• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RPG Maker

Prisceel

Undead
Reaction score
Parasoul Filia Fukua
Interested in making your own game? Specifically an RPG? Well then you should try the RPG Maker series! The software makes it pretty easy to make one. (That's saying a lot considering how dumb I am) You can make a simple RPG, a super complex one, or maybe not even an RPG at all. (probably)

I've been on and off trying to make an RPG using the program but I've been losing motivation. This bundle will definitely give me some new toys to tinker with.

Hopefully you guys can try it too! I'll be happy to provide some links and tutorials if you're interested. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for informing me of this bundle! Now I have to buy it...
Also, could you post some tutorials? I want to make an rpg too~!

ditto.gif
I too have thing I'm trying to make

Reactions: musica
C-can I make a Skullgirls rpg without getting sued?
I'm not certain, but I think as long as you don't like profit off of it, it's cool.

Also, here's a set of video tutorials for ya!

Helpful things!
Thanks!
I think I'll make a Skullgirls rpg after all! :P
It'll be Ms.Fortune and company's adventure to save the river king's daughters!

Put lesbians in it and you'll have my attention.

Which of those titles contains lesbians?

Also, you should add Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden to that list.

Never heard about it before. I'll take a look at it

Reminder that there are only 20 hours left on the humble bundle sale!

Guess I'll buy it now and decide later if I'll ever do anything with it

Is it possible to get rid of grid based movement?
It is possible, but you will have to edit the scipt. You can use other people's scripts and copy and paste them to do all sorts of things.

Just make sure to credit anyone's work you use

You should just be able to search scripts specifically, otherwise you'll be able to find them on the RPG Maker VX Ace forums

If anyone needs any help with RPG Maker, I'd be more than happy to do so. Just send a message

If anyone needs any help with RPG Maker, I'd be more than happy to do so. Just send a message
Is there a difference between self switches and regular switches?

Is there a difference between self switches and regular switches?

A self-switch is specific for that exact event, it saves the hassle of a full switch for such a minor thing. For example:

@> Play SE 'Chest', 80, 100
@> Control Self Switch: A =ON
@> Change Items: [Potion], +

When this event runs, it will activate the self-switch and disable its self (asumming you have a blank event page afterwards), therecore the event no longer functions more than once, you can of course use several self-switches, but that is where things get tricky.

Switches however, are just like self-switches. The difference is that this switch can activate for multiple events and not just itself, for example:

Create a door or something and place it on the map. Place a chest with a key. Now, click on the gate and do the following, create a new event page, on the second page click on Switch under conditions, double click, name the event whatever you want.

Now click on the chest and at the end, add Control Switches and chose the switch. When you go to play-test open the chest and then walk over and press enter on the door, and there we go.

Apologies for the long explanation. If you don't understand anything just ask.

Last edited:
Stuff
Thanks for the help! I've been using regular switches for everything so I haven't been as organized but thanks for letting me know.

Self-switches basically just help to tidy

I have another thing I'm curious to learn about. What are common events? I have a good guess of what it is from the name but I'm not too sure.