corrected Robo-Fortune palettes:
http://imgur.com/a/MaaDY

Or all 11 all at once:
9NLtf9s.jpg

1. Metal Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog CD

2. Aigis from Persona 3

3. "Red Comet" Char Aznable colors Zaku II from Mobile Suit Gundam

4. Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

5. Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers

6. KOS-MOS from Xenosaga

7. Doraemon

8. R. Dorothy Wayneright from The Big O

9. Colon from Choujuu Sentai Liveman

10. RAcaseal from Phantasy Star Online

11. RX-78-2 Gundam
I must say, I'm impressed. The Internet is full of super helpful knowledgable people. And quick too. I was cluelessly typing descriptions into search engines like "red and white robot video game girl with green hair" or worse, "pink droid". Thanks to all that found the answers.

Awww, I thought 7 and 9 were Guido Anchovy and Polly Ester (respectfully) from Samurai Pizza Cats!

Seriously Mike, we better get at least one Pizza Cats palette for Robo-Fortune. This design is just begging for it!

Last edited:
aw man
if she could get herself a Mazinger palette
or GaoGaiGar

i would just be in heaven

EDIT: OR KING GAINER TOO
cUGq7Hb.gif

AW YEAH

Reactions: Guymelef
What about that "head-switch" part? Will she swap heads for different effects? I want a MechaGodzilla head!

Also, some ideas for Transformers palettes:

Ravageboxart.jpg
Ravage

Razorclawg1.jpg
Razorclaw

Cheetorbw.jpg
Cheetor

BWIILioConvoyColorModel.jpg
Lio Convoy

Robo-Kitty might play like Cyrax with head bomb juggles. But let's make this interesting~ say the head bomb input is placed in ( let's just have the input be :QCF::P: ) the head would have a three second fuse. holding in the punch button will "cook" the head until release. if you hold the input for more than 3 seconds the head will blow up on Robo-Kitty's face damaging her and anyone at point blank range. ( Sorta like Deadpool's third teleport attempt in MvC3) the different punch strengths determine how far the head fly out when it's released, so :LP: could have the head roll off and stop a few feet, :MP: goes about a character's length away, and :HP: would go 1/3 of the screen in a sorta high lobbing motion. ( 1/2 screen seems too much when I think about it. )

Edit: it might also be air okay too, reuse Cat Spike animation and Head Roll, save money over all ;)

I don't know this is my brain thoughts on the possibility of how Robo-Kitty might play. It's all up to the guys at Lab Zero to build her.

Robo-Kitty might play like Cyrax with head bomb juggles. But let's make this interesting~ say the head bomb input is placed in ( let's just have the input be :QCF::P: ) the head would have a three second fuse. holding in the punch button will "cook" the head until release. if you hold the input for more than 3 seconds the head will blow up on Robo-Kitty's face damaging her and anyone at point blank range. ( Sorta like Deadpool's third teleport attempt in MvC3) the different punch strengths determine how far the head fly out when it's released, so :LP: could have the head roll off and stop a few feet, :MP: goes about a character's length away, and :HP: would go 1/3 of the screen in a sorta high lobbing motion. ( 1/2 screen seems too much when I think about it. )

Edit: it might also be air okay too, reuse Cat Spike animation and Head Roll, save money over all ;)

I don't know this is my brain thoughts on the possibility of how Robo-Kitty might play. It's all up to the guys at Lab Zero to build her.
I was thinking it'd work more like Yoshi eggs/snake grenades that can be aimed.
Also, I'm still expecting Cyber Ms Fortune Force.

I was thinking it'd work more like Yoshi eggs/snake grenades that can be aimed.
Also, I'm still expecting Cyber Ms Fortune Force.
Like I said this is my brain thoughts... I personally want a technical character and this might be a cool option, ( yoshi eggs? meh, sound good too.) plus it allows Mike to be super lazy which is a good thing for the man, he's been busting his ass over Eliza and soon Beowulf.